• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BleedinGreenNC
    • Sep 2004

Re: Cutler may get cut next week....

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I think you're underestimating the QB market in today's NFL. I would guess he'd pull in between $12-14 mil per year, some team is going to be willing to go all-in with him.
    If he gets released he is going to get picked up quick, that is a no brainer. I can see the Jets making a run at him. He would instantly improve our team.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

It's too bad that we haven't done that yet. We're 4 days away from free agency and haven't even upgraded our O-line yet...what a travesty.
      1. We've significantly reduced our ability to fix the OL by reducing our avaiable cap AND making our already weak draft position when weaker.
      2. This thread is about the possibility of signing Cutler, which absolutely would kill the rest of our cap space.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
        If he gets released he is going to get picked up quick, that is a no brainer. I can see the Jets making a run at him. He would instantly improve our team.
        Cutler would improve 10-12 teams.

Would he sign with the team that offers him the most money or a team he can WIN with & improve his reputation for a little less money?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          the bills are damned if they do, damned if they don't . Either ways, you'll ***** no matter what they do or don't.
          If they ever do something thats actually a good move, I wont ***** about it. I didn't ***** when they signed Mario, for example.

And again, you're making this about me when it should be about the team and their moves. The team keeps losing, which means they are making bad moves.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            1. We've significantly reduced our ability to fix the OL by reducing our avaiable cap AND making our already weak draft position when weaker.
            2. This thread is about the possibility of signing Cutler, which absolutely would kill the rest of our cap space.
            It's not impossible for us to improve our O-line through the draft. It's also not impossible for us to increase our cap space this year.

Clearly this is a hypothetical but what if we signed Cutler, what's stopping us from releasing Cassel? The fact that he cost us a 5th round pick? Pffft.

They say that you can't judge a draft until 3 years have passed. Well you can't judge an offseason until at least free agency STARTS.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
              Cutler would improve 10-12 teams.

Would he sign with the team that offers him the most money or a team he can WIN with & improve his reputation for a little less money?
              He will do it for the money! Wouldnt you?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

I'd rather that didn't happen. I enjoy seeing Geno behind center.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

If they ever do something thats actually a good move, I wont ***** about it. I didn't ***** when they signed Mario, for example.

And again, you're making this about me when it should be about the team and their moves. The team keeps losing, which means they are making bad moves.
                  Let me check again, but I don't think the Bills have played any games since they hired Rex.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

It's not impossible for us to improve our O-line through the draft. It's also not impossible for us to increase our cap space this year.

Clearly this is a hypothetical but what if we signed Cutler, what's stopping us from releasing Cassel? The fact that he cost us a 5th round pick? Pffft.

They say that you can't judge a draft until 3 years have passed. Well you can't judge an offseason until at least free agency STARTS.
                    You can judge a team killing their cap without addressing their biggest need before FA even starts, which is what the Bills didn't

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    Let me check again, but I don't think the Bills have played any games since they hired Rex.
                    Yeah the wait and see approach. That's what people say every off season, and every season the results are the same.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

He will do it for the money! Wouldnt you?
                      Well, it depends.

If it is for a one year prove it contract or long term.

I would doubt any team offers Cutler a long term contract for GOOD money like he got in Chicago.

I think he will have to take a one year prove it contract & it might make more sense to accept a few less dollars to go to a team where he can prove himself in that year by winning.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                        • Sep 2004

I'd rather that didn't happen. I enjoy seeing Geno behind center.

I enjoy seeing Geno being behind center as much as i would like a kick in the groin.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

You can judge a team killing their cap without addressing their biggest need before FA even starts, which is what the Bills didn't

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the wait and see approach. That's what people say every off season, and every season the results are the same.
                          Your pessimism was warranted & proved to be correct in the PAST Op.

But this is TODAY, not yesterday.

New Ownership doing things differently than was done in the past.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

you ***** and whine about not replacing people or not upgrading positions. Well signing Cutler and Shady would be upgrades and better replacements for what we had and yet you have a problem with it? You're arguing with yourself again.

You are also making a pre-emptive ***** and whine abut not improving the OL just like you did before we signed Walker and Dockery.

I am not really making this about you. I am merely pointing out your self contradiction.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-06-2015, 01:56 PM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Our cap is not killed, you're being dramatic.

You're right, **** it. The season is over, let's look ahead to 2016.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                                Making Spirits Bright
                                • Mar 2006

I enjoy seeing Geno being behind center as much as i would like a kick in the groin.
                                And I would enjoy watching that.

Comment

Working...
                                X