• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Dolphins follow suit. Send Philbin and 3 former LSU teammates to recruit Collins (including Kelvin Sheppard).

LINK
    Last edited by swiper; 05-05-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      Are you positive about that rule? I'm pretty sure that you can't be drafted twice. Otherwise in the history of NFL draft there had to have been a player not happy with falling in the rounds and not sign just to try again the following year. It has never happened once.
      I believe the reason no one drafted him is because they all got a call from Goodell encouraging them to pass. They said something to this regard in one of the draft broadcasts - suggesting that.

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
        Yes, the woman spoke to the police. She gave a deposition of what she says happened.

Winston & Darby also spoke to the police & gave depositions.

The police did not see fit to charge Winston with a crime.
        So in your mind that equals Winston didn't rape her? Yeah ok. In this country rape on college campuses is an epidemic, also in the military. It's not even reported in many cases because the woman knows the ordeal she'll have to go through and unless the investigation is handled just right the perp often walks or isn't charged. Could she be a gold digger that just made the story up for a pay day? Sure it's possible. Just not likely. Statistically the odds of a falsely reported rape in the US are < 10%. Yet we assume a self entitled punk that stole crab legs is telling the truth? I think he raped her. Not charged doesn't equal innocent.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          I believe the reason no one drafted him is because they all got a call from Goodell encouraging them to pass. They said something to this regard in one of the draft broadcasts - suggesting that.
          I understand, but that is not my point. I'm saying that he cannot reenter the draft in 2016. I don't believe any players has ever done that, go undrafted and enter the draft again the following year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I think he's innocent................ if he signs with the bills.

If he signs with the Dolphins give him the CHAIR! No questions asked.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
              So in your mind that equals Winston didn't rape her? Yeah ok. In this country rape on college campuses is an epidemic, also in the military. It's not even reported in many cases because the woman knows the ordeal she'll have to go through and unless the investigation is handled just right the perp often walks or isn't charged. Could she be a gold digger that just made the story up for a pay day? Sure it's possible. Just not likely. Statistically the odds of a falsely reported rape in the US are < 10%. Yet we assume a self entitled punk that stole crab legs is telling the truth? I think he raped her. Not charged doesn't equal innocent.
              I don't know the facts to that story but Winston sure seems like a self-entitled punk like you said.

I saw his interview with Jim Harbaugh when asked about the crab legs, he said his buddy who worked there just gave it to him and he thought that was OK. Really? Did he think his buddy owned Publilx or something? A guy that works behind the counter doesn't have the authority to give away free products. Yet Winston isn't smart enough to even consider that. Punk ass.

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

I understand, but that is not my point. I'm saying that he cannot reenter the draft in 2016. I don't believe any players has ever done that, go undrafted and enter the draft again the following year.
                Because it's not allowed.

Originally posted by wgr
                Since Collins went undrafted, he cannot re-enter the 2016 draft.
                LINK

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

@ArmandoSalguero: Dolphins coach Joe Philbin is not visiting La'el Collins in Baton Rouge or anywhere else. Neither are Mike Tannenbaum nor Dennis Hickey.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    Because it's not allowed.

LINK
                    That's what I thought.

Comment

• deathadder
                      • Mar 2003

Are you positive about that rule? I'm pretty sure that you can't be drafted twice. Otherwise in the history of NFL draft there had to have been a player not happy with falling in the rounds and not sign just to try again the following year. It has never happened once.

If a player gets drafted and doesn't sign with the team, he goes back into the draft. The team has exclusive rights for one year for that player. Now since Collins is a UDFA, he can't re-enter the draft because he was never drafted.
                      Last edited by deathadder; 05-05-2015, 11:54 AM.
                      http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• deathadder
                        • Mar 2003

Here's an article that explains that collins would need to have been drafted to re-enter the draft in 2016

The confusing case of LSU tackle La'el Collins has clarity in one major respect: If Collins isn't drafted on Saturday, he can't re-enter the draft in 2016.
                        http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                          • Aug 2013

This is why you bring in coaches like Ryan. They have experience working the media in delicate situations like this and they have the star power to bring in players who would normally have gone elsewhere.

Comment

• jills
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                            This is why you bring in coaches like Ryan. They have experience working the media in delicate situations like this and they have the star power to bring in players who would normally have gone elsewhere.
                            Like Bulaga and McCown?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by jills View Post
                              Like Bulaga and McCown?
                              Bahahahaha. Yeah great loss there.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                                • Mar 2006

I don't know the facts to that story but Winston sure seems like a self-entitled punk like you said.

I saw his interview with Jim Harbaugh when asked about the crab legs, he said his buddy who worked there just gave it to him and he thought that was OK. Really? Did he think his buddy owned Publilx or something? A guy that works behind the counter doesn't have the authority to give away free products. Yet Winston isn't smart enough to even consider that. Punk ass.

Not to mention that it's a different tune than the one he sang when caught. He said he forgot to pay. Then changed the story to Harbaugh. Free crab legs is an impermissible benefit, and an NCAA violation.

So, you have an athlete who has done nothing but display a sense of entitlement and an affinity for changing his story. But the Tallahassee Police Department (proven Seminole football supporters) saw no reason to even question him immediately following the charge. They set about a smear campaign to discredit the young lady to protect the program.
                                The TPD should be cratered for the cover up lengths they'll go to to protect the Football team.

Different example, but If I had left the scene of an accident, only to return an hour (and without everyone in the vehicle) later, I wouldn't have gotten a slap on the hand like Darby did.

The bottom line being, consequences and repercussions help formulate the person you will become. What kind of person will you be if you feel as though the rules do not apply to you? And you have the financial wherewithal to do whatever you want?

Darren Sharper???

Man of the year, pillar of the community...Apex Predator.
                                Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

Working...
                                X