Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,930 Times in 13,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I don't even know how to argue this with football fans much less non.

You'd think a heavier ball would be easier to catch and maintain, maybe easier to kick, but harder to throw.

And it still makes no sense to me that the NFL doesn't use standard balls and the refs use multiple gauges and don't maintain custody of the stupid balls, or even why the refs should, the NFL can afford to hire a standard ball guy and backup per game.

To start with, the NFL even lets a guy go into a bathroom with a bag of balls ? What if he gets the poops or has hepatitis or AIDS and gets it all over them. Does that mean the ball guys are regularly health tested and signed off, so then you have to test and sign off their docs, so maybe there is a need for league ball guy physicians ?

Make the stupid balls standard and too damn bad if anyone gripes. Sealed bag, everyone gets the same stupid tested, registered damn balls already and good luck using them. If you can't win using a standard freaking ball get other players who can use it better.
    The rule about footballs was changed after the league was petitioned by 20 qbs to allow them to prep their own footballs. Tom Brady & Peyton Manning represented the qbs.

Since then, NO ONE has complained about it, until Ryan Grigson and his equipment manager decided they needed some help to beat the Patriots and came up with this stunt.

Do you REALLY think that Tom Brady's success is because of slightly deflated footballs? That's ridiculous.

And the question of if they actually DID deflate the footballs for a competitive advantage is still not close to being proved.

Don't get sucked in by the haters, they're deluded and emotionally twisted. Take our friend meathead for example. Over the years he's subjected us to reams and reams of new age spiritual twaddle and centrist baloney, and yet with this issue he's foaming at the mouth and wishing for Tom Brady to be burned at the stake. the rest are just as bad. The guys give me bad memories from my youth, when so many weekend flag football games were ruined by schoolyard lawyers who couldn't even stand to lose a pick up game.

There's something about being a football fan that either brings out, or enables, the worst in some people.

We saw it with spygate and we're seeing it again now.

And it's not just reserved to allegations of cheating. I remember back in the 2003 season, Drew Bledsoe went down with a concussion somewhere around game 12. Drew said he was okay, so they started him in the next game and wham, he goes down with ANOTHER concussion. Two concussions in two weeks. So, since the Bills were out of the playoff picture, I suggested that they sit Bledsoe for the next game and let Travis Brown play.

Well, the haters went cra2y and insisted that because they'd paid good money to buy their tickets, well, dammit, they wanted to see Drew Bledsoe play if there was any way he could drag it out on the field.

I pointed out that concussions are serious and two in consecutive weeks was especially dangerous (this was before the league non-bigoted up to why head injuries needed to be taken seriously) but the haters didn't care, they didn't want to see the backup in the game. And then they started in on me as a prototypical guy who loves the backup QB more than the starter. Jaw dropping.

So, anyway, don't feel that you have to knuckle under to these jagoffs just because they hide behind being a Bills fan. Football is plagued by drunken buffoons and angry losers working out their personal issues while pretending to be fans, but they aren't.

They're only fans of themselves and the opportunity to act out.

And these are the guys that are behind Roger Goodell and Ted Wells, two sorry excuses for human beings.

They deserve each other.
    Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 05-18-2015 at 03:35 AM.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The mistake was allowing the qbs/teams to handle the footballs at all before the game in the first place. Uniformity. What exactly was a qb going to do, exactly, to "prepare" a ball for game time?

3. Post thanked by:

Novacane (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    The mistake was allowing the qbs/teams to handle the footballs at all before the game in the first place. Uniformity. What exactly was a qb going to do, exactly, to "prepare" a ball for game time?
    Still say let the qb play with the pressure they want. Not a big deal. If EJ plays with and 11 psi ball instead of 13 its not going to make a difference. He still is going suck.

5. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    Why do you care about this issue. It makes you look like a hater.

Suck it up, the Super Bowl Champs have owned your team for over 15 years. That's the way it is.

Why did he do it if it didn't help him? Simple question. Answer it!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOL! It's gonna be so funny when Goodell, Wells and Vincent get exposed when this whole thing is overturned.

There's a very good reason why Goodell won't allow an INDEPENDENT arbitrator judge the appeal. Hearing the appeal himself is the only way he can save his sorry ass and rescue the reputations of his two stooges.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Still say let the qb play with the pressure they want. Not a big deal. If EJ plays with and 11 psi ball instead of 13 its not going to make a difference. He still is going suck.
    I guess we'll never know. Brady is the only QB who got caught deflating footballs, so we only have him to compare to.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    I guess we'll never know. Brady is the only QB who got caught deflating footballs, so we only have him to compare to.
    He hasn't been caught doing anything. He's been accused of something and judged "probably" guilty by Goodell's stooge.

Try to be accurate, okay? You won't look quite so bad.

10. Post thanked by:

SmokeShowin (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    He hasn't been caught doing anything. He's been accused of something and judged "probably" guilty by Goodell's stooge.

