Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nolan rips ‘lackadaisical’ Grigorenko

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Nolan rips ‘lackadaisical’ Grigorenko

Why should he give a ****? We are trying to lose. He will be fine next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Speaking of Russian head cases... we could have had a good Canadian boy like Mantha or Lazar... but we got Nikita.

yeah.
    Eh, Mantha is a nice enough guy, but seems heavily influenced by some of the vets on the griffs, and the entitlements that go with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

its too bad half the sabres talk here is from 3 guys who can't get over a rebuilding process and need to cry about every little thing because their team is rebuilding in a different manner or struggling to make the playoffs.

JATMtheJATM, i tend to think you have your head screwed on straight for this sabres season. That being said, i think Nolan's critique of Grigs is a problem. it's not about one bad game. he's been called up a couple times and sent back down. he's been called up and been a healthy scratch.

rob ray in a pregame was pretty much over grigs as well. he said something to the effect of "he has talent, it's not out of this world talent, but combined with the inconsistency and inability to take over the AHL, it is hard to see where the upside is."

It is a warning shot of a lot of significance if the coach is willing to call you out in the media. it hurts trade value, for a young kid in his 20's who thought he should play right away and keeps hearing he isn't good enough, he could straight up quit. so it's a risky proposal. but perhaps all the other attempts to get to him isn't working.

it must be frustrating to have a guy who shows promise to be a player and you just see laziness in his game on his 3rd 4th call up when there are no more players out there. the sabres are running the amerks team and grigs isn't seizing the moment.

so after that long-windedness, i think grigs is down to his last strike. no one from management owes him anything since they didn't take him. they are going to have cap space to bring in FA on top of their draft haul and they have other kids in the system that are fighting like hell to leap frog him.

i suspect they will let him try again in camp next year, and if he doesn't outright crush it to win a spot, i suspect he is traded in a package as a prospect for another team to try with.

4. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    its too bad half the sabres talk here is from 3 guys who can't get over a rebuilding process and need to cry about every little thing because their team is rebuilding in a different manner or struggling to make the playoffs.

JATMtheJATM, i tend to think you have your head screwed on straight for this sabres season. That being said, i think Nolan's critique of Grigs is a problem. it's not about one bad game. he's been called up a couple times and sent back down. he's been called up and been a healthy scratch.

rob ray in a pregame was pretty much over grigs as well. he said something to the effect of "he has talent, it's not out of this world talent, but combined with the inconsistency and inability to take over the AHL, it is hard to see where the upside is."

It is a warning shot of a lot of significance if the coach is willing to call you out in the media. it hurts trade value, for a young kid in his 20's who thought he should play right away and keeps hearing he isn't good enough, he could straight up quit. so it's a risky proposal. but perhaps all the other attempts to get to him isn't working.

it must be frustrating to have a guy who shows promise to be a player and you just see laziness in his game on his 3rd 4th call up when there are no more players out there. the sabres are running the amerks team and grigs isn't seizing the moment.

so after that long-windedness, i think grigs is down to his last strike. no one from management owes him anything since they didn't take him. they are going to have cap space to bring in FA on top of their draft haul and they have other kids in the system that are fighting like hell to leap frog him.

i suspect they will let him try again in camp next year, and if he doesn't outright crush it to win a spot, i suspect he is traded in a package as a prospect for another team to try with.
    A year ago, I'd have agreed. After his threat to take his ball and go home, he seemed to figure it out. Said the right things, did the right things. Worked on his game, stayed in buffalo over the summer to work on his game, impressed during camp, but sent down anyways. Didn't whine, went down to the AHL,played well down there and actually impressed people (I posted an article about it). So he comes up, doesn't play well a game, and suddenly, he becomes public enemy one for people with an axe to grind. Hes in his first full year pro, can't even drink yet, and people are ready to write him off, as if his attitude change never happened. You mention other attempts to get him haven't worked. They have though. Hes completely worked with Sabres and amerks coaches all season to improve his game.

