Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting on 'Gate' resolutions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Still waiting on 'Gate' resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    They probably have a dozen other ways they are gaming the rules that people haven't discovered yet.
    Discovering their cheats is like turning on the lights and finding a cockroach. You only see one but know that there are 100 more hiding somewhere.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (04-01-2015),Buddo (04-26-2015),GvilleBills (04-01-2015),Strongman (04-24-2015),YardRat (04-01-2015)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DynaPaul View Post
    Discovering their cheats is like turning on the lights and finding a cockroach. You only see one but know that there are 100 more hiding somewhere.

lol
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,564 Times in 17,446 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hello? Buehler?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

5. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

With the draft coming up next week, this "investigation" has to be ending soon. If it isn't finished by then, then it's being covered up.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (04-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

With the draft coming up next week, this "investigation" has to be ending soon. If it isn't finished by then, then it's being covered up.
    And my guess is we hear nothing about the "investigation until AFTER the draft.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

thanks obama for declaring it was blown out of proportion. un freakin real
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

10. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kraft worked out a deal yesterday at the White House. If the Patriots are found guilty of any wrongdoing by the NFL, Obama will be issuing them a Presidential pardon.

12. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (04-27-2015),swiper (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah that article on ESPN only made me throw up like 3 seperate times. We don't even have the results of the invesigation and I believe the public was told it'd be 7-8 weeks and it's been 11. I can say with confidence this will be swept under the rug.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (04-29-2015),DynaPaul (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-suspended/

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that multiple league sources say a suspension, a draft pick forfeiture and a fine are all on the table as the NFL investigates whether team executives texted the coaching staff during games to suggest play calls. That would be a violation of league rules, which limit the types of electronic communications that players, coaches and other team officials can use during games.
    Hopefully they just give it back to the Bills.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Hopefully they just give it back to the Bills.
    That would have been nice.

"Textgate" has been resolved, without forfeiture of any draft picks. I think their GM just got suspended for 4 games or something.

17. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    meh, Goodell gets to have dinner with the Krafts again.
    Nom nom nom...does he still get the good stuff with all the artificial coloring?

Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

19. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Volin: NFL Intentionally Holding DeflateGate Report Until After Draft

BOSTON (CBS) — Roger Goodell said in an interview Tuesday on CBS that he expects Ted Wells’ DeflateGate report to be released “soon,” but he did not specify exactly when the world will know what went on with the inflation of footballs at the AFC Championship Game.
    The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin said Wednesday morning that he believes the report is completed and ready to go, but the league is waiting until after the NFL Draft to release the results.
    “Definitely. Absolutely. 100 percent,” Volin said when asked if the NFL is intentionally waiting until after the draft to release Wells’ report. “I think in waiting this long it’s made it less of a story. People stopped caring. It’s still big here in New England, obviously, and for the hardcore football fans. But for just your average fan, I don’t think DeflateGate is much of a story anymore. So I think they’ve done a good job of minimizing it.
    “And then, I thought of this yesterday — Bill Belichick is supposed to talk to the media this weekend after the draft, and then after that, we might not hear from him again until either mid-June at minicamp or maybe not even until training camp in August. So I think the NFL office is going to do the Patriots a favor, they’ll wait until after this weekend, so that we don’t have the opportunity to ask Belichick questions about it. And then when we do in August, he’ll say, ‘Well that’s old territory, we’re just trying to move on now.‘
    “So I think that the NFL office is definitely waiting on purpose, trying to minimize the damage of this thing, and then releasing it at a time when the media can’t go around and ask the owners and Bill Belichick a million different questions about it.”
    That theory got Rich Shertenlieb thinking that there must be some bit of damning information in the report — though it wouldn’t necessarily condemn the Patriots. Volin agreed.
    “It tells me that there’s going to be some damning information in there, but I’m not sure it’s going to be against the Patriots,” Volin said. “I think there’s going to be stuff in there that makes the NFL look bad. I mean, they supposedly had a rogue ball boy who’s stealing balls intended for charity and selling them off for profit. It’s going to make maybe the officials look bad for not always following the exact letter of the rule. And it might make the Colts look bad for who knows what their involvement was in this, and they went running straight to the media right after the game on that Sunday night, putting the NFL in a really bad spot. I think if the Colts didn’t do that, maybe this story gets handled a little more quietly and internally, but the Colts kind of blew the lid open on the whole thing.
    “So I think this report is just not going to make a lot of different entities look very good,” Volin continued. “And so I think they’ve been waiting [to release] it, they’re waiting until after the draft so that Bill Belichick’s not asked questions about what he thinks about how the league handled everything and the ball procedures and all of that sort of thing. I just think this report’s not going to make a lot of different entities look good, and they’re probably taking their time to shore up the different rules about the ball procedures and making sure that this kind of mistake doesn’t happen again.”
    Volin also discussed the upcoming draft, the NFL’s ruling on the Jets’ tampering with Darrelle Revis, and more.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/2...l-after-draft/

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's goes the idea of taking draft picks from the Pats.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I said from the jump on this after hearing reports from other QB's and ballboys that what happened here is very simple- the refs do not really check footballs other than the old squeeze test and probably not all of them for that. Tom Brady like his balls a little low so he turns in balls that are low and sees if the refs catch it, most times they don't. He knows this. Just like Aaron Rodgers likes a firmer feel and turns in his balls at 16. Why? Because he knows the refs give the balls the once over and that's it. Until the Colts tried to nail NE nobody, certainly not the refs, really gave a **** about air pressure in footballs.

