Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Veterans flock to Jax to play for Marrone

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Veterans flock to Jax to play for Marrone

On the other hand, I don't care who the coach is, I don't know how anyone can expect a guy to come into a totally new situation and win like that in year one.

Landry didn't do it. Parcells didn't do it. Rarely does it ever happen.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days
    As if winning one more game & scoring more points than the Marrone led Bills was a great feat.
    Your player evaluations are always so bizarre. You're criticizing Peters and the Eagles because they didn't win the Super Bowl. But even though Brady and the Pats DID with the Super Bowl, you criticized Brady because the game ended on a defensive stand.

I guess the only player who accomplished anything in the NFL last year was Malcolm Butler.

And the Pro Bowl is a JOKE, populated by popular players from big market teams.
    Uhhh, you're the guy pimping Incognito for one pro bowl trip three seasons ago:
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4086927
    Incognito was a Pro Bowl player and Rex said the only reason the Bills are giving him another chance is because he is an OUTSTANDING player.

Rex said if Incognito were an average player, he would not be worth the trouble to sign him.

And no OL in the NFL has a Pro Bowl player at every position, so if Williams does play at least average, the OL can absolutely be above average.
    Homer alert.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

3. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Your player evaluations are always so bizarre. You're criticizing Peters and the Eagles because they didn't win the Super Bowl. But even though Brady and the Pats DID with the Super Bowl, you criticized Brady because the game ended on a defensive stand.

I guess the only player who accomplished anything in the NFL last year was Malcolm Butler.

Uhhh, you're the guy pimping Incognito for one pro bowl trip three seasons ago:
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4086927

Homer alert.
    I am not criticizing the play of Peters.

I just said the Eagles paid him a lot of money And he was injured a lot.

The Eagles did not get their moneys worth from Peters anymore than the Bills have from Mario so far.

And if Incognito played for the Eagles, Giants, Jets, Patriots, he no doubt would have had a number of Pro Bowl trips.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    On the other hand, I don't care who the coach is, I don't know how anyone can expect a guy to come into a totally new situation and win like that in year one.

Rex did it.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (04-23-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,895 Times in 3,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post

Pretty rare for a coach to quit on a winning team too. In fact I doubt other than retirement it's ever happened in the NFL. The Bills are not the expansion Cowboys or the downtrodden Giants or Patriots or Jets. Other than QB, and that's going to tell the tale for Rex a lot more than any other factor, the Bills have a pretty solid roster. If you told me Landry or Parcells in their prime was taking over here I would absolutely expect playoffs. Rex? I don't know, we'll see. Marrone did a decent job here but let's not get carried away. He's not some legendary coach. And your thread title has succeeded in making my laugh 347 consecutive times, thanks for that.

8. Post thanked by:

better days (04-23-2015)