Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Season Tickets Sales Around 53,000 and Climbing

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Season Tickets Sales Around 53,000 and Climbing

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    none of those moves or none moves would make us better on paper. Imagine replacing Spiller with an unproven rookie. Are you nuts?

OP whined about not replacing Poz and Jeff Posey, imagine what he would say if we lost Hughes?
    Imagine what he would have said if the bills didn't at least try to sign Bulaga? "we're not even trying to get better"
    We had a TE that could block, but Lee Smith was considered to be a bum here.

I agree on Harvin being a gadget guy but having a gadget still makes us better than not having one.
    FYI Not replacing Poz or Posey was a mistake. As mediocre as those guys were, it took us 2-3 years to recover at LB. You don't seem to realize that cutting dead weight is only half of the solution. The other half is signing someone equal or better (in both those cases, we needed better) and the FO failed both times.

Junior Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Objectively the team still has major flaws. We put fancy rims, a new paint job and a loud stereo on a Geo Metro, but at the end of the day it's still running on 3 cylinders trying to keep up with NE's V8.
    It's hard to argue with this.

I would have given up Hughes, Kiko, Clay, and all of our draft picks this year for Rivers. If you believe Whaley, most of the draft picks won't make the team anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    FYI Not replacing Poz or Posey was a mistake. As mediocre as those guys were, it took us 2-3 years to recover at LB. You don't seem to realize that cutting dead weight is only half of the solution. The other half is signing someone equal or better (in both those cases, we needed better) and the FO failed both times.
    If I recall correctly, and I may not be, I believe we offered Poz a good deal, but he took off anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,313 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by 01001100 View Post
    It's hard to argue with this.

I would have given up Hughes, Kiko, Clay, and all of our draft picks this year for Rivers. If you believe Whaley, most of the draft picks won't make the team anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

If I recall correctly, and I may not be, I believe we offered Poz a good deal, but he took off anyway.
    You are correct. The FO wanted to keep him but he didn't want to play in Pettine's 3-4 so he walked.

Justa and I went back and forth on this a lot because I always thought Poz was overrated and didn't want him back. But the FO wanted him and failed to keep him.