Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are The 2015 Buffalo Bills Going To The Playoffs?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Are The 2015 Buffalo Bills Going To The Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I think we're going to the SB...and I think we're going to win it.
    Not a chance. There is almost no playoff experience on this roster. And we aren't going to take the div so we'd have to win 3 games on the road just to get there.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    No QB, no OL. Hence, no playoffs.
    Here is a FACT for you OpIv, EVERY year, 5 teams make the playoffs that did not make the playoffs the year before.

NFL.com has the Bills as the #2 team expected to make the playoffs that did not make it the year before.

OpIv, can you name 5 teams that did not make the playoffs last year that are unquestionably BETTER than the Bills?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Here is a FACT for you OpIv, EVERY year, 5 teams make the playoffs that did not make the playoffs the year before.

NFL.com has the Bills as the #2 team expected to make the playoffs that did not make it the year before.

OpIv, can you name 5 teams that did not make the playoffs last year that are unquestionably BETTER than the Bills?
    That's a fact? Prove it.

But we aren't competing for playoff spots with all 32 teams- only with the 16 in the AFC. If 3 or 4 of those 5 are from the NFC, Thant means only one or two teams that didn't make the playoffs this past year would need to be better than the Bills to keep us out of the AFC playoffs.

Additionally, teams don't necessarily have to be better to keep us out of the playoffs. Carolina made it at 7-8-1. Does anyone think they were better than 10-6 Philly or even the 9-7 Bills?

So, your question is fundamentally flawed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,875 Times in 911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We were damn close last year. All we needed to do was beat the Raiders.
    Actually - it turned out that wouldn't have mattered. We still would have lost the tie-breaker.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

5. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,875 Times in 911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think you understand what a "fact" is. Yes, it has occurred a lot recently that a bunch of teams make the playoffs that didn't before. There's nothing that *requires* that to be the case. It's rather stupid to base your argument on that assumption.

7. Post thanked by:

jills (04-01-2015),OpIv37 (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's a fact? Prove it.

But we aren't competing for playoff spots with all 32 teams- only with the 16 in the AFC. If 3 or 4 of those 5 are from the NFC, Thant means only one or two teams that didn't make the playoffs this past year would need to be better than the Bills to keep us out of the AFC playoffs.

Additionally, teams don't necessarily have to be better to keep us out of the playoffs. Carolina made it at 7-8-1. Does anyone think they were better than 10-6 Philly or even the 9-7 Bills?

So, your question is fundamentally flawed.
    There is no division in the AFC that a team will win with less than a .500 record

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch View Post
    I don't think you understand what a "fact" is. Yes, it has occurred a lot recently that a bunch of teams make the playoffs that didn't before. There's nothing that *requires* that to be the case. It's rather stupid to base your argument on that assumption.
    Nothing requires it, but since 1990, at least 4 non playoff teams have made the playoffs every year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There is no division in the AFC that a team will win with less than a .500 record
    Yeah but they might win one with 9 or 10 wins and we have 10 or 11 and miss out on tiebreakers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah but they might win one with 9 or 10 wins and we have 10 or 11 and miss out on tiebreakers.
    True, that could happen.

But I like the Bills chances this year to finally become relevant & make the playoffs.

So we don't have Brady or Manning, We have a defense that can win games for us.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think they will - they were touted for their "D" last season, the touting continues. They will become a "chic" pick. They have a new owner who is pouring out tons of guaranteed $. The breaks will be made for them.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 04-01-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Is there anything more useless than the "strength of schedule"? What any team did last year is meaningless come Sept.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Is there anything more useless than the "strength of schedule"? What any team did last year is meaningless come Sept.
    Nah it doesn't matter.

Btw- the league called and they want to change the schedule around, so instead of playing Jacksonville in London, we are going to play the Seahawks in Seattle. You're cool with that, right? After all, strength of schedule doesn't matter in April.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Yeah it doesn't matter.

Even though the same teams consistently make the playoffs. New England, Denver, Indy all will be just as good this year as they were last year as they were the year before that. And the same bottom feeders are the same bottom feeders. Jacksonville is gonna suck this year, just like they did last year and as they did the year before that.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Every game "could go either way" when you are dead in the middle of the pack like we were last year. For god's sake this team shut down Aaron Rodgers and then lost to David Carr in consecutive weeks. But that doesn't change that, as of now, we drew a very weak slate of opponents and have far and away our toughest games at home. HFA is not overwhelming, but it's still a thing, and considering the season ticket sales we've been seeing it should be getting stronger this year.

Compare that to some of the teams we'll likely be fighting for the wild card, not only in who we're playing but how comparatively little we have to travel to get there. For example: The AFC North draws the NFC West AND the AFC West this year meaning that not only are they playing some of the toughest teams, but they are making a ****load of cross-country flights. Each of those teams has to make at least four trips to Pacific or Mountain time.

Let me phrase it another way, looking at the 2015 opponents (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...015-nfl-season), which of those AFC lineups would you trade with?
    Yeah the lack of travel for the Bills certainly is a plus, it's one of the things that stood out to me also (other than London, obviously). But, the biggest point is bolded...unless somebody believes the team has progressed above the middle of the pack, there is no validity to the contention that we drew a 'weak schedule of opponents'...many of them are in the same boat as us, certainly not weaker.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As far as the question, Illumy, I would trade schedules with any of the teams in the AFC South, I'd much rather be looking at the NFC South on the schedule than the NFC East.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Yeah the lack of travel for the Bills certainly is a plus, it's one of the things that stood out to me also (other than London, obviously). But, the biggest point is bolded...unless somebody believes the team has progressed above the middle of the pack,
    I do, in the short term. While I think that McCoy is likely to fade off quickly, I don't that happens this year. Similarly, we did improve several other elements of our team in the short term. My problem with this offseason is that these are potentially hindering our future, but for 2015 I think we can see a marked improvement.

there is no validity to the contention that we drew a 'weak schedule of opponents'...many of them are in the same boat as us, certainly not weaker.
    I disagree (see above).

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    As far as the question, Illumy, I would trade schedules with any of the teams in the AFC South, I'd much rather be looking at the NFC South on the schedule than the NFC East.
    Why? To me the NFC South (aside from Tampa Bay) looks like a division where the teams all went through crap seasons at the same time. That's still the same division that produced 11, 12, and 13 win teams in the two prior years. I personally think the NFC South is primed for a rebound much moreso than the AFC South.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wasn't comparing the NFC South (who the AFCS plays)to the AFC South, I was comparing them to the NFC East (who Buffalo plays). To me, the East is stronger by far, and playing the NFCS would = a weaker schedule.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    QB - worse

End of discussion.
    Yes. Cleveland's qb situation is worse. I agree.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 04-01-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not a chance. There is almost no playoff experience on this roster. And we aren't going to take the div so we'd have to win 3 games on the road just to get there.
    Shuuuuut up

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Shuuuuut up
    Intelligent, well-reasoned response, as usual.