Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tear-down mode over... transitioning from rebuild to build

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

tear-down mode over... transitioning from rebuild to build

WGR 550 @WGR550 · 10h10 hours ago

Sabres' President Ted Black in studio now: "The tear-down mode is over" ...."We are going to transition from rebuild to build"

SpikedLemonade

Re: tear-down mode over... transitioning from rebuild to build

Rebuild my ass.

Stick it up your tank.

3. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-12-2015),rbochan (03-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is Ted Nolan going to squeak this team past the Oilers and ruin the tank?

its all on his karma at this point.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Is Ted Nolan going to squeak this team past the Oilers and ruin the tank?

its all on his karma at this point.
    I'm rooting for poor Ted Nolan.

He should absolutely go out on a winning streak to shove it up Murray's ass for making Nolan the goat for this planned tank season.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Now comes the hard part.

7. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-12-2015)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Now comes the hard part.
    "But, but, but...the Sabres prospects all have so much potential and are all developing nicely...."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Building a Cup team isn't easy.

it takes a great organization.

i don't see in Murray someone who has the character to mold that.

10. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

well, now that everyone has finished their axe grinding, what areas do the sabres have to focus on going forward to build? they have loads of defensive and center chips to use, but seem light on the wings and in goal, IMO.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's not just building a line or 4.

its a whole ORGANIZATION that has to be built and from what I've heard, there's a penchant for cronyism

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Building a Cup team isn't easy.

it takes a great organization.

i don't see in Murray someone who has the character to mold that.
    Personality of a snail.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,312 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Of course the tear down is over. There is nothing left of value except Kane and Bogosian. No more big contracts, no more Regier holdovers except a few who actually pull their weight, like Ennis and Ellis (not that Ellis is great but he fills his 4th line roll well).

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    well, now that everyone has finished their axe grinding, what areas do the sabres have to focus on going forward to build? they have loads of defensive and center chips to use, but seem light on the wings and in goal, IMO.
    I agree in terms of prospects but it's tough to say until these guys get ice time and prove their worth.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the same three posters saying the same thing over and over again. it is so boring to read the sabres zone with spiked, floflo and coastal on autorepeat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Nolan will get next year, assuming we finish last.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    the same three posters saying the same thing over and over again. it is so boring to read the sabres zone with spiked, floflo and coastal on autorepeat.
    What keeps you from posting?? Join in, Put up some counter points.

Not sure if you noticed, Maybe you have, NO ONE post here, This section is a ghost town.

Without us 3, JATM would be talking to himself.

I bet 50 million of you show up on Draft day tho to proclaim how awesome the Sabres are.

18. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-13-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

every team rebuilds. Players age out. the sabres went extreme and sold the farm after a horrible start last year which resulted in the firing of the coach who was just hired the year before.

hockey is a business. other businesses in bad years elect to take charges so all the bad news is grouped together. that's what the sabres have done.

The sabres previous mode of operation pre pegula was to sneak in to the playoffs in the 7-8 spot and pray you are the hot team. it worked twice in 99 and 2000.

They also tried to go all free agents and fire up the fan base but have a grouping of players who don't meld together (sounds a little like the current bills plan). and that backfired terribly.

So as you end the year on a fire sale last year, and you know you have a good draft and not a lot of good free agents, you think a team owes it to you to go pick up some crappy players? murray and co should check in with spiked and floflo? "hey, we can save the cap money, get a top prospect and then have money to get free agents. also our prospect pool will have had a year to develop without being rushed. we know that doesn't guarantee anything, but we believe that will the fastest way to have a relevant team. Are the message board warriors ok with our approach, or should we scrap our plan?"

literally every post follows the same snide remarks. that could be why the sabres section is dead

20. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (03-16-2015),don137 (03-16-2015),Dude (03-13-2015),OpIv37 (03-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Some of what transpires on this forum is FloFlo scouring the internet daily for hours a day trying to find what he perceives to be negative news on the sabres and when he finds what he is looking for.. Posting new threads and providing links to the so called negative sabres stuff gleefully hoping to get JATM going and JATM always take the bait and FloFlo gets the attention he craves

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

the sabres are hard to watch when you know that the talent level has largely not been there all year. but nolan has done a good job with nothing building little streaks of confidence. and eachtime injuries and trades occurred.

