Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: The San Diego Chargers Gave Doug Whaley A Phone Call About Trading For Rivers

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rumor: The San Diego Chargers Gave Doug Whaley A Phone Call About Trading For Riv

You'd better believe in God if you have seven children.

2. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rumor: The San Diego Chargers Gave Doug Whaley A Phone Call About Trading For Riv

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    this won't ever happen. we don't have enough to give up for rivers. you don't trade a QB without getting one in return. so this is what i'd want if i was the chargers.

1) matt cassel/ej manual (maybe both)
    2) Darius
    3) the whole bills 2015 draft

that's what my price for Rivers would be, and if i'm San Diego i'm still not sure i'd be getting the best side of that deal. I might even ask for a couple other players too and the 2016 bills 1st rounder on top of this.
    That's not realistic either.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Notacon: I live in Atlanta. I am aware that other places have their good and bad points.
    I don't agree with your negative assessment of Buffalo.

5. Post thanked by:

better days (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    "Blinded by hate"?!?!? No, not at all. My eyes are WIDE open by honesty and reality. The people that are infected with Buffalo Rationalization Syndrome are the "blind" ones. They are stuck in one of the worst cities in the country and they have to keep on rationalizing on why they don't get up and move.

Actually, life is very, very good to me. I have a second home in the Southwest and haven't had to put up with the UnGodly bad WNY winters for three years and haven't had to put up with the even WORSE Buffalo winters since I made the best move of my life and left Buffalo in 1991. It's wonderful. I can't wait until I can move out of WNY altogether (still have my mother-in-law that refuses to leave "wonderful" Buffalo) and I have implored my kids to get the hell out of there so they can have real opportunity and enjoyment of where they live.

To help encourage them I have shown them much of the US. I travel for a living and have found that there are many, many great places to live and raise a family that don't have the terrible weather of Buffalo and the crumbing and dismal landscape. Maybe Pegula will help turn downtown Buffalo around. I'm not holding my breath. So many areas have the same challenges s Buffalo but have not sat on their hands and done literally nothing to take advantage of the good parts.

Rt190 on the waterfront is a travesty. Downtown is deserted wasteland. Top notch University of Buffalo's north campus is a dungeon and looks and feels more like a prison than a college. The subway to nowhere is useless. The waterfront near downtown is disgusting. The Peace Bridge is crumbling. Delaware Park is a **** hole. The East side is still a collection of rat infested dumps. My old neighborhoods are ugly and almost unlivable.

I'm not angry either. Just because I am honest enough to look at Buffalo and state what everyone else in the country knows is not "anger", it's truthfulness. Truthfulness that the weak minded cannot comprehend.

BTW...about the only good thing Buffalo has got going for it is lower real estate prices. That too is a perfect illustration that what I say is true as can be. It's called "supply and demand". Real Estate prices are low because few people want to live there. In San Diego the prices are higher because there is limited supply (limited by the ocean) and tons of people want to live there. I, personally, don't like San Diego, but I can certainly understand why people love it there. The market has spoken. Buffalo is for sale...crap is always cheap.

Anyway...I bring this up every so often because this is an opinion board and i like to state my opinions. Buffalo sucks. It has sucked for some time, and will continue to suck until Global Warming moves the tropics up that far north.

The idea that someone like Philip Rivers would want to move to Buffalo for the rest of his life is silly, and these rumors just illustrate how delusional most residents of this city are.

I feel sorry for you that you just cannot accept the truth. Maybe one day you will have the opportunity to move and then your eyes will be uncovered to stark reality.
    You need therapy

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, the attendance would be great while LA has a shiny new toy to play with.

But when the shine fades off, if a NFL team in LA does not win, I would expect attendance to drop like a rock.
    The Lakers sold out nearly every game this year, a year where they were complete garbage and only won 21 games. I don't know why you have such an axe to grind against LA fans.

FWIW, if USC and UCLA were both NFL teams, they would both be Top 10 in attendance. Yet, they would still have blackouts because their stadiums are so freaking huge.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Unlike Buffalo & Green Bay, can't this be said of most places ??
    Buffalo doesn't get to pull this card any more. We've had multiple artificial sellouts in the last few years.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    The Lakers sold out nearly every game this year, a year where they were complete garbage and only won 21 games. I don't know why you have such an axe to grind against LA fans.

