• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: March Madness: #8 Lee Evans vs #9 Jonas Jennings

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    How did Jonas Jennings even qualify and why are people voting for him?
    How did Lee Evans even qualify? One trick pony.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      How did Lee Evans even qualify? One trick pony.
      6,000+ yards and 43 TD's isn't bad for a WR that never got to play with a real NFL qb.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        6,000+ yards and 43 TD's isn't bad for a WR that never got to play with a real NFL qb.
        I always thought in his first 5-6 years how big his stats would have been with a real QB. He was very good then.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Re: March Madness: #6 Tedd Washington vs #11 Stew Barber

I worked with his daughter in 1986.

Insanely hot.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Re: March Madness: #6 Tedd Washington vs #11 Stew Barber

Had to go with Washington though he had one less "d" in his first name than credited. Was a really good NT, where I thought Barber was a capable tackle if having a hot daughter.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

March Madness: #2 Bruce Smith vs #13 Frank Reich (POLL CLOSED)

#Bills March Madness Day 8: Poll 1 (1 of 4 Today): #2 Bruce Smith vs #13 Frank Reich
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

March Madness: #5 Cookie Gilchrist vs #12 Billy Joe (POLL CLOSED)

#Bills March Madness Day 8: Poll 2 (2 of 4 Today): #5 Cookie Gilchrist vs #12 Billy Joe
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

March Madness: #2 Ralph Wilson vs #15 Mike Stratton (POLL CLOSED)

#Bills March Madness Day 8: Poll 3 (3 of 4 Today): #2 Ralph Wilson vs #15 Mike Stratton
                  It was all

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

March Madness: #6 Fred Smerlas vs #11 George Saimes (POLL CLOSED)

#Bills March Madness Day 8: Poll 4 (4 of 4 Today): #6 Fred Smerlas vs #11 George Saimes
                    It was all

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Re: March Madness: #6 Fred Smerlas vs #11 George Saimes

" Offsides, 76..5 yard penalty. Automatic first down " . Fred bit EVERY time on any move or cadence. He was good but dumber than a bag of hammers.

Saimes was far better. A former All-American FB at Michigan St. , he converted to Safety and become one of the most feared hitters in the league. Selected to the All-Time AFL team.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Re: March Madness: #6 Fred Smerlas vs #11 George Saimes

I went Smerlas, he was a beast, despite being dumber than a bag of hammers as a traditional monster of an NT.

Saimes won't get a lot of love for most that won't remember him (if most don't even remember Smerlas now), though I remember hearing plenty about him.

In the end I went Smerlas for his slightly longer, meaner, dumber more vicious career in the trenches.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Re: March Madness: #5 Cookie Gilchrist vs #12 Billy Joe

Joe has no hope here from his one year with the Bills against the legend of Cookie, who I voted for because he's the legend of Cookie and earned it.

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

Re: March Madness: #2 Bruce Smith vs #13 Frank Reich

Got to be The Bruce.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Re: March Madness: #2 Ralph Wilson vs #15 Mike Stratton

Unfair that Stratton had to run into Ralph this round though it would have been more unfair if Stratton ran into Ralph.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                                Dances With Buffaloes
                                • Sep 2002

Re: March Madness: #2 Bruce Smith vs #13 Frank Reich

how is Bruce not the no.1 seed?

he might just be the greatest DE all time, other then OJ i don't think you can make the same argument about any other former bill.
                                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X