Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2015-2016 roster - Eichel edition

Exactly

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Does anyone here not see either Baptiste or Bailey as possible forwards next year?
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Exactly
    Exactly what? You said something stupid, I let it go.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by elltrain22 View Post
    Does anyone here not see either Baptiste or Bailey as possible forwards next year?
    With Rochester. I don't see them making the jump and skipping the AHL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2015/2...e-ryan-oreilly

heres a good read I've been aware of for awhile now. There's a balancing act here related to centers and their cap that they're going to have to be mindful of. O'Reilly could realistically be a 3rd line center. Do you pay a 3rd line center $7 million?

Its is a question the Sabres may face at some point when it comes to Girgensons.
    I believe that he is getting paid too much (Calgary's fault) but how at this point in his career, while already having a hold out, will you get him to go down in salary? That would have to happen a year after sending a 1st round pick and a sort of prospect. Or he will walk and you wll get nothing for your investment. I also believe that the Avs might trade O'Reilly but the point being is that I think they will want something in return as opposed to "potential".

Thanks
    Thanked 26,308 Times in 13,733 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I believe that he is getting paid too much (Calgary's fault) but how at this point in his career, while already having a hold out, will you get him to go down in salary? That would have to happen a year after sending a 1st round pick and a sort of prospect. Or he will walk and you wll get nothing for your investment. I also believe that the Avs might trade O'Reilly but the point being is that I think they will want something in return as opposed to "potential".
    Problem is that we don't have much in the way of proven players. It's really just Ennis, Bogosian, Kane and Moulson at this point- arguably Gionta and Gorges but they are clearly on the downside of their careers. I don't see us giving up Ennis, or Kane or Bogosian after what we just paid for them. That only leaves Moulson and I don't know why anyone would want him after the way he sleptwalked through this past season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Plus we can afford $6.5 million for him and guarantee him the 2nd line center for the prime of his career.

What is outlined in this roster are three lines that can roll, play and compete.

Two prime time wingers surrounding our rookie franchise center piece. A second line all in their primes. A third line with some big two way bodies and a vet helping to snipe an opportune goal here and there. A fourth line of some young promise itching to get their shift.

Whats not not to like about this?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Plus we can afford $6.5 million for him and guarantee him the 2nd line center for the prime of his career.

What is outlined in this roster are three lines that can roll, play and compete.

Two prime time wingers surrounding our rookie franchise center piece. A second line all in their primes. A third line with some big two way bodies and a vet helping to snipe an opportune goal here and there. A fourth line of some young promise itching to get their shift.

Whats not not to like about this?
    So you are willing to pay him like a 1st/2nd line C? If you covet O'Reilly so much, why not wait until he is a UFA and pay him that because I bet there are few teams that want to pay him that much. Then you get to keep your pick and your "prospect". I think this team is more than 4 months away from competing though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ok, ok, ok... how about grigs and hodgson for RoR.

i would imagine we get the same kind of finicky player when we trade grigs.

i don't like trading Zads at all. he had one run in with nolan, he seemed to get around it just fine. i think he has potential which he's shown flashes of. oshie is great, but like jam said, he's in his prime and our team is just about to get the pieces together to go for its prime. i like our d and our d prospects.

if they bring in babcock, the culture changes pretty quickly and they all know they are with a future legend.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    Haha that is the best one yet!! Hodgson is making like 1M per goal. Good luck getting rid of him. Although people did say good luck getting rid of Clarkson and the Leafs made it work somehow.

12. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (04-15-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hodgson sucks balls

14. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (04-14-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

At least until Reinhart is ready to be in that role

16. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-14-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post

i would imagine we get the same kind of finicky player when we trade grigs.

i don't like trading Zads at all. he had one run in with nolan, he seemed to get around it just fine. i think he has potential which he's shown flashes of. oshie is great, but like jam said, he's in his prime and our team is just about to get the pieces together to go for its prime. i like our d and our d prospects.

if they bring in babcock, the culture changes pretty quickly and they all know they are with a future legend.
    exactly. im all for getting better right now, but not at the price of the future. impatience can kill rebuilds, it just makes zero sense to me moving a guy who isnt even 20 with that high of a ceiling for a guy who is going to be 29 this season and will likely be declining once this team starts hitting its stride. i just think thats a extremely careless move.

i also dont like this sudden attitude that once a kid makes even a minor misstep, hes labeled as toxic, a problem, ignorant, ect. are we really going to exile a top prospect because he slept in and was late? happens to guys all the time. the sabres nipped it in the bud, and kids (does anyone remember being a kid? kids make mistakes) need time to mature, on and off the ice.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 04-14-2015 at 01:08 PM.

18. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (04-14-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Paul Hamilton (WGR) said yesterday it was Nolan who was the heavy hand in disciplining Zad and Murray was annoyed with Nolan and thought he was too heavy handed in sitting Zad when he did..

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Paul Hamilton (WGR) said yesterday it was Nolan who was the heavy hand in disciplining Zad and Murray was annoyed with Nolan and thought he was too heavy handed in sitting Zad when he did..
    I picked up on that in Murray's post firing presser... in the same breath he's admitting on air he told Zad he needs to grow up and become a man.

no sh1t Murray you sniveling little ***! that's what Nolan was trying to teach him, but you thought he should what... hold his hand? Reach out and get in his head?

thats an excuse on Murray's part to rationalize actually firing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    exactly. im all for getting better right now, but not at the price of the future. impatience can kill rebuilds, it just makes zero sense to me moving a guy who isnt even 20 with that high of a ceiling for a guy who is going to be 29 this season and will likely be declining once this team starts hitting its stride. i just think thats a extremely careless move.

i also dont like this sudden attitude that once a kid makes even a minor misstep, hes labeled as toxic, a problem, ignorant, ect. are we really going to exile a top prospect because he slept in and was late? happens to guys all the time. the sabres nipped it in the bud, and kids (does anyone remember being a kid? kids make mistakes) need time to mature, on and off the ice.
    He's supposed to be a ****** hockey player and he acts like a little ***** on and off the ice.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's supposed to be a hockey player in the Juniors or AHL, but the rules ****ed the Sabres over on that.

With that being, said benching him for a few games was fine by me.

22. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-14-2015)

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Zad is going to grow up to be the next Chara.

i Can just fee it
    You owe me royalties..

24. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-14-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh good, look at all the love here now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I picked up on that in Murray's post firing presser... in the same breath he's admitting on air he told Zad he needs to grow up and become a man.

no sh1t Murray you sniveling little ***! that's what Nolan was trying to teach him, but you thought he should what... hold his hand? Reach out and get in his head?

- - - Updated - - -

He's supposed to be a ****** hockey player and he acts like a little ***** on and off the ice.
    Ok, it appears your expectations are extremely high, almost like hockey should be run like a military operation or sonething. No room to grow, no room to learn, no room to misstep. That's sure how it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, it appears your expectations are extremely high, almost like hockey should be run like a military operation or sonething. No room to grow, no room to learn, no room to misstep. That's sure how it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -