X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: Screw Clay -- Sign C Stefen Wisniewski and TE Rob Housler for the Same Money

I don't think Eric Wood is good enough to not have competition at center, so I would love to bring in Wiz.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Re: Screw Clay -- Sign C Stefen Wisniewski and TE Rob Housler for the Same Money

We do tend to overrate Wood, but it is due to his performance relative to the rest of our OL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        There are reasons why he would come cheap.
        So the solution to our TE issue is to bring in a smaller and faster version of Scott Chandler who runs worse routes? By that logic I'd rather just keep Gray and Gragg and see what they can do in an offense better designed to utilize athletic TE's and H-Backs.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Who
          • Jul 2002

Wisniewski makes a lot of sense.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

I'd be OK with this.

Comment

• GvilleBills
              • Mar 2006

I'm on board
              Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                So the solution to our TE issue is to bring in a smaller and faster version of Scott Chandler who runs worse routes? By that logic I'd rather just keep Gray and Gragg and see what they can do in an offense better designed to utilize athletic TE's and H-Backs.
                Housler is a cheap solution but I would have no problem going with Gray and Gragg.

Improving the OL is the key.

Who said that this offense is better designed to utilize athletic TEs and H-Backs?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Who said that this offense is better designed to utilize athletic TEs and H-Backs?
                  Probably because of Vernon Davis and how he was utilized by Roman in San Francisco.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                    Probably because of Vernon Davis and how he was utilized by Roman in San Francisco.
                    Until last year.

A ground and pound game does not need to have those elements.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Housler is a cheap solution but I would have no problem going with Gray and Gragg.

Improving the OL is the key.

Roman's track record with guys like Vernon Davis, and Delanie Walker.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        Roman's track record with guys like Vernon Davis, and Delanie Walker.
                        Hmmm - this Roman chap comes on the scene and all of a sudden the BUF team is primed become an unstoppable force. Why did his former team not keep this wunderkind?
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

Bills are dumb. They should have already done this. Clay is not a world beater.
                          Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 03-17-2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Topas
                            German smartass
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                            Hmmm - this Roman chap comes on the scene and all of a sudden the BUF team is primed become an unstoppable force. Why did his former team not keep this wunderkind?
                            Well, I think there were many reasons included that have nothing to do with performance. The 49ers are falling apart. Now a 24y old LB retired. After Willis. Everybody seems to leave the sinking ship. I do think that Harbaugh is an idiot. But somehow everything falls apart without him. Maybe the owners wanted a yes man and did not ask Roman to become head coach. Maybe Roman did not want. maybe they did not want him because of his performance. But I would not bet on that latter one. And even if true, I dont really trust their judgement.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              Harbaugh guy, and I'm not saying he's an unstoppable force. Just seems odd that the solution to a TE problem is to get a guy whose plainly worse because he's able to run faster. We already have that.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                                Well, I think there were many reasons included that have nothing to do with performance. The 49ers are falling apart. Now a 24y old LB retired. After Willis. Everybody seems to leave the sinking ship. I do think that Harbaugh is an idiot. But somehow everything falls apart without him. Maybe the owners wanted a yes man and did not ask Roman to become head coach. Maybe Roman did not want. maybe they did not want him because of his performance. But I would not bet on that latter one. And even if true, I dont really trust their judgement.
                                Chris Borland retiring had little to nothing to do with the 49ers and what is going on behind the scenes there. You're going to see more players retire early in the next couple of decades until the NFL starts to actually give a **** about the real threat that concussion pose to their players long term.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X