Are The 2015 Buffalo Bills Going To The Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Are The 2015 Buffalo Bills Going To The Playoffs?

Is there anything more useless than the "strength of schedule"? What any team did last year is meaningless come Sept.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Is there anything more useless than the "strength of schedule"? What any team did last year is meaningless come Sept.
      Nah it doesn't matter.

Btw- the league called and they want to change the schedule around, so instead of playing Jacksonville in London, we are going to play the Seahawks in Seattle. You're cool with that, right? After all, strength of schedule doesn't matter in April.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        Yeah it doesn't matter.

Even though the same teams consistently make the playoffs. New England, Denver, Indy all will be just as good this year as they were last year as they were the year before that. And the same bottom feeders are the same bottom feeders. Jacksonville is gonna suck this year, just like they did last year and as they did the year before that.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          Every game "could go either way" when you are dead in the middle of the pack like we were last year. For god's sake this team shut down Aaron Rodgers and then lost to David Carr in consecutive weeks. But that doesn't change that, as of now, we drew a very weak slate of opponents and have far and away our toughest games at home. HFA is not overwhelming, but it's still a thing, and considering the season ticket sales we've been seeing it should be getting stronger this year.

Compare that to some of the teams we'll likely be fighting for the wild card, not only in who we're playing but how comparatively little we have to travel to get there. For example: The AFC North draws the NFC West AND the AFC West this year meaning that not only are they playing some of the toughest teams, but they are making a ****load of cross-country flights. Each of those teams has to make at least four trips to Pacific or Mountain time.

Let me phrase it another way, looking at the 2015 opponents (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...015-nfl-season), which of those AFC lineups would you trade with?
          Yeah the lack of travel for the Bills certainly is a plus, it's one of the things that stood out to me also (other than London, obviously). But, the biggest point is bolded...unless somebody believes the team has progressed above the middle of the pack, there is no validity to the contention that we drew a 'weak schedule of opponents'...many of them are in the same boat as us, certainly not weaker.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

As far as the question, Illumy, I would trade schedules with any of the teams in the AFC South, I'd much rather be looking at the NFC South on the schedule than the NFC East.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Yeah the lack of travel for the Bills certainly is a plus, it's one of the things that stood out to me also (other than London, obviously). But, the biggest point is bolded...unless somebody believes the team has progressed above the middle of the pack,
              I do, in the short term. While I think that McCoy is likely to fade off quickly, I don't that happens this year. Similarly, we did improve several other elements of our team in the short term. My problem with this offseason is that these are potentially hindering our future, but for 2015 I think we can see a marked improvement.

there is no validity to the contention that we drew a 'weak schedule of opponents'...many of them are in the same boat as us, certainly not weaker.
              I disagree (see above).

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              As far as the question, Illumy, I would trade schedules with any of the teams in the AFC South, I'd much rather be looking at the NFC South on the schedule than the NFC East.
              Why? To me the NFC South (aside from Tampa Bay) looks like a division where the teams all went through crap seasons at the same time. That's still the same division that produced 11, 12, and 13 win teams in the two prior years. I personally think the NFC South is primed for a rebound much moreso than the AFC South.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I wasn't comparing the NFC South (who the AFCS plays)to the AFC South, I was comparing them to the NFC East (who Buffalo plays). To me, the East is stronger by far, and playing the NFCS would = a weaker schedule.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  QB - worse

End of discussion.
                  Yes. Cleveland's qb situation is worse. I agree.
                  Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 04-01-2015, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Not a chance. There is almost no playoff experience on this roster. And we aren't going to take the div so we'd have to win 3 games on the road just to get there.
                    Shuuuuut up

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                      Shuuuuut up
                      Intelligent, well-reasoned response, as usual.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

11-5 and a wildcard. My thought is that they have a 2 year exemption from apparent weaknesses thriving purely on Ryan's motivation with decent smallball and creative defense.

If they use those two years to address apparent weaknesses we're back in business. If they slop around and go Sabres dubious long view because everyone is cozy with the temporary magic, it's back to painful middling for another 3 after.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          11-5 and a wildcard. My thought is that they have a 2 year exemption from apparent weaknesses thriving purely on Ryan's motivation with decent smallball and creative defense.

If they use those two years to address apparent weaknesses we're back in business. If they slop around and go Sabres dubious long view because everyone is cozy with the temporary magic, it's back to painful middling for another 3 after.
                          How are they going to address weaknesses when they already killed the cap?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Well, artfully using the draft for better or worse. FA is band aid in most cases. They'd better thrive in the draft on training previous picks.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

The cap is not killed, it just needs to be managed.

Look for restructures/extensions of Darius & Mario which will tie them to Buffalo & help the cap number.

Comment

• jills
                                • Oct 2009

No QB, no OL. Hence, no playoffs.
                                This.

Same problem different year.

Comment

Working...
                                X