• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Re: Bills Sign FB John Conner

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    Oh I hope not. Kiss of Doom. Even wing-T Levy handed the keys to Marchibroda after destroying himself in KC with those. Have to draw a line somewhere.
    Well, I think two things are often received wrongly. And that is that Levy and also Belolicheck failed in their first HC jobs.

If you look at Levy the KC team improved each year from being very bad to average and above, and during the strike year they fell apart. But they were definitely on the upswing and I guess the KC superiors would redo their decision to fire Levy if they can.

Similar for Bellicheck. I hate him more than anybody else. But you have to admit that he got a very bad Browns team and improved them until the went deep in the playoffs. Then there was the decision to move the team and that became public at the beginning of the season and everything went downhill. Ok, IIRC correctly they also had some problems during the year before, but in general he improved the team. Well the Ravens won two Super Bowls, so I guess they are fine. But just look at Bellicheks staff. Many became head coaches from the Browns coaches back then. You can very well argue that he did a good job there.

So to summarize, in my opinion these are misconceptions that Bellicheat and Levy flailed in their first gigs. If you look closely both could have been kept as HC and probably both owners would decide differently when given the chance.

Comment

Working...
    X