X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: When does Whaley get accountability....

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
    It's so ****ing funny to see one of the self-proclaimed voices of reason give credit to Whaley for 9-7 over the head coach. It's the easy (and stupid perhaps) pov to take swings at the ex-head coach. MAYBE he was the one who knew what he was doing and everyone else was clueless. Namely Whaley. YOU don't know. Schwartz was quiet on the topic. If the Bills don't reach 9-7 then some of you idiots have a lot of back-pedaling to do.

Marrone actually coached the players.

Whaley gave you EJ Manuel (failure), Kuoandijo (failure), Richardson (failure), and sold the farm to give you Watkins. If he's not at least suspect as GM, then you don't have a clue.
    Marrone apologists here. All of your posts from here on out have no value.

Comment

• Jry44
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
      Its was a sixth round pick for Williams. Who cares.
      Exactly. I just don't get how people get so worked up over late round draft picks that have a very slim chance of making the roster to begin with....

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
        Exactly. I just don't get how people get so worked up over late round draft picks that have a very slim chance of making the roster to begin with....
        I wouldn't exactly say I'm "worked up", but that pick is another maybe as opposed to the certainty you spent it for nothing. By your reasoning, why even bother drafting anyone past a certain round ? Um, because people do, to get another maybe, instead of not getting another maybe.

Previous coaching staff, yes, previous, didn't even attempt to get any value from it. That's not a big indicator Marrone/Whaley were ever on the same page.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
          We just signed a guy that was suspended basically a year for bullying his team-mate and Greg Hardy was signed after choke slamming his girl on a pile of guns. If he was good, he would have a contract.
          Well, Incognito & Hardy are both GREAT, not good but GREAT players & both the Bills & Cowboys were desperate for their services.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Whaley has been very good. Two whiffs in brown and ej. We needed a qb so I don't blame him there we were basically forced into ej or geno. Brown was a 4th round pick so that's not a big deal to me either. Could we have been better without Brown? Probably, but no gm is 100%.

Mike Williams was completely ruined by Marrone and his dumb personality. There's no telling what would have happened if a real headcoach were here with Williams. Marrone didnt start him, whaley was forced to cut him and then marrone quit like a month later. Lol what a dick. He was only a 6th round pick too.

His home runs have been big in hughes, seantrel, moving back to mitigate the ej pick and selecting kiko. Turning 2 acl kiko into second best rb in the league. Those are pretty huge wins.

Whaley is the man thank god we have a competent young gm. Anybody who can't see that he's the best gm we have had since Polian isn't watching the same thing I am.
            Last edited by Buffalogic; 05-04-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Yupp. Bills have a good young GM and people want to run him off. ****ing dumb.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Never. No one in this organization ever has accountability...until they're gone.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post

this team has gone nowhere but up since Whaley became GM.
                  Agreed.

There are several reasons why the team has improved over the last couple years, and he is a big one.

Would you rather have Brandon making personnel decisions again?

Sheesh!

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

It's so ****ing funny to see one of the self-proclaimed voices of reason give credit to Whaley for 9-7 over the head coach. It's the easy (and stupid perhaps) pov to take swings at the ex-head coach. MAYBE he was the one who knew what he was doing and everyone else was clueless. Namely Whaley. YOU don't know. Schwartz was quiet on the topic. If the Bills don't reach 9-7 then some of you idiots have a lot of back-pedaling to do.

Whaley gave you EJ Manuel (failure), Kuoandijo (failure), Richardson (failure), and sold the farm to give you Watkins. If he's not at least suspect as GM, then you don't have a clue.
                    I said you can just as easily give Whaley some credit as you could "hold him accountable." That's what I actually said.

I also said give it time...the guy has been GM for not even two whole off-seasons yet. He's done some good things too. Everybody is going to miss on some.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      Agreed.

There are several reasons why the team has improved over the last couple years, and he is a big one.

Would you rather have Brandon making personnel decisions again?

Sheesh!
                      Whaley misses on some, like the 2nd round OT from Alabama last year ( all GM's miss a few) but I'll still give him another chance this camp. Manuel was all Nix as a gift from Ralph and Brandon out the door. Several insiders told me that to be fact.

Yet Whaley has delivered big in FA signings in the last year. Not just throwing big $$ at the obvious guys with Pegula's $$ but quickly signing others who helped us immediately with big plays (Thigpen,Rambo,Gray and more). ST's went from rock bottom back to the top.

He didn't waste a pick in a horrid QB year and did the wise thing to aquire a couple Vets ( Cassel,Taylor ) who may actually have the ability to deliver the ball to the abundance of skill players we now have.

I have zero issues with Whaley.

I had lots of issues with the Ralph (Littman)/Brandon/Nix 3 headed monster.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Whaley's aggressiveness and willingness to take chances is a breath of fresh air. I like what he's done so far, and am not going to condemn him for a few misses, regardless of the position.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          Well, Incognito & Hardy are both GREAT, not good but GREAT players & both the Bills & Cowboys were desperate for their services.

Incognito is a great (not good) player?

WTF is wrong with you?

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

marrone's specialty was O line and guys like Eric Wood who had been servicable looked lost under marrone's tutelage. i think marrone carries a lot of the issues with the team. the d wasn't his. the players selected for it wasn't his. and he just passed it off so he could focus on the line and offense. both of which had mild levels of success despite him. there was no consistency.

that doesn't make whaley GM of the year. it could be that whaley isn't long for this gig either. and both would be failures.

i really think this is whaley's year to prove he has provided enough talent to take a step forward.

Comment

• mightysimi
                              Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Alright we can agree to disagree and re-visit after week 1.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                                Marrone apologists here. All of your posts from here on out have no value.
                                Swipers posts never had any value

Comment

Working...
                                X