the sabres would liek the #1 pick, but they are also content with getting a player who is ready to play now. i am guessing they have some contingencies if they have the 3rd or 4th pick on if they draft or trade for someone else who is a prospect by 3-4 years further and ready to go next year.

if you want to be so jaded as to just say the same think "tank! Tank! Tank!", so be it. it's been noted. we've got your point of view.

and i hope everyone does show up for the draft on this board if they get mcdavid to just irritate the crap out of you some more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    I bet 50 million of you show up on Draft day tho to proclaim how awesome the Sabres are.
    Please show the record at 49,999,999. I will not be showing up after the draft to announce how great the sabres are. Personally, I'm a 3-4 year rebuild guy. I believe it takes that long in almost any team sport to rebuild a team under the SAME management group. ( See Bills failures - constant coaching, upper management changes. ) Old sayings are around long enough to become old because they are simply true....Rome was not built in a day....neither will the sabres.

With regards to "flo", coastal and "spiked".....I cannot tell you if the team "tanked" on purpose. I admit some days it sure looks that way, but I do wonder why no-one ever accused the Oilers of doing it with 3 straight years of #1 picks. Ottawa 2 yrs and Pittsburgh 2 out of 3 yrs. I would think at some point, pride would take over and be worth at least a few points in the standings for the guys currently playing. I would ask though....is it really worth rolling the dice?...is it worth my career and livelihood? Because nowhere have I seen a sign on any of these kids that says "guaranteed". Blah, blah tearing up the OHL,...WHL, CHL, ....I don't get overly excited....why? Because they are all missing the big "N". Until you're tearing it up under the NHL, wearing your big boy pants, what you did with the 'little tykes' really means jack squat. How many #1's went on to have that GREAT career - not pretty good, or just long, but a great career? Not a whole freaking bunch.

And what exactly does happen if we finish 3rd or 4th best? No McDavid, no Eichel...*gasp* Should I just call Pegula and tell him to thaw First Niagara and we'll just use it as a swimming pool? Jump to the coyotes bandwagon because they got McDavid so OBVIOUSLY they win the cup next year? ( of course he'll be trying to pass to himself, score 85 goals, and he better play goal too just in case ) One guy doesn't win or guarantee a cup. Gretzky was the greatest of his era (and I use eras because the game changes - rules, equipment, etc.) but he also had a lot of help. ( Fuhr, Messier, Coffey etc )

Lastly, 'spiked', coastal and 'flo' like to bring their wooden spoons and stir the pot at times. *shrug* I'm ok with that. Often I think they can bring up a valid point, or at least something to think about and sometimes just plain funny. I expect them to want to 'jam it up a bit', they root for other teams...that's fine by me so long as it doesn't get personal. They like to think we tanked on purpose....do they? Or are they just trying to get under someone's skin? Can't be proved either way....just like tanking...so I welcome those 3 to post as much as anyone else.
    I've upped my standards...now up yours

24. Post thanked by:

Downinfloflo (03-13-2015),trapezeus (03-14-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    every team rebuilds. Players age out. the sabres went extreme and sold the farm after a horrible start last year which resulted in the firing of the coach who was just hired the year before.

hockey is a business. other businesses in bad years elect to take charges so all the bad news is grouped together. that's what the sabres have done.

The sabres previous mode of operation pre pegula was to sneak in to the playoffs in the 7-8 spot and pray you are the hot team. it worked twice in 99 and 2000.

They also tried to go all free agents and fire up the fan base but have a grouping of players who don't meld together (sounds a little like the current bills plan). and that backfired terribly.

So as you end the year on a fire sale last year, and you know you have a good draft and not a lot of good free agents, you think a team owes it to you to go pick up some crappy players? murray and co should check in with spiked and floflo? "hey, we can save the cap money, get a top prospect and then have money to get free agents. also our prospect pool will have had a year to develop without being rushed. we know that doesn't guarantee anything, but we believe that will the fastest way to have a relevant team. Are the message board warriors ok with our approach, or should we scrap our plan?"

literally every post follows the same snide remarks. that could be why the sabres section is dead
    factual correction. it worked in 98 and 99. 2000, they got bounced by the flyers in the first round. 2001 was the kasperitis wrister.

26. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (03-14-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nolan is as good as gone next year. Murray and Nolan do not mix. Nolan needs to be sent to pasture.....