Thread: NFL Scout Notes on OL Propsects

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

NFL Scout Notes on OL Propsects

Annually Bob McGinn gets the best inside info on what NFL teams think about NFL prospects. Here are his rankings and notes on the top OL prospects:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...301296461.html

1. ANDRUS PEAT, Stanford (6-7, 315, 5.21, 1): Third-year junior. "He's what I call a beautiful athlete," one scout said. "So smooth. Really impressive physically. I compared him to Tyron Smith. Great pass protector. Just not that powerful at this age." Started 27 games at LT the past two seasons after rotating as a freshman in 2012. "He's got damn good feet but... the last bowl game against Maryland he looked like (expletive)," another scout said. "He's the No. 1 guy but he's never been pushed. He doesn't have any core strength. He doesn't take hard coaching."
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

2. Post thanked by:

cookie G (04-26-2015),Ed (04-27-2015),Night Train (04-26-2015),swiper (04-26-2015),TedMock (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: NFL Scout Notes on OL Propsects

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Annually Bob McGinn gets the best inside info on what NFL teams think about NFL prospects. Here are his rankings and notes on the top OL prospects:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...301296461.html
    One comment that you can't help notice was the one below not so much the player but how we like "size guys". It's true especially recently if you study the guys we've brought in. Whaley joined the staff in 2010 and here's the O-lineman we've drafted since then, At OT it's been Cyrus Kouandjio, Seantrel Henderson, Cordy Glenn, Zebrie Sanders, Chris Hairston, Edward Wang and Kyle Calloway and OG Cyril Richardson and Mark Asper. All of which were at least 6'5" and weighted in the 315, You could also look at his UFA pick ups. Incognito and Chris Williams both in at over 315 with Ritchie on the "short side" at 6'3". So it might not bode well for my thought we'd go after Miller and Gallik who are on the smaller side of things.

8. COREY ROBINSON, South Carolina (6-6 ½, 321, 5.30, 2-3): Compared by one scout to Chargers LT King Dunlap. "He's a monster," said one scout. "Some people like big. Buffalo goes big. He's not a great foot athlete but I don't know if you have to be when you're a monster." Compared by another scout to Bills RT Seantrel Henderson.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 04-26-2015 at 08:56 AM.

4. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ALI MARPET, Hobart (N.Y.) (6-4, 304, 5.00, 3): Easily the best NCAA Division III prospect in the draft. "He found out what Division I football was like at the Senior Bowl," one scout said. "Thing I liked about him, he was competitive. But I don't know if he's good enough to play." Three-year starter at LT but often practiced at center in 2013-'14. Played LG and LT at Senior Bowl and might have been the best O-lineman there. "For a guy who had no technique and didn't know what he was doing, he went and more than held his own," said another scout. "I could see him in the third round, but it's all a guess." Scored 33 on the Wonderlic. Compared by one scout to C-G Joe Berger of the Vikings. "My immediate comparison was JC Tretter, and I think he's better than JC," a third scout said. "He blew up the combine. This kid has passed every test. He has a tremendous amount of upside." From Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y.
    I think he's a Bills target.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

IMO, Bills will be selecting 2 of them..at least.

Thanks DB. Good find.

8. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A draft expert said on WGR last week this is a "so-so" class for offensive linemen and by the time the Bills get to picking in the 2nd Round the OL that will be left will be "meh"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    A draft expert said on WGR last week this is a "so-so" class for offensive linemen and by the time the Bills get to picking in the 2nd Round the OL that will be left will be "meh"
    Then it may be DB (CB,S) or LB higher. I'm fine with that. No QB.

I still like some OL not mentioned like C/G Max Garcia of Florida. Jamon Brown of Louisville played both OT positions but looks like a future Guard. Might not have the good feet to slide at OT but just pushes his man straight ahead in the running game. Good Saturday ideas.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Then it may be DB (CB,S) or LB higher. I'm fine with that. No QB.

I still like some OL not mentioned like C/G Max Garcia of Florida. Jamon Brown of Louisville played both OT positions but looks like a future Guard. Might not have the good feet to slide at OT but just pushes his man straight ahead in the running game. Good Saturday ideas.
    I honestly think this draft is not worthy of a weep no matter what they do, it was something about something. It's one of those years where they do stuff about stuff and it won't change much so you shrug and get gleeful about potential.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I honestly think this draft is not worthy of a weep no matter what they do, it was something about something. It's one of those years where they do stuff about stuff and it won't change much so you shrug and get gleeful about potential.
    Knowing there was no first round pick, Bills went heavy in Vet Free Agency and it was the best effort in the NFL.

This coming weekend is solidfying the depth, without a crying need for a savior type that doesn't exist anyhow. Cassel/Manuel/Taylor is our QB lot this year. Nothing will change that. 2016 will be the QB year.

OL, DB (CB/S), LB look like the targets but we'll see. We'll probably find 3-4 guys that can help.

13. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015)