What does a digital platform mean for Bills in London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: What does a digital platform mean for Bills in London?

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
    Doesn't anyone who has Sunday ticket have the ability to get it digitally?

My god do people not know how to hook a laptop up to a TV?
    I can just stream through my smart tv so I'm not worried about it, but I just don't understand why they would make it unavailable on the Sunday Ticket when the whole point of the Sunday Ticket is that you have access to every game.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
      Quite a while ago, I told you all it was a real possibility that this would happen.
      You did and I didn't believe you, because I never thought the NFL would be so dumb. I overestimated them again.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
        Doesn't anyone who has Sunday ticket have the ability to get it digitally?

My god do people not know how to hook a laptop up to a TV?
        I have multiple ways to get the stream through my TV but:
        1. We are paying for every game, we should get every game.
        2. Streaming technology is imperfect and the reliability goes down with number of simultaneous users. I don't know what the demand for this game will be, but i am very concerned about technical issues with the stream that wouldn't be an issue if the game was just on Sunday Ticket.

It's bad enough that the team has to do the extra travel and that fans have to watch the game at 9:30 am. Now this? **** Roger Goodell.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          2. Streaming technology is imperfect and the reliability goes down with number of simultaneous users. I don't know what the demand for this game will be, but i am very concerned about technical issues with the stream that wouldn't be an issue if the game was just on Sunday Ticket.

It's bad enough that the team has to do the extra travel and that fans have to watch the game at 9:30 am. Now this? **** Roger Goodell.
          I'm assuming that's 9:30 AM east coast time. I'm going to have to watch the game at 7:30 AM and fans on the west coast will have to watch at 6:30 AM. I normally DVR every Bills game and will start watching about an hour after it starts so I can fast forward through the commercials and half time before getting caught up to the live action. I don't think I'll have that option if I have to stream. I have no problem with them streaming the game I just want it to be available through Sunday Ticket too.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            I'm assuming that's 9:30 AM east coast time. I'm going to have to watch the game at 7:30 AM and fans on the west coast will have to watch at 6:30 AM. I normally DVR every Bills game and will start watching about an hour after it starts so I can fast forward through the commercials and half time before getting caught up to the live action. I don't think I'll have that option if I have to stream. I have no problem with them streaming the game I just want it to be available through Sunday Ticket too.
            Well, I wanted this game to be on FREE OTA TV like the London 9:30 AM game was last year.

And last year was the first time CBS & FOX televised games from the other conference when the Bills would have been the logical choice to play on Thanksgiving if that didn't happen.

Bills fans screwed again.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              Oh yeah, I don't mind the idea of streaming as an alternative. I just don't like the Bills being the guinea pigs.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Streaming can be ok, I watched the entire NFL regular season that way last year. BUT, I have a very high speed connection and these were regular season games. Trying to watch streams of Sunday Night Football was much harder and the Super Bowl stream was a complete disaster.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                  Streaming can be ok, I watched the entire NFL regular season that way last year. BUT, I have a very high speed connection and these were regular season games. Trying to watch streams of Sunday Night Football was much harder and the Super Bowl stream was a complete disaster.
                  Well, if enough folks worldwide stream it and it makes web traffic crawl, I shall blame it on the net neutrality lunatics.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                    Well, if enough folks worldwide stream it and it makes web traffic crawl, I shall blame it on the net neutrality lunatics.
                    The better solution was to consolidate more power in the hands of cable and cellular companies, I agree. They've been such faithful stewards and honest dealers so far.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      Yes, because Comcast, which owns NBC, NBC Sports and numerous regional sports networks, would cleary do the right thing and devote more bandwidth so people can watch someone else's Internet programming that's in direct competition with their television sports programming.....
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                        The better solution was to consolidate more power in the hands of cable and cellular companies, I agree. They've been such faithful stewards and honest dealers so far.
                        Yes - terrible they are. No disagreement - I have T-W cable.

However, here is my view of net neutrality - via analogies:

There is a parking lot with 100 spaces. To get in, you put a dollar in the slot, a gate lifts, and in you go. A display is there, saying if the lot is full, or how many spaces are left. When you leave, the display decrements. Along comes one of those big stretch limos. Pops the dollar in. Then parks 90 deg., spanning nine parking slots. It took up 9 spaces but only paid for one. A car pulls up, display says too bad -all full. It's parking lot neutrality.

Or a restaurant. All meals cost the same. But along comes a fellow. Orders, then moans incessantly, demanding that this waiter wasn't good enough, gimme another one. Sends back the same meal others are happy with. Screams to have the cook leave the kitchen to attend to his complaints. demands to see the manager. Other patron's service deteriorates. Restaurant neutrality.

So the net neutrals have won - an internet to be controlled like a public utility by the government. Won't that be something?
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Oh yeah, I don't mind the idea of streaming as an alternative. I just don't like the Bills being the guinea pigs.
                          Streaming as an alternative would be great.

It is having streaming shoved down our throats with no alternative to streaming that I object to.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Yeah well, without net neutrality, Comcast could block the stream for the Bills/Jags game altogether, or throttle it back so slow that it would be unwatchable. People are cutting the cord and using streaming services as a replacement for over the air TV. For companies like Comcast and TW, that cuts into their main business. Since they also control the Internet, something has to stop them from blocking streaming video, especially since they have a monopoly over high speed Internet in many places
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

Yeah well, without net neutrality, Comcast could block the stream for the Bills/Jags game altogether, or throttle it back so slow that it would be unwatchable. People are cutting the cord and using streaming services as a replacement for over the air TV. For companies like Comcast and TW, that cuts into their main business. Since they also control the Internet, something has to stop them from blocking streaming video, especially since they have a monopoly over high speed Internet in many places
                              So you are saying Comcast could block all offered on Apple TV since they control the internet? Really?

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                                So you are saying Comcast could block all offered on Apple TV since they control the internet? Really?
                                Yes. All they'd have to do is find the IP addresses that it's originating from and they could either block it altogther or limit it so stuff coming from that IP can only use a certain percentage of the available bandwidth.

It would be hard to get absolutely everything because it comes from multiple sources, all of which probably use multiple IP's, but it can be done.

Obviously this would only affect Comcast customers, but the ISP has a lot of control over what's allowed on the Internet and how much bandwidth it uses.
                                Last edited by OpIv37; 03-24-2015, 01:04 PM.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X