Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 out of 7 on the road

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 5 out of 7 on the road

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    So basically your season is over after week 8 and the last 2 weeks of the season your friends get to tell you, "there's always next year".
    Well, I would hope that is not the case this year.

And I don't expect it to be unless there are injuries to important players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Is cold weather really an advantage to either team?
    I don't think cold is, but wind & field condition due to the weather could be an advantage to the Bills.

Especially in the Cowboys game.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

isn't this requested by the bills? in brandon's infinite wisdom, he found that selling out games for bad bills teams was easier to do early in the season. So that is how they manufactured sellouts with below average teams.

i think if the bills rebuild is for real, they may ask for more favorable returns going forward because they are attempting to put a good team together. and good teams sell out no matter what. the issue before was that the bills didn't want a good team. they wanted a cheap upfront roster and hope that the wins came.

kind of shows you how brandon's previous experience doesn't really have alot of applicability in the new bills environment.

4. Post thanked by:

gebobs (04-28-2015),swiper (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    isn't this requested by the bills? in brandon's infinite wisdom, he found that selling out games for bad bills teams was easier to do early in the season. So that is how they manufactured sellouts with below average teams.

i think if the bills rebuild is for real, they may ask for more favorable returns going forward because they are attempting to put a good team together. and good teams sell out no matter what. the issue before was that the bills didn't want a good team. they wanted a cheap upfront roster and hope that the wins came.

kind of shows you how brandon's previous experience doesn't really have alot of applicability in the new bills environment.
    Ralph & Brandon preferred the 1:00 PM games over late games because they thought it would be easier for fans to travel to the Ralph for the game.

And they preferred games earlier in the season than later in the season due to bad weather & bad team making games harder to sell.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    5 of the last 8 games are on the road but we do finish the season with 2 home games which is a big advantage in December.

Not to mention starting the season with 2 home games...
    3 of 5 games after 12/1 are at home. You would think that would make the fans happy as there always seem to be complaints that the NFL doesn't allow any home games in December. There's no pleasing people. We could have 16 home games in a row and someone would complain that the Bills aren't getting frequent flier miles.

None of it matters if we have a good team. Personally, I don't mind the schedule. The Bills have a good chance to get double digit wins this year.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015),Joe Fo Sho (04-27-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    3 of 5 games after 12/1 are at home. You would think that would make the fans happy as there always seem to be complaints that the NFL doesn't allow any home games in December. There's no pleasing people. We could have 16 home games in a row and someone would complain that the Bills aren't getting frequent flier miles.

None of it matters if we have a good team. Personally, I don't mind the schedule. The Bills have a good chance to get double digit wins this year.
    Exactly, just go out and play. There's no use complaining, plus our schedule really isn't that bad.

At least we're not the Jaguars. They have one game in Jacksonville between weeks 3 through 10. Oh and to reward their travels...their home game week 11 is on a short week against their division rival the Titans on Thursday night.

9. Post thanked by:

better days (04-28-2015),gebobs (04-27-2015)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Exactly, just go out and play. There's no use complaining, plus our schedule really isn't that bad.

At least we're not the Jaguars. They have one game in Jacksonville between weeks 3 through 10. Oh and to reward their travels...their home game week 11 is on a short week against their division rival the Titans on Thursday night.
    LOL...Jags-Titans on Thursday night? Guess I'll be tuning into Dancing With The Stars.

11. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015),Joe Fo Sho (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post

GOOD team=GOOD TIMES, hot or cold, rain or shine, the tailgate & the game go on. PARTY ON!

13. Post thanked by:

gebobs (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

for the person who negged me and called me an idiot for saying that brandon prefers early season games, see quote. IT also doesn't take a huge leap to see that brandon had the final wilson years as a make the most money possible and quality of team doesn't matter. Now that there is a new owner in town, we'll slowly see his old "genius" methods of business aren't needed. Why he remains on the payroll for doing nothing to make the team a winner is beyond me. But that is the gift of a snakeoil salesman.

"It's not been optimal. It's a proven fact that in December in Buffalo, it's difficult to attain sellout status at our facility," Bills CEO Russ Brandon said. "December games are a challenge."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said it's difficult creating a schedule to satisfy every request made by every team.

"We are aware of the Bills' preferences for limiting late-season home games," McCarthy said. "We know we are not able to make every team happy every year. But we strive to design schedules that are equitable for all 32 teams."

15. Post thanked by:

better days (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    for the person who negged me and called me an idiot for saying that brandon prefers early season games, see quote. IT also doesn't take a huge leap to see that brandon had the final wilson years as a make the most money possible and quality of team doesn't matter. Now that there is a new owner in town, we'll slowly see his old "genius" methods of business aren't needed. Why he remains on the payroll for doing nothing to make the team a winner is beyond me. But that is the gift of a snakeoil salesman.
    I agree with you about Brandon & the past.

But you answered the question of Brandon still being employed yourself....he is a great snakeoil salesman.

And that is all his job will entail from now on, selling the Bills to the fans.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I agree with you about Brandon & the past.

But you answered the question of Brandon still being employed yourself....he is a great snakeoil salesman.

And that is all his job will entail from now on, selling the Bills to the fans.
    you and i both agree that winning sells. i guess he's the hedge in the event that rex can't turn us into a winner. but it seems that the pegulas are happy to scrap one plan and buy another one fairly dynamically. they kept the FNC packed with a dead last sabre team but expectations pretty high over the next 3 years.

Brandon just becomes more and more useless and the fact he is still there is a curse. He sold a home game, watched it fail and then went and did it again. He picked maybin as GM. as his role grew, the team got worse. he's billy buffalo. get rid of them both, and i'll show you a playoff team.