Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneblitser View Post
    Read two post up from yours. I beleave the NFL blackballed this kid from the draft and told teams to stay away from him.
    The unsanctioned meeting meant that his agents weren't informed of it before Rex went to speak to Collins. Nothing to do with any bans or anything. Itsa a possibility Rex or the Bills could be fined if CBA states that he wasn't following the rules in contacting collins agent before speaking to him.
    http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

2. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-05-2015)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm sure 31 other teams are talking to him as well.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by deathadder View Post
    The unsanctioned meeting meant that his agents weren't informed of it before Rex went to speak to Collins. Nothing to do with any bans or anything. Itsa a possibility Rex or the Bills could be fined if CBA states that he wasn't following the rules in contacting collins agent before speaking to him.
    I bet a million dollars it won't take three plus month's to investigate any wrong doing by the bills.

5. Post thanked by:

coastal (05-05-2015),IlluminatusUIUC (05-05-2015),YardRat (05-05-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneblitser View Post
    Read two post up from yours. I beleave the NFL blackballed this kid from the draft and told teams to stay away from him.
    An NFL team should be able to tell the NFL to pound salt if they wanted to draft this kid, especially if it was an 'unofficial ban.' Besides, nobody drafted him. It should be fair game now as he's an UDFA.

Like Deathadder said, it may violate CBA rules if his agent wasn't informed of a meeting. I think that's a stupid rule, though.

7. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,941 Times in 3,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Collins may be looking for a short term deal like 2 years. Because the amount he can be paid is small and the max bonus is small. I have a number of reservations about Rex but salesmanship isn't one of them. Assuming he's not signing Buffalo up to take the lead over NE in murderers this would be a very good start for Rex to deliver Collins to Buffalo.

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What we need here is a little friendly persuasion from a potential future team mate. Can anyone think of anyone that might be a good candidate to send Collins a friendly text or 20,000?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    An NFL team should be able to tell the NFL to pound salt if they wanted to draft this kid, especially if it was an 'unofficial ban.' Besides, nobody drafted him. It should be fair game now as he's an UDFA.

Like Deathadder said, it may violate CBA rules if his agent wasn't informed of a meeting. I think that's a stupid rule, though.
    Thanks. I believe the reason no one wanted to draft him is because he was threatening to go back into the 2016 draft. There is an NFL rule that if he doesn't sign with the team that drafts him, he can elect to go into next years draft. If someone drafted him, he then didn't have to sign and would be thrown back into the draft. Now, since he is a UDFA, there is no possibility of him being thrown back into the draft if he wasn't signed.

12. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    What we need here is a little friendly persuasion from a potential future team mate. Can anyone think of anyone that might be a good candidate to send Collins a friendly text or 20,000?
    Kyle Williams, he went to LSU and loves Buffalo.

14. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Collins may be looking for a short term deal like 2 years.
    All undrafted rookie contracts are 3 years in length per the new CBA. The player can then renegotiate after 2 years in the league.

16. Post thanked by:

better days (05-05-2015),Bill Cody (05-05-2015),YardRat (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    Well, in general I agree. Wait what the justice systems says, although your US systems sucks. But anyway. But waiting holds definitely true for Collins. But the same is not true for Winston. Because there the justice system is already finished, because IIRC the woman did not speak with the police. And that stinks that she was paid off. And in that instance, sorry, I try to steer clear of these guys. And I am very lukewarm with our draft, not because of talent but I think each team can have a few douchebags as long as the locker room is working (i.e. Fred and Kyle kicking their assess if they screw up). But if you get too many douchebags then you will run into problems. And currently it looks like we are specifically targeting douchebags.

And I don't count Collins in that group. At least not yet. He just handled the situation very poorly.
    Yes, the woman spoke to the police. She gave a deposition of what she says happened.

Winston & Darby also spoke to the police & gave depositions.

The police did not see fit to charge Winston with a crime.

The Bucs & Bills read the depositions in the case & did not speak to the girl because they did not think she would have anything further to add.

The girl has not been paid off, but she has filed a civil suit against Winston. If she wins that suit which has a lower threshold of proof than a criminal case the girl will get a lot of money.

As I said before, both the Bucs & the Bills have women involved in the ownership of the team & I don't think either team would draft a player they thought was involved in a rape.

And even with the lower threshold of proof, I doubt the woman wins the civil suit.

Collins is a suspect because in many cases a person is killed by someone they have a relationship with.

And an example of the Bucs not drafting a player of questionable character is Justin Blackmon. The Bucs wanted to draft him but heard he spent a lot of time at a bar near his college campus.

The Bucs sent someone to pose as a customer at that bar to see how often Blackmon went into the bar & how much time he spent there.

Based on what they discovered, the Bucs did not draft Blackmon. The Jags did draft him to their regret.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks. I believe the reason no one wanted to draft him is because he was threatening to go back into the 2016 draft. There is an NFL rule that if he doesn't sign with the team that drafts him, he can elect to go into next years draft. If someone drafted him, he then didn't have to sign and would be thrown back into the draft. Now, since he is a UDFA, there is no possibility of him being thrown back into the draft if he wasn't signed.
    Yeah, his agent really blew it for him.

19. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Yeah, his agent really blew it for him.
    Maybe not. Collins may be better off as an undrafted FA than to be drafted in the 5th rnd or lower.

And I doubt any team would have drafted him higher than the 5th rd if that high because of a murder investigation hanging over his head.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You made this one too easy:

OJ

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Maybe not. Collins may be better off as an undrafted FA than to be drafted in the 5th rnd or lower.

And I doubt any team would have drafted him higher than the 5th rd if that high because of a murder investigation hanging over his head.
    You're right, he absolutely can make out better. Getting his 2nd contract a year sooner has potential to get him significantly more money, but only if he plays very well and didn't actually have a hand in that little murder everyone is talking about.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    You made this one too easy:

OJ
    I guess no one liked my little joke, I was thinking Incognito

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For the last time, there were no charges in the Winston case because there was no investigation until almost a year later.
    Willie Meggs didn't believe he had enough for the conviction ( again because of the TPD botch job), he never said Winston was innocent.

They tried to pay her off, Kinsman isn't budging. Innocent folks do not attempt to pay people off. Winston has a method, there will be more.

Better Days believes she got what was coming to her, because she went to the room. He's a scumbag Bucs homer. Please do not get your information from him.

Do do your own research.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

25. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Terry's plane flew from LA to Buffalo this morning & landed about 1.5 hours ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,413 Times in 1,995 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Was Collins the father of the unborn baby?

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Are you positive about that rule? I'm pretty sure that you can't be drafted twice. Otherwise in the history of NFL draft there had to have been a player not happy with falling in the rounds and not sign just to try again the following year. It has never happened once.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

dammit. i mean yeah too easy
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community