• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Season Tickets Sales Around 53,000 and Climbing

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
    It doesn't but saying that trying to make such a move to upgrade is just for selling tickets is assanine.
    well I can't think of any other reason to spend so big on an RB with no OL to block for him and no QB to keep defenses honest. He's not going to be very effective. But he's a big name who has put up gaudy numbers in the past, so it is going to sell tickets.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      well I can't think of any other reason to spend so big on an RB with no OL to block for him and no QB to keep defenses honest. He's not going to be very effective. But he's a big name who has put up gaudy numbers in the past, so it is going to sell tickets.
      We will see how he does, but there is no doubt that rb drafting and trading is a technique to pump up the gate. In BUF...Henry begat McGahee who begat Lynch who begat Spiller who begat McCoy. It's like reading passages from the Old Testament...
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Can you actually explain what you mean by 'He's not going to be very effective.' Maybe you can put a number on it...any number...yards, touchdowns, catches, etc. What do you consider to be 'not very effective.'

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I can think os a reason. It's called UPGGADING THE POSITION WITH A PROVEN PLAYER. IF your OL has issues ALL THE MORE the team is better with a proven player than one who isn't.

so anytime the bills upgrade a position with a PROVEN player , it's selling tickets? that's just stupid and if you can't see it, nothing I can do.

Was keeping Hughes instead of letting him go a ticket seller as well?
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-31-2015, 11:27 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            Can you actually explain what you mean by 'He's not going to be very effective.' Maybe you can put a number on it...any number...yards, touchdowns, catches, etc. What do you consider to be 'not very effective.'
            Not as effective as he was in Philly and not effective enough to justify what we paid for him.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              so anytime the bills upgrade a position with a PROVEN player , it's selling tickets? that's just stupid and if you can't see it, nothing I can do.

Was keeping Hughes instead of letting him go a ticket seller as well?
              That one's a bit less obvious. I don't think that move sold any additional season tickets, but letting quality players walk in the past has caused existing season ticket holders to not renew.

And I never said that upgrading with a proven player means they are trying to sell tickets. You constantly fail to account for the specific situation. They took a position where we were average and made it good, while not improving other positions that were already bad. And the position that they upgraded is flashy and dependent on the position that they didn't upgrade.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Not as effective as he was in Philly and not effective enough to justify what we paid for him.
                So...under 1600 yards from scrimmage and 10 total touchdowns? (His average during his last 5 years in Philly)

Really going out on a limb there, huh? You sound super confident.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

So...under 1600 yards from scrimmage and 10 total touchdowns? (His average during his last 5 years in Philly)

Really going out on a limb there, huh? You sound super confident.
                  I don't have time to look up his stats and look up our rushing stats from last year. But I would suspect that he would be slightly better than what we did last year, which means signifcantly worse than what he did last year. And I think we would be able to get similar production out of a cheaper RB so we'd srill have Kiko and more cap space.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

I don't have time to look up his stats and look up our rushing stats from last year. But I would suspect that he would be slightly better than what we did last year, which means signifcantly worse than what he did last year. And I think we would be able to get similar production out of a cheaper RB so we'd srill have Kiko and more cap space.
                    The Bills rushed for 1482 yards and 7 touchdowns last year.

LeSean ran for 1319 yards and 5 touchdowns.

I still don't see what you mean. LeSean could run for more than the Bills had last year, yet still not help us win football games? How would that work?

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

No. I don't think our OL can open holes for him. And i know opposing D's do not fear our QB and will have no problem putting 8 or 9 in the box. McCoy's good. He's not Bo Jackson in Tecmo Super Bowl. As usual, this team is putting guys in a position to fail.
                      If teams are putting 8 or 9 guys in the box to stop McCoy, that means Watkins & Harvin are OPEN.

Even EJ or Cassel can get the ball to a wide open Watkins or Harvin.

And both Felton & Clay will help open holes for McCoy.

So what you are saying is McCoy will help the Bills WIN.
                      Last edited by better days; 03-31-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        If teams are putting 8 or 9 guys in the box to stop McCoy, that means Watkins & Harvin are OPEN.

As much as I want to believe you, that is still yet to be determined.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

The Bills rushed for 1482 yards and 7 touchdowns last year.

LeSean ran for 1319 yards and 5 touchdowns.

I still don't see what you mean. LeSean could run for more than the Bills had last year, yet still not help us win football games? How would that work?
                          Obviously you can't compare one RB to an entire team. Look at ypc and yards per game.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

And both Felton & Clay will help open holes for McCoy.

So what you are saying is McCoy will help the Bills WIN.
                            No, Cassel or EJ won't be able to get them the ball because a ) they both suck and b) they will be flat on their backs because our OL sucks.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

As much as I want to believe you, that is still yet to be determined.
                              What is to be determined?

There are only 11 players on Defense.

If 8 of them are in the box, that leaves only 3 players to cover Watkins, Harvin & Clay.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

No, Cassel or EJ won't be able to get them the ball because a ) they both suck and b) they will be flat on their backs because our OL sucks.
                                BS.

a) Even Orton was not on his back every play last year & Orton SUCKS. & despite what you say, the OL will be BETTER this year than last year.

b) BOTH Felton & Clay are good blockers which will help keep the QB upright.

Comment

Working...
                                X