X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Rex Ryan's Choice At QB Is Tyrod Taylor But Doug Whaley Doesn't Agree

Isn't it obvious by now and clear as the beautiful crystal blue sky?

Rex Ryan wanted to trade for Tyrod Taylor when he was with the Jets but got turned down by the GM.

Tyrod Taylor reportedly turned down more money from the Broncos to play for Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills. Can the former Ravens quarterback beat out the likes of Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel?

The Jets are going to pay for their mistakes.

If Ryan got his way, Tyrod Taylor would have replaced Mark Sanchez and the Jets would have never drafted Geno Smith in 2013.

That's pretty significant in the grand scheme of things, especially if Tyrod Taylor lights the NFL on fire in 2015.

Ryan would till be with the Jets today if they had Taylor as the face of the franchise in, "branding," terms.

Rex Ryan has been a huge Tyrod Taylor fan, "for years."

Remember when the Bills signed Matt Cassel? Front page of the Buffalo News sports section had Whaley and Cassel smiling at the podium.

Whaley's guy is Matt Cassel. Before Cassel, it was Josh McCown who opted for Cleveland instead.

Whaley's first choice to take to the prom dissed him. If Whaley and Ryan agreed on Taylor, why not put him on the podium too?

Rex Ryan's guy is Tyrod Taylor, has been for years. Taylor didn't get the front page of the sports section, no happy smiles press conference with the GM and media. Rex Ryan signed Tyrod Taylor on the down low with no hype other than his own words, calling Taylor one of the fastest QB's in the game today.

Doug Whaley is not the reason why Tyrod Taylor is a Buffalo Bill.

In a more recent interview that is a front page story right now at NFL.com, Rex Ryan was asked a question about the quarterbacks.

Happily tucked away in Buffalo with the Bills, Rex Ryan isn't holding back on his time with the Jets, saying that he knew as early as 2013 that "it was clear then that they were trying to push away from me."

Even with McCoy in the backfield, does Rex really believe the Bills can win with the likes of Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel under center?
    "Yeah, or Tyrod Taylor," Ryan said. --------------

Anyone else think that the GM and Coach don't agree on their offensive opinions?

On defense, they probably see eye to eye. On offense, I think they firmly disagree.

Wasn't it Doug Whaley that tried to shove EJ Manuel down the throats of the coaching staff last year until things got out of hand at training camp (in public) and he finally signed a QB in Orton right around Labor Day?

Josh McCown? Matt Cassel? Are those players going to win a Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills?

Who do you agree with when it comes to the quarterback position?

Rex Ryan of Doug Whaley?
  • sudzy
    • Apr 2013

Re: Rex Ryan's Choice At QB Is Tyrod Taylor But Doug Whaley Doesn't Agree

I really hope Tyrod comes in here and wins the job.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

He obviously likes Taylor bu I don't think he's Ryans choice. Yet! Whoever plays the best in TC will be his choice. He wants to win.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I hope a QB wearing a Bills jersey plays well this year.

The name doesn't matter.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Let's all talk out our ass.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
              Isn't it obvious by now and clear as the beautiful crystal blue sky?
              Nope.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                • Apr 2005

pure off season speculation ! I don't buy it .

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Taylor has shown little when he's played. Including pre-season, which isn't a good sign. I see him as #3 at best, unless they draft a QB who looks even slightly promising.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Hoping for Tyrod Taylor to win the starting QB position for an NFL team is like a professional hockey team trying to lose every game for two seasons for a 1/5 shot at a great player, then losing that.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      Hoping for Tyrod Taylor to win the starting QB position for an NFL team is like a professional hockey team trying to lose every game for two seasons for a 1/5 shot at a great player, then losing that.
                      Except the Sabres will still get a great player.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                        Let's all talk out our ass.
                        What's up, feldspar? You okay? You don't seem to be your normal self lately.

If something is bothering you, I hope things change for the better soon.

Seems like everywhere you turn, people think either Manuel or Cassel will win the starting job.

Only Rex Ryan, myself, and a few others disagree.

I am definitely full of crap at times, but at least I admit when my diaper is full.

Who do you trust more when it comes to choosing who will be the next quarterback for the Bills?

Rex Ryan of Doug Whaley?

I trust Ryan more.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                          What's up, feldspar? You okay? You don't seem to be your normal self lately.

If something is bothering you, I hope things change for the better soon.

Seems like everywhere you turn, people think either Manuel or Cassel will win the starting job.

Only Rex Ryan, myself, and a few others disagree.

I am definitely full of crap at times, but at least I admit when my diaper is full.

Who do you trust more when it comes to choosing who will be the next quarterback for the Bills?

Rex Ryan of Doug Whaley?

I trust Ryan more.
                          I'm OK, BillsImpossible. Thanks for your concern.

Hope you empty your diaper soon, buddy. LOL.

I'd just be shocked beyond words if Taylor is the starter. I think there's about a 5% chance of that happening. I certainly don't see any evidence that anybody favors him in any way. Personally, I think it will be Cassel. EJ probably has a shot, but Cassel should win the competition IMO.

Taylor is more in line with wildcat-type gadget plays in the same vein Rexy used Brad Smith, I think. We're in big trouble right away if he starts.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Jlb part douche

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              Except the Sabres will still get a great player.
                              They got second choice. The GM even said so to the media.

Comment

Working...
                              X