Rumor: The San Diego Chargers Gave Doug Whaley A Phone Call About Trading For Rivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: Rumor: The San Diego Chargers Gave Doug Whaley A Phone Call About Trading For Riv

this won't ever happen. we don't have enough to give up for rivers. you don't trade a QB without getting one in return. so this is what i'd want if i was the chargers.

1) matt cassel/ej manual (maybe both)
    2) Darius
    3) the whole bills 2015 draft

that's what my price for Rivers would be, and if i'm San Diego i'm still not sure i'd be getting the best side of that deal. I might even ask for a couple other players too and the 2016 bills 1st rounder on top of this.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Re: Rumor: The San Diego Chargers Gave Doug Whaley A Phone Call About Trading For Riv

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
      this won't ever happen. we don't have enough to give up for rivers. you don't trade a QB without getting one in return. so this is what i'd want if i was the chargers.

2) Darius

that's what my price for Rivers would be, and if i'm San Diego i'm still not sure i'd be getting the best side of that deal. I might even ask for a couple other players too and the 2016 bills 1st rounder on top of this.
      That's way too much to expect from a 33 year old QB who has made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        That's way too much to expect from a 33 year old QB who has made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.
        And in addition that QB has said he will not sign a new contract unless he is assured the Chargers won't move to LA.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

2) Darius

That's insane. If Rivers was 28 years old, maybe. Rivers will be 34. Dareus is a straight up stud, MVP level, who is in his prime. Dareus for Rivers would be somewhat fair, but definitely advantage Chargers. Casell and EJ are inconsequential to the Chargers. They wouldn't even want either of them.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

2) Darius

No NFL team would pay that for a 33 year old QB. If their demands are remotely like that Rivers will not be traded. Period.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
              And in addition that QB has said he will not sign a new contract unless he is assured the Chargers won't move to LA.
              It's really nice to hear these rumors about moving coming from other teams besides Buffalo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

2) Darius

Keep in mind that, if the rumors are true, they may be in a franchise tag/holdout situation with him in a year if they don't move him. While dealing him for picks might not capture his value, getting into a public contract bloodbath is something to avoid and lowers his value.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

ok 2 more questions? Why does he hate LA and why are the Chargers moving there?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                    It's a larger version of Buffalo's fruit belt & a huge TV audience.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

I have not heard why Rivers hates L.A. but he does. Maybe the gang violence there? Or the traffic? Or both.

The Chargers have not been able to get a new stadium built in S.D. so they are looking to LA for a new Stadium to move to.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

I have not heard why Rivers hates L.A. but he does. Maybe the gang violence there? Or the traffic? Or both.

The Chargers have not been able to get a new stadium built in S.D. so they are looking to LA for a new Stadium to move to.
                        Read his bio. You'll figure it out. LA is the exact opposite of the type of place he wants to raise his kids. It's Sodom and Gomorrah.

This seems like a crazy conversation to be having about an NFL football player, but Rivers is a very different kind of guy, and that's the only reason for having it. In fact, it's the impetus behind the trade discussions.
                        Last edited by WagonCircler; 04-28-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

This kind of thing sucks for the league. LA failed with the Rams and failed with the Raiders. Now they're going to have 2 teams gamble their futures in the same building in LA? Yeah that was the coliseum which is awful but I'm not sold it's not partly just LA. If I was from SD I'd be disgusted. Why do the owners there have trouble building a new stadium? Because they want the public to pay for it? If so, fist clenched middle finger extended.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

This kind of thing sucks for the league. LA failed with the Rams and failed with the Raiders. Now they're going to have 2 teams gamble their futures in the same building in LA? Yeah that was the coliseum which is awful but I'm not sold it's not partly just LA. If I was from SD I'd be disgusted. Why do the owners there have trouble building a new stadium? Because they want the public to pay for it? If so, fist clenched middle finger extended.
                            I keep pointing this out everytime it's brought up, but LA hasn't built a new football stadium since the Great Depression. People ***** about how old the Ralph is on here, and insist we need a new field? The LA Coliseum is a half-century older.

Now, I'm not sure either stadium plan will actually come to fruition, but having teams in an actual NFL quality stadium that is not in a crack-filled shooting gallery neighborhood will go a long way towards fixing the attendance blues.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              I keep pointing this out everytime it's brought up, but LA hasn't built a new football stadium since the Great Depression. People ***** about how old the Ralph is on here, and insist we need a new field? The LA Coliseum is a half-century older.

Now, I'm not sure either stadium plan will actually come to fruition, but having teams in an actual NFL quality stadium that is not in a crack-filled shooting gallery neighborhood will go a long way towards fixing the attendance blues.
                              Well, the attendance would be great while LA has a shiny new toy to play with.

But when the shine fades off, if a NFL team in LA does not win, I would expect attendance to drop like a rock.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                                • Oct 2011

Well, the attendance would be great while LA has a shiny new toy to play with.

But when the shine fades off, if a NFL team in LA does not win, I would expect attendance to drop like a rock.
                                Unlike Buffalo & Green Bay, can't this be said of most places ??

Comment

Working...
                                X