• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Season Tickets Sales Around 53,000 and Climbing

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Obviously you can't compare one RB to an entire team. Look at ypc and yards per game.
    Why don't you just tell me how many friggin yards/tds you think LeSean will get?

I could go back and forth with you all day about who ran for what and compare it with LeSean but it's just ridiculous. Last year we had a running back by committee with 3 backs.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
      What is to be determined?

There are only 11 players on Defense.

If 8 of them are in the box, that leaves only 3 players to cover Watkins, Harvin & Clay.
      Just an example, but if you start in the box, it doesn't mean you can't still drop into coverage..

Until it happens, I'm not going to believe it.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        Just an example, but if you start in the box, it doesn't mean you can't still drop into coverage..

Until it happens, I'm not going to believe it.
        So, who can start in the box & catch up to Watkins & Harvin when they are down the field?

I think you underestimate the SPEED on the Bills.

ANY DB in the NFL would have a hard time trying to keep up with those two if he was already a step ahead of them.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

So, who can start in the box & catch up to Watkins & Harvin when they are down the field?

ANY DB in the NFL would have a hard time trying to keep up with those two if he was already a step ahead of them.
          Hope you're right.

I think you overestimate EJ (I don't know much about Cassel/Tie rod) and the Bills pass protection, and Harvin/Watkins for that matter.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Hope you're right.

I think you overestimate EJ (I don't know much about Cassel/Tie rod) and the Bills pass protection, and Harvin/Watkins for that matter.
            I am not overestimating EJ or Cassel or Tyrod.

The QB may not hit on every throw to Watkins or Harvin, but it only takes one completed pass to either of them to score a TD.

And as I said before, Felton & Clay were brought in to provide additional blocking.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

What is the name of the BUF qb will be afforded the time to get the ball with accuracy to those streaking wrs? As mentioned above, those 8 in the box don't just look to stop a runner.

Many a team has tried the fast wr scheme - spotty results, I think. Years ago, Lee Evans was going to be leading us to the Promised Land...
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                What is the name of the BUF qb will be afforded the time to get the ball with accuracy to those streaking wrs? As mentioned above, those 8 in the box don't just look to stop a runner.

Many a team has tried the fast wr scheme - spotty results, I think. Years ago, Lee Evans was going to be leading us to the Promised Land...
                Like I said, Felton & Clay were brought in to provide the time for the QB to get rid of the ball & Clay is an EXCELLENT safety valve as well.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

The QB may not hit on every throw to Watkins or Harvin, but it only takes one completed pass to either of them to score a TD.
                  One completed pass to score a TD, one incomplete pass to stall a drive.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

One completed pass to score a TD, one incomplete pass to stall a drive.
                    True, but even Brady & Manning in their prime had drives stalled.

You don't need to score a TD on every drive to win, especially with a defense like the Bills have.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

True, but even Brady & Manning in their prime had drives stalled.

You don't need to score a TD on every drive to win, especially with a defense like the Bills have.
                      Absolutely.

After these last 15 years, cautious optimism is about as good as it gets for me with any offseason moves.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        These are the moves Op would rather make than wins ball games....

He would rather stick with CJ Spiller than upgrade with McCoy.
                        He would rather let Hughes walk away rather than pay him. Waste of money.
                        He would rather stick with EJ and Tuel rather than bring in Cassel.
                        It was stupid of the bills to offer Bulaga more money than Greenbay did.
                        He would rather stick with Lee Smith and Chandler than go with Clay.
                        Why bring in a problem child like Incognito , Harvin when you can find a few Kelsay's around the league?

In other words, OP would rather keep doing the same things we've done the last 20 years than take chances.
                        I would have rather....

Taken a RB in the draft to replace Spiller.
                        I'm glad they re-signed Hughes, but it wasn't as much of a necessity under Rex as it would have been under Schwartz. Kind of another luxury signing in all honesty.
                        Cassel was about the best we could hope for, and I'm OK bringing in Taylor pretty cheap.
                        The Bills offered money to Bulaga because they obviously see a need for an upgrade. Limiting their options to two guys was the stupid part.
                        We still need a TE that can block.
                        Incognito is a risk worth taking, Harvin got a lot of money for a gadget guy.

I certainly don't mind them spending money, but just like the last 20 years they could have spent the money more wisely.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Ticket sales are still climbing. I hear they are still very busy, as of yesterday.

Can't wait. This is going to be the most interesting season in years.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            I would have rather....

Taken a RB in the draft to replace Spiller.
                            I'm glad they re-signed Hughes, but it wasn't as much of a necessity under Rex as it would have been under Schwartz. Kind of another luxury signing in all honesty.
                            Cassel was about the best we could hope for, and I'm OK bringing in Taylor pretty cheap.
                            The Bills offered money to Bulaga because they obviously see a need for an upgrade. Limiting their options to two guys was the stupid part.
                            We still need a TE that can block.
                            Incognito is a risk worth taking, Harvin got a lot of money for a gadget guy.

I certainly don't mind them spending money, but just like the last 20 years they could have spent the money more wisely.
                            By making a trade for McCoy, the Bills don't have to use a draft pick on a RB.

That draft pick can now be used on a QB or OL or another TE

The two guys the Bills tried to get for the OL were the only two worth trying to get.

Harvin is the dynamic playmaker we were told Spiller would be when he was drafted.

I would rather the Bills spent that money on Harvin than Spiller myself.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

By making a trade for McCoy, the Bills don't have to use a draft pick on a RB.

Draft picks can now be used on OL.

The two guys the Bills tried to get for the OL were the only two worth trying to get.

Harvin is the dynamic playmaker we were told Spiller would be when he was drafted.

I would rather the Bills spent that money on Harvin than Spiller myself.
                              Corrected.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                                Corrected.
                                I just read on profootballtalk.com that Whaley is hinting the Bills could draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rnd.

Comment

Working...
                                X