• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Honest question for Spiked and Downinfloflo

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Not all of the players they dumped were garbage - many were good players who had expiring deals. (For the life of me,the Pominvill hate is amongst the dumbest thing in this forum. He wasn't a physical player, so Buffalo fans go nuts and act like he wasn't a hard worker and the same stupid blue collar bull **** that runs through this city, but I digress).

Regardless, the idea of dumping pending FA's is common It's what teams do.

Did the Sabres fall farther down than many teams? For sure. But the concept is the same, not how much people want to spin it
    maybe "garbage" is a bit harsh but Poms was supposed to be a leader here. A first liner who performed consistently. He wasn't even close to being up for the task.

You could argue that it's on management to recognize that and put him in a more suitable role, but they didn't. So, he either had to live up to the expectation or the team would lose. We know how that turned out....

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Because it was intentionally planned.
    Yes. It's called rebuilding.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Pominville is a second line winger who was paid and was played like a first liner. It's that failure to recognize those distinctions that made the complete tear down necessary.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        maybe "garbage" is a bit harsh but Poms was supposed to be a leader here. A first liner who performed consistently. He wasn't even close to being up for the task.

You could argue that it's on management to recognize that and put him in a more suitable role, but they didn't. So, he either had to live up to the expectation or the team would lose. We know how that turned out....

-
        So if you were put in the Octagon against GSP and lose, because UFC built you up as a viable contendor, it would be your fault?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

So if you were put in the Octagon against GSP and lose, because UFC built you up as a viable contendor, it would be your fault?
          No, but the fans who were rooting for me would be disappointed, and possibly pissed off depending on how much they actually cared about me (or if they had money on the fight).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
            You tell them.

Two losses in the Stanley Cup Finals in 45 years is not nothing.
            So, being in the Finals is the only prerequisite for "having a good season"? I didn't realize how many teams havn't had a good season in years, or ever.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Not all of the players they dumped were garbage - many were good players who had expiring deals. (For the life of me,the Pominvill hate is amongst the dumbest thing in this forum. He wasn't a physical player, so Buffalo fans go nuts and act like he wasn't a hard worker and the same stupid blue collar bull **** that runs through this city, but I digress).

Regardless, the idea of dumping pending FA's is common It's what teams do.

Did the Sabres fall farther down than many teams? For sure. But the concept is the same, not how much people want to spin it
              Hmm, I wonder who that Pomminville rant was directed at?

and just to be clear, sure I didn't like that he wasn't physical, but I was more upset with something that really had nothing to do with him. He was paid a very nice salary for a second line player. He is a good to very good player, but he would never be much more than a complimentary player and a very good penalty killer.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                Victimizing The Victimizer
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                How would I not know? I saw our last finals. The put of more of a fight than the Rangers did last year. You're telling me you enjoyed that slaughtering?
                They lost 4 games, 3 of the 4 went into overtime, 2 of the overtime games went into double overtime.

It was great, Do they have overtime for the lotto?

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

No, but I'm sure we'll be disappointed at the end, too.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                    Hmm, I wonder who that Pomminville rant was directed at?

and just to be clear, sure I didn't like that he wasn't physical, but I was more upset with something that really had nothing to do with him. He was paid a very nice salary for a second line player. He is a good to very good player, but he would never be much more than a complimentary player and a very good penalty killer.
                    It wasn't just you -it was in general

And yes he was overpaid. He's a damn solid player, very good at the PK and would be great on a second line, chipping in 25 goals and 35-40 assists.

But people act like he has the skills of Cody McCormick or Zac Dalpe sometimes and that's silly
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                    X