X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Gruden On The Bills QB Competition

Chucky thinks EJ Manuel is a mobile quarterback. I don't agree with that, but he still makes a great point.

Is Manuel mobile? He was forced not to not run last season because he got hurt running the year before.

EJ Manuel is not nearly as mobile as Kaepernick is. He's too big to run like Kaepernick. The only thing they have in common is their inaccuracy throwing the football.

Eagerly anticipating training camp, can't wait. I liked what Gruden was implying.

The quarterback who can make the most plays with their feet is going to win.

It's a great strategy because the days of the one-dimensional pocket passing QB are soon about to end.

When a play breaks down, the QB has to improvise, throw the book out of the window and make a play.

All of the technicalities get erased and the game goes back to how it was played in the backyard: unscripted.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Gruden On The Bills QB Competition

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Chucky thinks EJ Manuel is a mobile quarterback. I don't agree with that, but he still makes a great point.

Is Manuel mobile? He was forced not to not run last season because he got hurt running the year before.

EJ Manuel is not nearly as mobile as Kaepernick is. He's too big to run like Kaepernick. The only thing they have in common is their inaccuracy throwing the football.

Eagerly anticipating training camp, can't wait. I liked what Gruden was implying.

The quarterback who can make the most plays with their feet is going to win.

It's a great strategy because the days of the one-dimensional pocket passing QB are soon about to end.

When a play breaks down, the QB has to improvise, throw the book out of the window and make a play.

All of the technicalities get erased and the game goes back to how it was played in the backyard: unscripted.

Is that your thought, or Gruden's?

Either way, it's stupid. We've got a bunch of running backs and WR's who can make crazy plays with their feet. We need a QB to make plays with his arm.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Is that your thought, or Gruden's?

Either way, it's stupid. We've got a bunch of running backs and WR's who can make crazy plays with their feet. We need a QB to make plays with his arm.
      How did Roman's experiment with Kaepernick making plays with his arm work out last year?

Is a pocket passing QB something Roman wants?

I think he wants a QB who can run and pass too.
      Last edited by BillsImpossible; 05-12-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

I think it's stupid to talk about how much you hate someone without talking about how you're going to beat them.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Roman may want a lot of things, but we don't have a QB who can run like Kaepernick or a line that can block like San Francisco's. He needs to build around what we've got.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
            Roman may want a lot of things, but we don't have a QB who can run like Kaepernick or a line that can block like San Francisco's. He needs to build around what we've got.
            The Bills do have a QB who can run like Kaepernick in Tyrod Taylor.

If he can throw too, he's going to be a superstar in the NFL for many years to come.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

If he can throw too, he's going to be a superstar in the NFL for many years to come.
              Oh come on lol

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I think it's stupid to talk about how much you hate someone without talking about how you're going to beat them.
                False equivalency. Hating someone has nothing to do with ability to beat them.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

The Bills do have a QB who can run like Kaepernick in Tyrod Taylor.
                  I would have thought that the CJ Spiller experience would have shown people that running fast in shorts doesn't make you a great nfl runner.

Kaepernick is one of the best running qbs ever. Taylor isn't even close.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

EJ Manuel doesn't have the "it" from what I've seen in the NFL to consistently make plays on the run. He spins into pressure, gets myopic about his passing options, etc. He did get it done at Florida St, though.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Back on topic. Who really cares what Gruden thinks about QB's ?

He went through them like toilet paper when he coached.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Compare the life/career length of a "running QB" vs a classic drop-back QB.

Running QB may get you 2 to 3 years of running scared before some DT falls on his knee the wrong way.

Let your QB drop back and throw. And direct your offense. Let your RBs/WRs tote the ball. They are infinitely easier to replace once injured. As witnessed in Buffalo having a lack of QB for so long.
                        Last edited by swiper; 05-13-2015, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Topas
                          German smartass
                          • Feb 2014

In theory, I agree with you Swiper. Problem is that the college does produce next to no passing QBs anymore. There was Luck. And who else? I mean it does not even have to be of Lucks quality. But if you look at the top ten passing QBs in the NFL they are pretty much all very old.
                          Each teams wants a passing QB (well maybe not each team, but almost all), but the options are scarce.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Why is anybody worried about the QB position? They spent a gazillion dollars on shiny new toys during free agency, and added a few more in the draft. With all that talent at the skill positions we should be able to coast to the playoffs with the midget trainer taking the snaps.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              Back on topic. Who really cares what Gruden thinks about QB's ?

He went through them like toilet paper when he coached.
                              Adding on to this, if I was Todd McShay I would be beyond pissed that ESPN puts John Gruden on TV on Day 1 of the NFL Draft. You're talking about a guy who spends an entire year trying to come up with catchy phrases for TV v. McShay who spends his whole year watching the players actually getting drafted. I would love to see McShay and Kiper go head to head over the annoyance of Gruden thinking every player drafted is the second coming.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X