They could've settled this thing in one day, hook Walt Coleman up to a lie detector. He won't admit that he didn't stick a needle in every ball. The idea that week after week NE let air out of footballs and never got caught and no one ever squealed about it when you're doing this in NFL stadiums is beyond ridiculous. The risks are off the charts and the rewards small. It didn't happen. Yet I would say most people on this site think it did happen. If the league had the goods on the Patriots it would have come out some time ago. I think they were very confident they would find something on them, that's why they kept embarrassing themselves by leaking stuff that turned out to be nothing. My guess is the league goes gutless on this and admits they have nothing but fines the Patriots anyway because they "had control of the balls and they were deflated, that's their responsibility". The league gets to save face, the conspiracy theorists and NE haters have a field day, the Patriots can blame the weather win win win. But you can bet the league knows what really happened. And from now on footballs will be right on the number going forward BECAUSE THEY WILL BE CHECKED.

23. Post thanked by:

upstart (04-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I said from the jump on this after hearing reports from other QB's and ballboys that what happened here is very simple- the refs do not really check footballs other than the old squeeze test and probably not all of them for that. Tom Brady like his balls a little low so he turns in balls that are low and sees if the refs catch it, most times they don't. He knows this. Just like Aaron Rodgers likes a firmer feel and turns in his balls at 16. Why? Because he knows the refs give the balls the once over and that's it. Until the Colts tried to nail NE nobody, certainly not the refs, really gave a **** about air pressure in footballs.

They could've settled this thing in one day, hook Walt Coleman up to a lie detector. He won't admit that he didn't stick a needle in every ball. The idea that week after week NE let air out of footballs and never got caught and no one ever squealed about it when you're doing this in NFL stadiums is beyond ridiculous. The risks are off the charts and the rewards small. It didn't happen. Yet I would say most people on this site think it did happen. If the league had the goods on the Patriots it would have come out some time ago. I think they were very confident they would find something on them, that's why they kept embarrassing themselves by leaking stuff that turned out to be nothing. My guess is the league goes gutless on this and admits they have nothing but fines the Patriots anyway because they "had control of the balls and they were deflated, that's their responsibility". The league gets to save face, the conspiracy theorists and NE haters have a field day, the Patriots can blame the weather win win win. But you can bet the league knows what really happened. And from now on footballs will be right on the number going forward BECAUSE THEY WILL BE CHECKED.
    Pretty much. I do think the Belicheat and Cry-Brady know a little more than they claimed at their press conferences simply because Belicheat claims the officials were told to pump them up to 12.5 psi. I tend to think they purposely submit game balls on the lower PSI side and hope they get through the inspection process.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

my whole thing is just cut the bs, and just line up and play. its such bs

26. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They probably have a dozen other ways they are gaming the rules that people haven't discovered yet.
    Well, I guess its up to other teams to figure and discover what the rules allow and play it to the edge. It's called coaching and being a PRO team.

I'm sorry the Bills have had morons coaching the team the last 15 years.
    The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    Well, I guess its up to other teams to figure and discover what the rules allow and play it to the edge. It's called coaching and being a PRO team.

I'm sorry the Bills have had morons coaching the team the last 15 years.
    NO, it is called CHEATING & the Pats* are very good at it, having so much experience doing that.

29. Post thanked by:

Strongman (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

the eligible/ineligible trick was coaching. bravo

the deflating and filming of signals was cheating. dirty rotten filthy douchebag cheating

everything they ever accomplished will always be tainted
    Last edited by Meathead; 04-30-2015 at 04:22 PM.

31. Post thanked by:

BillsFanInNM (04-30-2015),Strongman (04-30-2015),swiper (04-30-2015),YardRat (04-30-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Pretty much. I do think the Belicheat and Cry-Brady know a little more than they claimed at their press conferences simply because Belicheat claims the officials were told to pump them up to 12.5 psi. I tend to think they purposely submit game balls on the lower PSI side and hope they get through the inspection process.
    the balls are checked with an instrument pregame. then given back to the team. its impossible they could pass the instrument inspection then magically all deflate two pounds just for that one team. unless the steamroom etc trick is used, which is still possible. if not, somebody intentionally let air out of those balls

they were caught red handed with everything except actual evidence. brilliant cheating is still cheating. it will be utterly indefensible, yet most likely to happen, if they are not severely punished

33. Post thanked by:

Strongman (04-30-2015),swiper (04-30-2015)