Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Were Murray's Comments Enough to Encourage Eichel to Stay in College for a While?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Were Murray's Comments Enough to Encourage Eichel to Stay in College for a While?

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post

“It’s hard to talk about playing for a team next year when the draft hasn’t happened,” Eichel said of the Sabres via conference call. “A lot of things can happen on draft day. Nothing is set in stone right now, but obviously it would be really nice to play there. There’s so much tradition there, and it’s a great hockey city.”
    Is there a better source than that lol Thanks for ruining Spikes day

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Were Murray's Comments Enough to Encourage Eichel to Stay in College for a While?

You guys thinking a hockey player drafted #2 with #2 money will go back to college is crazy.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    You guys thinking a hockey player drafted #2 with #2 money will go back to college is crazy.
    The money will still be there the following year if he were to go back to college for another year.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tim Murray embarrassed himself and the organization with that press conference.

He dismantled the team.

He blamed Ted Nolan for their failure.

Now he's whining about the draft "process" Saying he feels bad for the fans...LOL

It's seems it's always the other guys fault with him, He's just a vic-TIM.

I said it before, Sabres will be a good team eventually, But Murray will not be the teams current GM when it happens.

5. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-19-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Aren't you worried about your Rangers? Penguins will take the next 3....Crosby is heating up! But keep stalking this site, and make your childish comments. Or, just go hang out with you Boston bruin loser fan Lemon/Canadian!

7. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (04-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think he's going back to college. There's millions on the table. Murray just needs to stfu.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and if he does go back to college... Murray's behavior will factor into the decision.

people want to be more than an analytic. They inherently desire to be where they're appreciated. Now I realize professional sports is a put up or shut up proposition, but some really good hockey people who aren't named Tim Murray are counseling him to get that extra year in college.

TM handling things the way he did, does nothing counter weight that.

Douche nozzle can wait and lose the lottery again next year.

10. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by doug45 View Post
    I agree, he could wait until next year and be #1 for even more money.
    Judging by the video of him saying that he was coming for Buffalo before pounding a beer, I don't think he's refusing to go to Buffalo.

McDavid is likely to pull a Lindros or Eli, judging by his reaction. But i doubt that even happens.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Jry44 View Post
    Judging by the video of him saying that he was coming for Buffalo before pounding a beer, I don't think he's refusing to go to Buffalo.

McDavid is likely to pull a Lindros or Eli, judging by his reaction. But i doubt that even happens.
    No one is saying that Eichel is refusing to go to Buffalo.

Just that he may delay coming for a year or two to stay in college to win a championship or two rather than coming to a very weak Sabres line up during that same time period.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,505 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    After all, he is only a freshman and may want to go back to win that championship that alluded him this year.

You have to think BU has a pretty good shot at it next year with Eichel returning.

Perhaps Eichel and his parents value his education more than going somewhere where the imbecile of a GM does not make you feel completely welcome.
    No eichel has already said he looks forward to showing murray what he has. He may stay in school another year, but that was obvious for a while a now.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

SpikedLemonade

ONLY an absolute blind homer would defend Murray's behavior throughout this.

At last year's draft, last night, every time he opens his socially inept mouth he is an embarrassment to Sabres fans.

He should be nothing more than a high level scout.

15. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-19-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's a POS

17. Post thanked by:

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

time to put this to rest

SpikedLemonade

Look at that face.

Bowels completely clamped down on an immobile feces.

20. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-19-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ironically, the Bruins 1st round pick this past year David Pastnack stuck with team this year whereas the Sabres #2 overall pick went back to the minors.

Do you start drinking the moment you awake?
    Hopefully, as pastrenak matures, he doesnt broadcast his affinity for hookers on social media.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ironically, the Bruins 1st round pick this past year David Pastnack stuck with team this year whereas the Sabres #2 overall pick went back to the minors.

Do you start drinking the moment you awake?
    Gee, I didn't know that Kootenay was "the minors". Kootenay is in the WESTERN HOCKEY LEAGUE. That is a major junior league. NOT a minor league.

Are you on drugs, or is this your natural, moronic self? Methinks you need to worry more about the team in YOUR backyard and less about OURS. You have no GM. You may soon have no head coach. You're looking at quite a bit of roster turnover. I'd bet that Tyler Seguin trade is one you'd like to have a redo on.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

23. Post thanked by:

DetDannyWilliams (04-19-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Spiked knows players get sent back to juniors if they aren't ready. It's one of his trolling points. He doesn't care why it happened, just that it happened and can fill in the blanks as he sees fit. We all know why sam was sent back and it proved to be a good decision. If spiked wants to angle it a different way so be it.

25. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (04-19-2015),DetDannyWilliams (04-19-2015),Meathead (04-19-2015)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Spiked knows players get sent back to juniors if they aren't ready. It's one of his trolling points. He doesn't care why it happened, just that it happened and can fill in the blanks as he sees fit. We all know why sam was sent back and it proved to be a good decision. If spiked wants to angle it a different way so be it.
    BINGO. If memory serves, I think they wanted Reinhart to not only add on some weight, but improve other facets of his game. And he seems to have done that.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    time to put this to rest
    is that it?

i dont see anything wrong with what he said. if there was something else that was worse pls post it but if this is all of it then lots of finger wagging about nuthin imo
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    is that it?

i dont see anything wrong with what he said. if there was something else that was worse pls post it but if this is all of it then lots of finger wagging about nuthin imo
    it's right off of Sabres.com