FWIW, if USC and UCLA were both NFL teams, they would both be Top 10 in attendance. Yet, they would still have blackouts because their stadiums are so freaking huge.

Buffalo doesn't get to pull this card any more. We've had multiple artificial sellouts in the last few years.
    I did not realize the NBA drew 60,000 plus to a game.

And LA is an NBA town as well.

LA is NOT an NFL town & it would take decades to cultivate a passionate NFL fan base for an LA team.

And Buffalo is setting season ticket sales records this year.
    Last edited by better days; 04-28-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And the fact LA supports NCAA football as much as it does would be a hindrance to an NFL team there, not a positive.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Buffalo is to make a deal with the Chargers it would be like this. We would have to secure the #1 or #2 overall pick. In a prearranged deal the bills trade this years draft to either Tampa or Tennessee along with the number 17 pick they would get from San deigo for being able to trade us Rivers for the #1 or #2 overall pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,698 Times in 7,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    It's hilarious how you seem to think I actually give a **** what you say about anything.

You're exactly the type of piece of **** worthless human being Rivers is trying to get away from.
    Oh dear. What makes me "worthless" and the type of person "Rivers is trying to get away from"??? Curious. Just because I have the temerity to speak the truth about Buffalo?!?!? And to call your bull**** what it is...bull****!

It's hilarious how you seem to think that anyone actually gives a **** what you say about anything. Talk about angry people. You have got to be the angriest, and most cringe worthy poster here.

Answer the question. Do you support and defend Bush's torture policy?

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Must have been fondled by a priest in a catholic church in buffalo.
    Why?? Because I have the temerity to speak the truth about Buffalo and what it means to be a Catholic where i think one can practice their faith anywhere? Jesus. That's pretty warped when you have to bring sexual molestation into the discussion. Sick and perverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Notacon: I live in Atlanta. I am aware that other places have their good and bad points.
    I don't agree with your negative assessment of Buffalo.
    I think Buffalo is better place to live than Atlanta. I have the unfortunate duty of visiting Atlanta the end of this week. I'd rather live in Buffalo than Atlanta. Of course, you are correct. Every place has good and bad points. I believe that Buffalo's bad points outweigh their good...by a large margin. You are certainly feee to disagree. Some seem to think some very strange things when they don't agree with someone's opinion....like this poster...

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    You need therapy
    Really?!?!?! Just because I express a well thought out, reasoned and fact based opinion and have the temerity to express it...I need "therapy"?!?!? What exactly for?
    Last edited by notacon; 04-28-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneblitser View Post
    If Buffalo is to make a deal with the Chargers it would be like this. We would have to secure the #1 or #2 overall pick. In a prearranged deal the bills trade this years draft to either Tampa or Tennessee along with the number 17 pick they would get from San deigo for being able to trade us Rivers for the #1 or #2 overall pick.
    It is not like Winston or Mariota is a sure fire can't miss NFL Starter.

Chances are the QB class will be better next year than this year.

I think Cassel or EJ as a bridge QB for this year & the Bills #1 pick in 2016 & 2017 could get the job done if the Chargers want to trade Rivers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I did not realize the NBA drew 60,000 plus to a game.
    I did not realize that the NFL had to sell 41 home games, including dozens on weeknights.

LA is NOT an NFL town & it would take decades to cultivate a passionate NFL fan base for an LA team.
    LA has never had an NFL quality stadium. Look back at the threads complaining about the Ralph and then add another 50 years of wear and tear to it.

And Buffalo is setting season ticket sales records this year.
    Yeah, THIS year. When we have a new owner, a new coach, are coming off our first winning season in 10 years, and were one of the biggest spenders in the offseason. In the depths of the Gailey/Jauron years, there were a lot of threatened blackouts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And the fact LA supports NCAA football as much as it does would be a hindrance to an NFL team there, not a positive.
    LA is enormous, more than large enough to support all 3.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LA is enormous, more than large enough to support all 3.
    Yes, LA has a large population.

