Are You Having a Draft Lottery Party on Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Are You Having a Draft Lottery Party on Saturday?

Draft Lottery to be conducted Saturday, April 18

Winning Team to be Revealed in Televised Announcement on CBC, TVA Sports and NBC

TORONTO -- The 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, a weighted system implemented and utilized to determine the order of selection in the first round of the 2015 NHL Draft for the 14 Clubs not qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs (or the Clubs that have acquired the first-round drafting positions of those non-playoff teams), will take place on Saturday, April 18 at 8 p.m., ET.

The results of the Draft Lottery will be revealed live on CBC and TVA Sports in Canada and NBC in the U.S. immediately preceding the start of Game 2 of the Penguins-Rangers First Round series....

Fourteen balls, numbered 1 to 14, are placed in a lottery machine. The machine randomly selects four balls. The resulting four-number series (without regard to selection order) is matched against a chart that shows all possible combinations and the Clubs to which each is assigned.

The chart of assigned combinations will be posted at NHL.com on Friday, April 17. The complete process, including the video of the lottery drawing, also will be available on NHL.com after the lottery is conducted....

The 2015 NHL Draft Lottery will take place on Saturday, April 18 at 8 p.m., ET.

Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2015, 07:33 AM.
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Are You Having a Draft Lottery Party on Saturday?

I don't know if you'd call it a party, but I am going to heavily consuming adult beverages from 5-8, then when the announcement is made I already have the Buffalo Sabres with McDavid & Eichel on NHL 15, and whomever we get is staying, and whoever is gets first controller, is playing me with the 2015-16 Buffalo Sabres. Pretty boring, but I'm fired up about it!!

BTW, the next thing I'll do, is buy either an Eichel or McDavid jersey ASAP.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

I'm never sober, so I guess I'm in.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I was planning on it, and then I decided to have a Bruins playoff support party instead.

Jack Edwards is the guest of honor so we can hear how the NHL rigged the entire season. Without that, the Bruins would have gone 83-0-0 in the 82 game regular season
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Bruins lmao.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
            Victimizing The Victimizer
            • Aug 2012

I'm not..

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
              I was planning on it, and then I decided to have a Bruins playoff support party instead.

Jack Edwards is the guest of honor so we can hear how the NHL rigged the entire season. Without that, the Bruins would have gone 83-0-0 in the 82 game regular season
              every bruins hit is legal. every bruin touched is a crime against humanity with him.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

As we speak, Bettman is talking with Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Toronto and Boston, trying to see what they'll give up to get the first pick. And I don't mean money. I mean years of being his yes-man.

Buffalo will never get McDavid.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  As we speak, Bettman is talking with Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Toronto and Boston, trying to see what they'll give up to get the first pick. And I don't mean money. I mean years of being his yes-man.

If the NHL was so intent on screwing the Sabres, why didn't they go ahead with their original plans to change the lottery system this year?

There is no grand conspiracy.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

And, fwiw, the odds are they won't get him. So if they don't it's not proof at all

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

If the NHL was so intent on screwing the Sabres, why didn't they go ahead with their original plans to change the lottery system this year?

There is no grand conspiracy.
                      Once again, it has NOTHING to do with screwing the Sabres.

It has to do with making money and the league exercising power over teams.

Hockey works in Buffalo. It always has and it always will- the league doesn't need McDavid in Buffalo to make money. They don't need him to make money in Boston or Toronto either, but they'll make a LOT more money with him in one of those places than Buffalo because they're bigger cities with more money. The other cities I mentioned are **** hockey markets who will get a bandwagon boost from McDavid.

- - - Updated - - -

And, fwiw, the odds are they won't get him. So if they don't it's not proof at all
                      Right. If the Sabres don't get him, it's not proof. If Boston does, well it's not a smoking gun, but you'd be a moron not to find that suspicious.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

They did change the lottery system this year, didn't they?
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          They did change the lottery system this year, didn't they?
                          The percentages, yes
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

A ride in Mr. Peabody's Way-Back Machine indicates:

..."In 1970, two new franchises were awarded in the NHL — the Buffalo Sabres and the Vancouver Canucks. It was a foregone conclusion that Perrault would be the first selection in the 1970 Entry Draft. The two new teams took part in a roulette wheel spin to determine who would get the first pick. Ultimately, the Canucks were allocated numbers 1-10 on the wheel, while the Sabres had 11-20. When league president Clarence Campbell spun the wheel, he initially thought the pointer landed on 1 and started to congratulate the Vancouver delegation. However, Sabres coach/general manager Punch Imlach asked Campbell to check again. As it turned out, the pointer was on 11."...

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              A ride in Mr. Peabody's Way-Back Machine indicates:

..."In 1970, two new franchises were awarded in the NHL — the Buffalo Sabres and the Vancouver Canucks. It was a foregone conclusion that Perrault would be the first selection in the 1970 Entry Draft. The two new teams took part in a roulette wheel spin to determine who would get the first pick. Ultimately, the Canucks were allocated numbers 1-10 on the wheel, while the Sabres had 11-20. When league president Clarence Campbell spun the wheel, he initially thought the pointer landed on 1 and started to congratulate the Vancouver delegation. However, Sabres coach/general manager Punch Imlach asked Campbell to check again. As it turned out, the pointer was on 11."...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_Perreault
                              Even then they were trying to screw us, son of a .....

Comment

Working...
                              X