Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Martin released….

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jonathan Martin released….

Bully victim Jonathan Martin has been released by the 49ers. Dare I say…. No. I. can't.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jonathan Martin released….

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Bully victim Jonathan Martin has been released by the 49ers. Dare I say…. No. I. can't.

ROFL. Sure. Go ahead.

And keep an eye on Ritchie's Twitter while yer at it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Roman knows him from their days at Stanford and San Francisco but I wouldn't touch him. I say this as someone who was screaming for us to draft him instead of Glenn three years ago. I can say I'm glad I was wrong as to me Martin hasn't shown he's a starting caliber player in the league, would I want him for depth? Not with Ritchie here as to me Ritchie > Martin.

4. Post thanked by:

better days (03-26-2015)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

what a fun locker room that would be.

Percy Harvin
    Incognito
    Martin

and sexy rexy. More fun than I can imagine
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

6. Post thanked by:

coastal (03-28-2015),The last buffalo fan (03-26-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

C'mon. Somebody needs to say it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,943 Times in 3,495 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He just needs motivation, you know someone to send him a text now and then to get him going. If only we had someone like that on our team I'd say bring him in

9. Post thanked by:

better days (03-26-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

is he any good?

would actually be a great story if they could reconcile on the same team. but of course he would have to be good, and i dont see how that could be if the niners are willing to release him so early
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bring him in. Johnny and Richard can make up.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    is he any good?
    He started off as pitful, progressed to awful and ended up looking less than a serviceable backup.

So he might compete for a starting job here.

13. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (03-26-2015),Dr. Lecter (03-27-2015),DraftBoy (03-28-2015),Meathead (03-26-2015),Topas (03-26-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if you read all the stuff they released after the incident its pretty obvious most of the issue was with martin himself

i feel bad for the guy bc hes obviously got some pretty serious problems with depression that has existed for a long time, which is bad for anybody. but i dont think what happened to him is any different than what would have happened to any overly sensitive person in the nfl. they will eat you alive, thats just the way it is

richie is a harsh ass dude, thats for sure, but he definitely does not appear to be racist. certainly not any more than the average nfl-er, which of course includes blacks who are WAY more racist on average right now than whites. richie is a hard ass to everybody, and the nfl is a harsh ass place full of harsh ass ppl. its like the last place you probably should be if you have the kind of issues that martin does

really the only reason incognito got blackballed was bc he was perceived as racist. the only thing i ever saw in all of the material that i thought was inappropriate was what appeared to be unwanted race jokes to the japanese trainer. doing that in a purely social setting is one thing, but doing it in a professional setting is quite another. ppl deserve to be comfortable when they are at work, its good for the organization. even if you think they are overtly sensitive thats not the place to challenge that, you should respect their preferences and try to keep those kinds of distractions out of it. it doesnt look like richie and the others involved in insulting the trainer did that (notice how NOBODY mentions the black guy involved in using japanese epithets). in a place like this message board, screw ppls irrational insensitivities, but if its at work or church or something like that then you have to tread a lot more lightly

'but mh they were at work, why doesnt that apply to martin?' bc they were all doing it, all sides were using racial and homophobic epithets. its part of the environment. if youre going to take on that culture you take on the whole thing, not just one harsh douchebag and blame him for it all

but of course we as a culture only observe it when its white on black. pretty fkd up but thats the way it is right now

15. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (03-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The entire bullying issue started with Richie trying to light a fire under Martins ass to get him to play better.

I say pass on Martin. No amount of bullying will get him to play even decent football.

Martin can join Michael Sam in the CFL. Maybe they can be room mates together.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Martin sucks. Don't even think about it.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not with a 50 foot pole

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't even care about the bullying issue or having Incog on the team, Martin just isn't that good. He's had his chances, look elsewhere.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've always thought it fortuitous that this chap was never traded to the Packers...

http://www.nfl.com/player/jamaalfudge/2506813/profile
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

22. Post thanked by:

better days (03-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,079 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

is he any good?

would actually be a great story if they could reconcile on the same team. but of course he would have to be good, and i dont see how that could be if the niners are willing to release him so early
    Nope

if you read all the stuff they released after the incident its pretty obvious most of the issue was with martin himself

i feel bad for the guy bc hes obviously got some pretty serious problems with depression that has existed for a long time, which is bad for anybody. but i dont think what happened to him is any different than what would have happened to any overly sensitive person in the nfl. they will eat you alive, thats just the way it is

richie is a harsh ass dude, thats for sure, but he definitely does not appear to be racist. certainly not any more than the average nfl-er, which of course includes blacks who are WAY more racist on average right now than whites. richie is a hard ass to everybody, and the nfl is a harsh ass place full of harsh ass ppl. its like the last place you probably should be if you have the kind of issues that martin does

really the only reason incognito got blackballed was bc he was perceived as racist. the only thing i ever saw in all of the material that i thought was inappropriate was what appeared to be unwanted race jokes to the japanese trainer. doing that in a purely social setting is one thing, but doing it in a professional setting is quite another. ppl deserve to be comfortable when they are at work, its good for the organization. even if you think they are overtly sensitive thats not the place to challenge that, you should respect their preferences and try to keep those kinds of distractions out of it. it doesnt look like richie and the others involved in insulting the trainer did that (notice how NOBODY mentions the black guy involved in using japanese epithets). in a place like this message board, screw ppls irrational insensitivities, but if its at work or church or something like that then you have to tread a lot more lightly

'but mh they were at work, why doesnt that apply to martin?' bc they were all doing it, all sides were using racial and homophobic epithets. its part of the environment. if youre going to take on that culture you take on the whole thing, not just one harsh douchebag and blame him for it all

but of course we as a culture only observe it when its white on black. pretty fkd up but thats the way it is right now
    Incognito talked about "N*gger hunting". Much like yourself, Incognito is a racist.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    Nope

Incognito talked about "N*gger hunting". Much like yourself, Incognito is a racist.
    Balderdash

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Gerald McCoy is licking his chops.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He gets to be a turnstile for sCam Newton now.