Try to be accurate, okay? You won't look quite so bad.
    If we're going to be technical about it, he was actually judged as being more than probable of guilt.

Maybe you should try to be accurate, it won't make you look like you want Brady inside you so bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why do you care about this issue. It makes you look like a hater.

Suck it up, the Super Bowl Champs have owned your team for over 15 years. That's the way it is.
    so many times we've heard crap about the integrity of the game as it relates to dancing in the endzone. here is an example where the actual integrity of the game is in question. and frankly it's the tip of the iceberg on how many things they do against the rules. and instead of pointing them out, pats fans want it dismissed.

that's not how the world should work.

you don't have a genius coach. you have one who is willing to bend every rule to win. and he has a qb who is agrees with that philosophy. they could have gotten away with it if they didn't insist on always finishing at the top. now 15 years later, the results look absurd. they don't look dominant as even the best dynasties have never had that level of consistency with no name talent.

a reasonable person is insulted by this charade. and the nfl unfortunately has to start cleaning it up. they let it go to develop this new boston fan base, but now its at the point that it's actually hurting the fan bases that have always been around.

13. Post thanked by:

Meathead (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If we're going to be technical about it, he was actually judged as being more than probable of guilt.

Maybe you should try to be accurate, it won't make you look like you want Brady inside you so bad.
    Probably = more than probable.

LOL! The depths you guys will sink to to get your hate on is mind-boggling.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are you saying that these two sentences do not mean the same thing?

It's probable that it will rain today.

It's probably going to rain today.

Says the guy who has wasted more time posting on this subject than anyone else here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Why did he do it if it didn't help him? Simple question. Answer it!
    i definitely think fumbles are less likely with a softer ball u can grip it better .

u think its coincidence the pats never fumble ill bet they are in the top 5 in fumbles next season

ANY TAKERS?

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You don't need Tom's DNA on the deflator pin to understand his level of involvement.

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why in Gods name would a player be kicked out of the NFL for letting a few oz out of a football ? I'm not saying Mr. Brady did it ,however ,this issue is as ******ed as the last time the NFL went after the Super Bowl Champions. With the filming crap.

You clowns need to move on. I understand the hate , the Super Bowl Champions with Mr. Brady have kicked the ***** out of the Bills for the last 15 years. It's ok , years ago Jim Kelly and the Bills owned the Pats.

And anyone that believes Mr. Brady will miss a single game needs to take a few deep depths . Because it's not going to happen.
    Robert Kraft: "Last time there was no dispute about the facts. The team admittedly said what happened. ...It was illegal to videotape. And in the end we admitted it and took our penance."

The only thing ******ed is CHEATERS fans thinking the rest of the football watching world believes the Pats* have the right to call themselves World Champions.

A team that has CONSISTENTLY CHEATED since Belicheat was named HC. And NEVER won a Super Bowl without CHEATING.

An owners meeting is coming up soon, I doubt Kraft gets very much support from other owners.

I believe the vast majority of NFL owners is fed up with that CHEATING teams ways.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,485 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL! It's gonna be so funny when Goodell, Wells and Vincent get exposed when this whole thing is overturned.

There's a very good reason why Goodell won't allow an INDEPENDENT arbitrator judge the appeal. Hearing the appeal himself is the only way he can save his sorry ass and rescue the reputations of his two stooges.
    It appears Goodell does have the right to hear the case though according to the CBA. If so, the only way it could get overturned is if Brady goes to court. And from what I've read that would require that he turn over his phone and computer in discovery.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    It appears Goodell does have the right to hear the case though according to the CBA. If so, the only way it could get overturned is if Brady goes to court. And from what I've read that would require that he turn over his phone and computer in discovery.
    turning over the phones not a big deal if you and I have a text conversation do they need your phone if they have mine.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I think the vast majority of people HATE CHEATING & CHEATERS.

What is mind-boggling is the depths of CHEATING the Patriots* will sink to in order to win.

And that their fans TRY to defend that CHEATING is even more mind-boggling.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are you saying that these two sentences do not mean the same thing?

It's probable that it will rain today.

It's probably going to rain today.
    LOL! Being sneaky again, huh?

It's more than probable it will rain to day = it's probably going to rain today

Continuing to double down on stupidity only makes it worse...

Says the guy who has wasted more time posting on this subject than anyone else here.
    It's not the time spent that's the problem, it's what you do with that time. You and the others spend it hating, I don't.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    turning over the phones not a big deal if you and I have a text conversation do they need your phone if they have mine.
    Yes. it is important.

If there are text messages on Brady's phone that mention deflating footballs, it is no longer circumstantial evidence, but concrete proof Brady was responsible for the deflating of the footballs.

But even without Brady's phone, there is a LOT of circumstantial evidence. Enough to KNOW he is GUILTY.

Much like there is enough circumstantial evidence to convict his teammate of a capital crime.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Just because Goodell has the right doesn't mean he HAS TO do it, and when there are so many questions about his impartiality, him insisting on doing it would only make it look worse...