It is a population composed of haves & have nots.

The haves can fill an NBA arena. And it is a passionate Laker fan base.

As is the fan base for the NCAA football teams in LA a passionate fan base.

LA is also composed of many transients who root for the NFL team from where they are from & they watch that team on the Sunday ticket.

As I said it would take decades to develop a passionate fan base for an LA NFL team.

And the NEW Owner will keep the Bills relevant & fans will continue to support the Bills in Buffalo just as we did through the WORST of times.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And I think LA would have the same problems Tampa & Miami have in regards to fan support.

If either the Bucs or Fins are WINNING, the stadium will be filled with fans of that team.

But if they are losing both stadiums are EMPTY.

And the reason for that is both areas are composed of transients that follow the team from the area they moved from.

The Sports bars in Fla are FILLED on Sundays with fans of MANY different teams.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh dear. What makes me "worthless" and the type of person "Rivers is trying to get away from"??? Curious. Just because I have the temerity to speak the truth about Buffalo?!?!? And to call your bull**** what it is...bull****!

It's hilarious how you seem to think that anyone actually gives a **** what you say about anything. Talk about angry people. You have got to be the angriest, and most cringe worthy poster here.

Why?? Because I have the temerity to speak the truth about Buffalo and what it means to be a Catholic where i think one can practice their faith anywhere? Jesus. That's pretty warped when you have to bring sexual molestation into the discussion. Sick and perverted.

I think Buffalo is better place to live than Atlanta. I have the unfortunate duty of visiting Atlanta the end of this week. I'd rather live in Buffalo than Atlanta. Of course, you are correct. Every place has good and bad points. I believe that Buffalo's bad points outweigh their good...by a large margin. You are certainly feee to disagree. Some seem to think some very strange things when they don't agree with someone's opinion....like this poster...

Really?!?!?! Just because I express a well thought out, reasoned and fact based opinion and have the temerity to express it...I need "therapy"?!?!? What exactly for?
    Call a psychiatrist now.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would waterboard the **** out of you. The world would be a better place.

I wish I still lived in Atlanta. I'd take care of that in a heartbeat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

[QUOTE=better days;4088704]Yes, LA has a large population.

It is a population composed of haves & have nots.

The haves can fill an NBA arena. And it is a passionate Laker fan base.

As is the fan base for the NCAA football teams in LA a passionate fan base.

LA is also composed of many transients who root for the NFL team from where they are from & they watch that team on the Sunday ticket.
    Are cities like New York and Chicago not full of transplants? Or, for that matter places like Dallas, Denver, and Phoenix?
    Google some pictures of when the 49ers played in Dallas a year ago.

And the NEW Owner will keep the Bills relevant & fans will continue to support the Bills in Buffalo just as we did through the WORST of times.
    But we didn't. The fan support for this team started to waver in recent years. Pegula righted a flagging ship. To some extent this is an issue faced by the whole NFL though.

And I think LA would have the same problems Tampa & Miami have in regards to fan support.

If either the Bucs or Fins are WINNING, the stadium will be filled with fans of that team.

But if they are losing both stadiums are EMPTY.

And the reason for that is both areas are composed of transients that follow the team from the area they moved from.

The Sports bars in Fla are FILLED on Sundays with fans of MANY different teams.
    Many cities are having problems. Green Bay needed an artificial sellout to avoid a blackout in the playoffs.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,585 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rivers would be a nice get, my offer is the rest of our 2015 draft.

2,3,5 ect. ect.
    33*60*95*128*141*144*160*163*204*221

22. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Rivers would be a nice get, my offer is the rest of our 2015 draft.

2,3,5 ect. ect.
    That would be great for the Bills, insane for the Bolts.

24. Post thanked by:

swiper (04-28-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    That would be great for the Bills, insane for the Bolts.
    I agree. The Chargers need to get a 1st round pick somewhere in the mix. If they don't, then they need an established player. I doubt they give up a top 10 QB for anything less. Well, I can't believe they're willing to trade Rivers in the first place, but I guess stranger things have happened.