• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: Rex Ryan's Choice At QB Is Tyrod Taylor But Doug Whaley Doesn't Agree

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
    I'm OK, BillsImpossible. Thanks for your concern.

Hope you empty your diaper soon, buddy. LOL.

I'd just be shocked beyond words if Taylor is the starter. I think there's about a 5% chance of that happening. I certainly don't see any evidence that anybody favors him in any way. Personally, I think it will be Cassel. EJ probably has a shot, but Cassel should win the competition IMO.

Taylor is more in line with wildcat-type gadget plays in the same vein Rexy used Brad Smith, I think. We're in big trouble right away if he starts.
    Anyone watch, "Castle," last night?

Feldspar, this off season diaper is getting so ripe I can't stand it after attending two wakes in the past 3 months.

I need the NFL to take my mind off of things that actually matter more....

Btw, Brad Smith recently interviewed with the Bills.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
      Isn't it obvious by now and clear as the beautiful crystal blue sky?

Rex Ryan wanted to trade for Tyrod Taylor when he was with the Jets but got turned down by the GM.

Tyrod Taylor reportedly turned down more money from the Broncos to play for Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills. Can the former Ravens quarterback beat out the likes of Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel?

The Jets are going to pay for their mistakes.

If Ryan got his way, Tyrod Taylor would have replaced Mark Sanchez and the Jets would have never drafted Geno Smith in 2013.
      Well, the last paragraph of your citation reads:

..."We don't fault Ryan for exploring alternatives with no established signal-caller on his roster, but this isn't outside-the-box thinking. It's an extension of a failed philosophy that has him rivaling Lovie Smith as the league's most hopeless quarterback handler."

I think that's a bit unfair - some of CLE's coaching carousel should have been included.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
        They got second choice. The GM even said so to the media.
        True, but he also said they will still get a franchise-changing player. And tanking assured them at least of the 2nd pick and a shot at a stud like Eichel.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
          Taylor has shown little when he's played. Including pre-season, which isn't a good sign. I see him as #3 at best, unless they draft a QB who looks even slightly promising.
          #3. Uh huh.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            Hoping for Tyrod Taylor to win the starting QB position for an NFL team is like a professional hockey team trying to lose every game for two seasons for a 1/5 shot at a great player, then losing that.
            Looks like neither one of us were right.

Comment

Working...
            X