And like Joe yerdon wrote yesterday, this isn't the first youngster Nolan has called out for lack of effort. Both other players responded. young players grow. I don't see why grigo is the exception to patience. If he goes to Rochester and pours about it, yeah there's a problem. so far, that hasn't been the case.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 03-10-2015 at 09:46 AM.

6. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey, what do you know? Another account of a young Nhl player doing silly things young Nhl players do.
    http://deadspin.com/bruins-rookie-fo...ium=socialflow

Apparently, golden boy pastrnak likes sensual, full body massages that come with "and more"

Where's the outrage?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Um... he's producing!?

grigs sucks. Isn't doing ****. Isn't showing signs of doing ****. And yet u think the potential is still going to come out?

*** Grigs! He's plays the game like a ***

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Um... he's producing!?

grigs sucks. Isn't doing ****. Isn't showing signs of doing ****. And yet u think the potential is still going to come out?

*** Grigs! He's plays the game like a ***
    In the AHL? yes, he is. Hes doing that "developing" thing that younger players usually have to do.

Hes having a better year then Mantha, at the same age. In the same league.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You're out of your mind if you think what Grigs is doing is developing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're out of your mind if you think what Grigs is doing is developing.
    I guess I'm Out of my mind for not writing off a 20 year old kid in his first pro season.

Here's an article that talks about it.
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...week/22001577/

I guess I'm just not as quick to rush to final judgement on a kid as some here.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,030 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I only speak from experience about Russian players having watched the Jets deal with Burmistrov. He might turn it around. One question, if you guys don't tender him, do you think he picks himself up and signs with another NHL team or hits the first plane back to Russia?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I only speak from experience about Russian players having watched the Jets deal with Burmistrov. He might turn it around. One question, if you guys don't tender him, do you think he picks himself up and signs with another NHL team or hits the first plane back to Russia?
    They'll tender him. They may also use him in a trade package as well.

They aren't going to just up and give up on him after his first full year pro. Especially since he's produced well in the AHL.

Also, heard burmistrov might return to the jets next year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    They'll tender him. They may also use him in a trade package as well.

They aren't going to just up and give up on him after his first full year pro. Especially since he's produced well in the AHL.

Also, heard burmistrov might return to the jets next year.
    I heard that too. They were actually trying to use him as a chip at the deadline. If I'm going to take a chance on a small centre, it will be Petan who has shown up in big games. Burmistrov hasn't shown any ability to score on a regular basis. If he comes back to the NHL, I would bet it isn't with the Jets.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    You are forgetting the Russian factor. They play when the want, usually a contract year. Then they hold the threat of the KHL over teams. There are very few Russians in the NHL EVER that were good hard working players who didn't cry or run when things went sour. I can really only think of a few. Mostly in the last decade. The ONLY Russians that I would even consider outside of this stereotype are Datsuyk, Malkin, Fedorov, Ovechkin. Maybe throw in a few of the goalies. Tarasenko and Kucherov are too early to tell.
    Change Russian to black and you can have Meathead in here. Ha!

Are you saying Ovechkin ISN'T a floater? That guy lives at the opponents blue line.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Change Russian to black and you can have Meathead in here. Ha!

Are you saying Ovechkin ISN'T a floater? That guy lives at the opponents blue line.
    No not saying he isn't a floater but at least looks like he cares out there. He is probably told to be there. Gretzky used to do it too.

He at least has proven to produce when it isn't a contract year although the jury was out for a while after he signed his last deal. The only Russian I would take on my team in any situation would be Datsuyk. He is a two way stud.

17. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

so sick of Nolan...just fire his ass as soon as season over.....this isn't 1997 with Hasek anymore

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GreedoII View Post
    so sick of Nolan...just fire his ass as soon as season over.....this isn't 1997 with Hasek anymore
    It will happen.