Based on schedule Bills could finish 10-6....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Based on schedule Bills could finish 10-6....

Originally posted by Topas View Post
    To me Clay says more pass than run. IIRC he is more of a receiver than a blocker. While McCoy is a RB, he is almost as much a receiver as a RB.
    Then there is also the Watson trade (although I acknowledge that this was prior to Rex).
    And I forgot about Felton, I give you that.

But the total offense looks more like versatile spread (especially with the emphasis on Clay) with receiving playmakers than a "line-up and punch them straightforward in the mouth".

But maybe we have a similar approach as Chan. Spread them out and then get your running yards.
    Roman has said his offense will be like Rex's defense in that the other team will have no idea what is about to happen until it does happen & it is too late for them to do anything about it.

And I expect to see Clay & Harvin catch some balls, but Clay is also a good blocker & Harvin can run the ball as well.

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Re: Based on schedule Bills could finish 10-6....

Originally posted by Topas View Post
      To me Clay says more pass than run. IIRC he is more of a receiver than a blocker.
      Consider who the Bills had last year. Chandler. Clay certainly has more upside as a receiver, but to this point in their careers, they are comparable. The big difference is run blocking. That is why they made the move.

While McCoy is a RB, he is almost as much a receiver as a RB.
      A swing pass to Shady with pulling linemen in front is pass in name only. But yes, he brings to the Bills a backfield receiving threat they haven't seen perhaps since Thurman.

But the total offense looks more like versatile spread (especially with the emphasis on Clay) with receiving playmakers than a "line-up and punch them straightforward in the mouth".
      I agree. This won't be OJ and the Electric Company. Thankfully. :-)
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
      X