• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: Nolan rips ‘lackadaisical’ Grigorenko

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
    I only speak from experience about Russian players having watched the Jets deal with Burmistrov. He might turn it around. One question, if you guys don't tender him, do you think he picks himself up and signs with another NHL team or hits the first plane back to Russia?
    They'll tender him. They may also use him in a trade package as well.

They aren't going to just up and give up on him after his first full year pro. Especially since he's produced well in the AHL.

Also, heard burmistrov might return to the jets next year.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
      They'll tender him. They may also use him in a trade package as well.

They aren't going to just up and give up on him after his first full year pro. Especially since he's produced well in the AHL.

Also, heard burmistrov might return to the jets next year.
      I heard that too. They were actually trying to use him as a chip at the deadline. If I'm going to take a chance on a small centre, it will be Petan who has shown up in big games. Burmistrov hasn't shown any ability to score on a regular basis. If he comes back to the NHL, I would bet it isn't with the Jets.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
        You are forgetting the Russian factor. They play when the want, usually a contract year. Then they hold the threat of the KHL over teams. There are very few Russians in the NHL EVER that were good hard working players who didn't cry or run when things went sour. I can really only think of a few. Mostly in the last decade. The ONLY Russians that I would even consider outside of this stereotype are Datsuyk, Malkin, Fedorov, Ovechkin. Maybe throw in a few of the goalies. Tarasenko and Kucherov are too early to tell.
        Change Russian to black and you can have Meathead in here. Ha!

Are you saying Ovechkin ISN'T a floater? That guy lives at the opponents blue line.

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
          Change Russian to black and you can have Meathead in here. Ha!

Are you saying Ovechkin ISN'T a floater? That guy lives at the opponents blue line.
          No not saying he isn't a floater but at least looks like he cares out there. He is probably told to be there. Gretzky used to do it too.

He at least has proven to produce when it isn't a contract year although the jury was out for a while after he signed his last deal. The only Russian I would take on my team in any situation would be Datsuyk. He is a two way stud.

Comment

• GreedoII
            • Aug 2007

so sick of Nolan...just fire his ass as soon as season over.....this isn't 1997 with Hasek anymore

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
              so sick of Nolan...just fire his ass as soon as season over.....this isn't 1997 with Hasek anymore
              It will happen.

Comment

Working...
              X