Thread: I Like Chris Simms' Mock For Friday

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I Like Chris Simms' Mock For Friday

I'm fine with finding some OL help on Saturday but this would deliver us 2 impact players.

Bleacher Report, Chris Simms – Ultimate draft plan (Video) - Bills picks
    No. 50 – S Jarquiski Tartt, Samford
    Simms’ analysis – “I am a big fan of this kid. 6-2, 221 pounds. Very good in coverage, You want a strong safety that can play in the box, Tartt is certainly capable of doing that. He’s very good in space and a good open field tackler. And he’s a thumper as well. But what really stands out to me is that he’s a really good in coverage. He’s very fluid ... he can break on the ball. I was shocked by what I saw on film. He’s a talented guy and certainly can play in the Rex Ryan scheme.”
    No. 81 – LB/DE Nate Orchard, Utah
    Simms’ analysis – “The Bills are going to continue to re-shape this Rex Ryan defense to fit the 3-4 scheme that he has run the last few years in New York. That’s why I like Nate Orchard from Utah. I think he can be a defensive end/outside linebacker. Rex Ryan loves to have those types of guys.”

Tartt stould out at the Senior Bowl. Flys to the ball and hits like a truck. No fear.

Orchard brings immediate pressure to the QB and lines up on either end and in the middle of the field as a LB. 18 1/2 sacks this past season. Has an insane work ethic and balls to the wall style on every snap.

I'd love a Friday like this. Simms has been really promoting the Bills moves this off-season.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015),Ginger Vitis (04-27-2015),Jan Reimers (04-28-2015),Lone Stranger (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I Like Chris Simms' Mock For Friday

I've been leaning toward Tartt myself. I don't think Orchard will still be there in the third. I'd be OK if things shook out that way, though.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For whatever reason I do believe the Bills are going best player available. So a mock draft to me is irrelevant when you are at 50 and 81.

The Bills need a Tackle in a big way. Cordy Glenn is gone after this season.

5. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    For whatever reason I do believe the Bills are going best player available. So a mock draft to me is irrelevant when you are at 50 and 81.

I'm just guessing but I tend to think Gilmore might be the odd man out since there seems to be a boatload of CB's in every draft and Vet FA that can play.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    I'm just guessing but I tend to think Gilmore might be the odd man out since there seems to be a boatload of CB's in every draft and Vet FA that can play.
    Don't we have Gilmore for another year anyway? Iirc, they've already said they were taking up his option, so does that mean he's signed through 2016? Spotrac says his contract expires in 2016. He's got 3 years experience on a 4 year deal, but must have had an option for 5 years in it.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

all mock drafts are irrelevant
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

9. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015),Jry44 (04-27-2015),swiper (04-27-2015),WagonCircler (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post

I think you are underestimating Pegula & his desire to keep good players in Buffalo.

As well as current players desire to stay in Buffalo.

CJ Spiller was counting on the fact that he could resign with the Bills if he did not get a much better offer from another team.

But he did not really want to leave Buffalo. Well, CJ didn't get a better offer than he got from the Bills, but the Bills found a better player.

I think as time goes on, Buffalo is a place players will want to be & Pegula is willing to pay for GOOD players.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buddo View Post
    Don't we have Gilmore for another year anyway? Iirc, they've already said they were taking up his option, so does that mean he's signed through 2016? Spotrac says his contract expires in 2016. He's got 3 years experience on a 4 year deal, but must have had an option for 5 years in it.
    Yes, the Bills picked up the 5th year option on Gilmore.

12. Post thanked by:

Night Train (04-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks for the heads up on Gilmore.

I don't think Glenn is going to command some sort of Jason Peters deal but I guess we'll see. My thinking the the sheer size of the Dareus deal, unless something happens this year and it never comes about. If Dareus plays like he did in 2014, then he gets his deal here.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (04-27-2015),Mace (04-27-2015),WagonCircler (04-27-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on Gilmore.

I don't think Glenn is going to command some sort of Jason Peters deal but I guess we'll see. My thinking the the sheer size of the Dareus deal, unless something happens this year and it never comes about. If Dareus plays like he did in 2014, then he gets his deal here.
    In 2016, Mario, Kyle and Harvin (if he works out) become excellent candidates for cap fiddling extensions, handful of possible not necessaries to save more with Graham, Lawson, Chris Williams, Boobie, McKelvin and Urbik pre June 1 (I think). Some creativity could comfortably keep Glenn and Dareus. I have to look at New Orleans and how they mostly keep managing fine with creativity.

16. Post thanked by:

better days (04-28-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    all mock drafts are irrelevant
    Mock drafts are the biggest wastes of time and data on the internet. And it's gotten beyond ridiculous since the draft has been moved back!

18. Post thanked by:

better days (04-28-2015),swiper (04-28-2015)