Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB Garret Grayson says Bills and Browns most interested

Thanks
    Thanked 3,424 Times in 2,002 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

QB Garret Grayson says Bills and Browns most interested

I was listening to a local Denver sports talk show on my way home last night and they were interviewing Colorado State QB Garret Grayson. He said Cleveland and Buffalo have shown the most interest so far. I didn't catch the whole interview, but he's been working a lot with former QB Travis Brown, who I believe played for the Bills years ago. He seems like a nice humble kid. I never actually watched him play though. There's been some speculation that the Broncos could target him in the 2nd round, but I don't see them doing that.

2. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (03-31-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: QB Garret Grayson says Bills and Browns most interested

bills pretty desperately need another guard so im expecting they take the best olineman left with their fist pick and then shuffle who they have to make the best five

after that, i expect they will take whatever qb is available that is at the top of their board and hope they get lucky
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sauce for the goose Mr. Saavik.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If the Bills take a QB, Tuel gets cut the next day. Then in camp either EJ or Tyrod gets cut. The only QB who has a roster spot locked up is Cassel, because he's a proven veteran backup.

6. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (03-31-2015),sudzy (03-31-2015),swiper (03-31-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

projected as 3rd or 4th rounder

Thanks
    Thanked 11,472 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

no way buffalo uses their 2nd or 3rd on a qb thats projected to be a 2ndor 3rd rd in a bad qb class. They already reached for EJ in a bad draft class. If Grayson is there in the 5th or later, I can see the bills pulling the trigger after Whaley said that late picks are most likely not going to make the roster anyways.

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd rather see them take Cody Fajardo late in the draft, than take one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    I'd rather see them take Cody Fajardo late in the draft, than take one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
    I don't get that. We've under invested at the QB position for under a decade and experienced the results. Yet fans still want to under invest and hope to get lucky.

Late round picks don't pan out.

12. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (03-31-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    I don't get that. We've under invested at the QB position for under a decade and experienced the results. Yet fans still want to under invest and hope to get lucky.

May as well reach for someone like we did with EJ and JP, right? Draft an early mid rounder like Trent?

We've invested in the QB position plenty, we just haven't gotten a return from any of them.

14. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The most important thing about this, and the dozens of other QB visits, is that they (meaning Rex) are convinced that EJ is a total bust.

16. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (03-31-2015),swiper (03-31-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Taking a player too early doesn't make him better
    #EJ

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    The most important thing about this, and the dozens of other QB visits, is that they (meaning Rex) are convinced that EJ is a total bust.
    Nah. They're just not brain dead. That list doesn't mean much of anything other than no one is sold on EJ. Put your dick back in your pants.

19. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (04-01-2015),Fixxxer (04-01-2015),senseofdoom (04-01-2015),trapezeus (03-31-2015),Yasgur's Farm (03-31-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    projected as 3rd or 4th rounder
    Kiper has said Grayson could go in the 2nd rnd.

I posted before that Grayson had a private workout for the Bills.

The Bills are INTERESTED in Grayson, I just hope he is there when the Bills pick because the Browns pick before the Bills in every rnd.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, the Bills desperately need to draft another Guard. But, if there is a QB there that you think you can win with in the 2nd? You have to draft him. Is Grayson that guy? IDK. Haven't done my homework on him yet. But, QB trumps every other position.

22. Post thanked by:

better days (03-31-2015),BillsImpossible (03-31-2015),The last buffalo fan (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's a personal preference. I do think we should draft a QB every year until we find our guy. Without a 1st round pick this year, I don't like rolling the dice on a 2nd or 3rd round QB pick when we can probably get a productive OLer or other position of need. Honestly, none of the QBs thrill me this year, but I'd take a chance on an underrated, high upside guy like Fajardo.

24. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (04-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Whaley thinks QBs like EJ need time to adjust to the NFL and develop. He's thinking long term. Here's an interesting article on it.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...fenses_ar.html

26. Post thanked by:

better days (03-31-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the current line i don't think is as bad as last year suggested. I felt like they largely looked lost and not necessarily overpowered. you'd see guys just stand up and not know who to block. i put that on coaching. and the fact almost every player struggled across the line after being servicable under chan or other coaches, points to coaching more than overall talent.

that being said, it still needs upgrades and i agree, it probably makes the most sense to take the best OL available at our pick and shuffle the best guys as needed. We also need to have more talent on the line to withstand injuries. perhaps the best 5 may be good enough, but i think the drop off with replacements may be our undoing.

as for the QBs, none look like sure things and none look like busts no matter how much wagon circler hopes it to be. If we don't have a line, none of them will succeed and it'll play out like such:

Week1-4, starter is inconsistent, a win here, a loss there, turnovers higher than TDs.

Week 5-7 - via injury or just tired of inconsistency back up comes in. is ok in the wek 5 game, sees drop off until he gets hurt or the plug is pulled. they maybe go back to original starter or feel like the 3rd string guy is best by week 8

Week8-14 - third stringer looks the best of the group, mostly because of limited tape. he captures the fan base attention, but we don't really care that his stats are more or less in line with the other two who go yanked.

In weeks 8-14, the run game and d will determine if we have a chance to make the playoffs for early exit.

To avoid this scenario, we need a good line that ensures the run game has success early and that the QB has time for the 10 yard pass for YAC.

If we go QB early in draft and leave the line with minimal depth, i don't think they have the legs to make it 16 games in a tougher schedule.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    the current line i don't think is as bad as last year suggested. I felt like they largely looked lost and not necessarily overpowered. you'd see guys just stand up and not know who to block. i put that on coaching. and the fact almost every player struggled across the line after being servicable under chan or other coaches, points to coaching more than overall talent.

that being said, it still needs upgrades and i agree, it probably makes the most sense to take the best OL available at our pick and shuffle the best guys as needed. We also need to have more talent on the line to withstand injuries. perhaps the best 5 may be good enough, but i think the drop off with replacements may be our undoing.

as for the QBs, none look like sure things and none look like busts no matter how much wagon circler hopes it to be. If we don't have a line, none of them will succeed and it'll play out like such:

Week1-4, starter is inconsistent, a win here, a loss there, turnovers higher than TDs.

Week 5-7 - via injury or just tired of inconsistency back up comes in. is ok in the wek 5 game, sees drop off until he gets hurt or the plug is pulled. they maybe go back to original starter or feel like the 3rd string guy is best by week 8

Week8-14 - third stringer looks the best of the group, mostly because of limited tape. he captures the fan base attention, but we don't really care that his stats are more or less in line with the other two who go yanked.

In weeks 8-14, the run game and d will determine if we have a chance to make the playoffs for early exit.

To avoid this scenario, we need a good line that ensures the run game has success early and that the QB has time for the 10 yard pass for YAC.

If we go QB early in draft and leave the line with minimal depth, i don't think they have the legs to make it 16 games in a tougher schedule.
    I agree with you that the OL is not as bad as Opiv & some others think it is.

And the Bills have added Felton & Clay, two guys that are GOOD blockers to help the OL.

29. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (03-31-2015),The last buffalo fan (04-01-2015),trapezeus (03-31-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    bills pretty desperately need another guard so im expecting they take the best olineman left with their fist pick and then shuffle who they have to make the best five

after that, i expect they will take whatever qb is available that is at the top of their board and hope they get lucky
    Guard/Center should be their first pick. Quarterback second. Safety third. then bpa.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 03-31-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    It's a personal preference. I do think we should draft a QB every year until we find our guy. Without a 1st round pick this year, I don't like rolling the dice on a 2nd or 3rd round QB pick when we can probably get a productive OLer or other position of need. Honestly, none of the QBs thrill me this year, but I'd take a chance on an underrated, high upside guy like Fajardo.
    Yes. just look at Nevada vs. Col State this year. Fajardo has got the onions to be an NFL QB. not sure Grayson does. Grayson is like a caricature of Flacco... completely loses his mind under pressure. Fajardo brought that team back from the dead despite CSU's superior talent.