Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Robert Kraft: "Last time there was no dispute about the facts. The team admittedly said what happened. ...It was illegal to videotape. And in the end we admitted it and took our penance."
    Indeed last time there was no dispute about the facts because the Pats broke the rule INTENTIONALLY.

No "cheating" happened because the videotape was never used.

Now, do us all a favor and use your brain for once.

Please, don't reference Spygate when you have no clue what it was all about.
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post

You mean the teams that fully cooperated with the investigations into their actions and accepted their punishments without suing the NFL? Yeah, why would we be talking about them still?

Don't forget about the Falcons pumping noise into their stadium during games. They admitted that they did it and accepted their punishment too, like they should have. No one is talking about them either.

Do you think that this would be this big of a deal if Brady came out and admitted what he did and apologized for it? Maybe gave a charitable donation with his Superbowl bonus and accepted the small fine that he probably would have got. It would be long gone by now if that's what he did, but he didn't because he doesn't want to tarnish his reputation.
    This. Exactly this. I don't care about the deflated balls. And while the math is compelling re: fumble stats, there simply is nothing definitive in the Wells report that you can point to as corroborative evidence. The issue is that the Patriots insist on lying through their teeth instead of accepting responsibility for their transgression. I agree with Shiva that the people who gloss over this to ***** about the Patriots cheating look silly. If the conversation were about them LYING, then I think it'd be a more productive talk.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Just because Goodell has the right doesn't mean he HAS TO do it, and when there are so many questions about his impartiality, him insisting on doing it would only make it look worse...
    Well, I would rather a person other than Goodell was the arbitrator as well.

After all, Goodell DESTROYED ALL the evidence of CHEATING by the Patriots* in Spygate.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Indeed last time there was no dispute about the facts because the Pats did it INTENTIONALLY.

No "cheating" happened because the videotape was never used.

Now, do us all a favor and use your brain for once.

Please, don't reference Spygate when you have no clue what it was all about.
    LMAO at you & the depths you sink to in defending the CHEATERS.

If there were no Cheating, the Patriots* would not have been punished. FACT.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL! Being sneaky again, huh?

It's more than probable it will rain to day = it's probably going to rain today

Continuing to double down on stupidity only makes it worse...
    Then stop doing that.

It's not the time spent that's the problem, it's what you do with that time. You and the others spend it hating, I don't.
    You might be the biggest hater on this board, just not towards the Patriots.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    This. Exactly this. I don't care about the deflated balls. And while the math is compelling re: fumble stats, there simply is nothing definitive in the Wells report that you can point to as corroborative evidence. The issue is that the Patriots insist on lying through their teeth instead of accepting responsibility for their transgression. I agree with Shiva that the people who gloss over this to ***** about the Patriots cheating look silly. If the conversation were about them LYING, then I think it'd be a more productive talk.
    You don't KNOW they're lying and the fumble stats are a different issue.

If the league wishes to take it up, then that's fine, but a fan generated issue has nothing to do with what's going on between Goodell and the Patriots.

ALL the teams in the league were allowed to prepare the balls the way they wanted to, which could mean all sorts of measures to make the ball easier to hold onto.

Plus, players are ALLOWED to wear gloves with extra tacky palms. recievers and RBs wear them all the time, and some qbs as well. So why is it that you can make the ball easier to hold onto with artificial hand coverings, but deflating the ball slightly to achieve the same thing for bare hands is a satanic plot?

As I said before, it's in the leagues interest to help the qbs PLAY BETTER, because SO MANY OF THEM PLAY LIKE CRAP.

The fact is, they are only USING this issue to go after the Pats and would have NEVER bothered if it had been another team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    After all, Goodell DESTROYED ALL the evidence of CHEATING by the Patriots* in Spygate.
    He destroyed it because there was nothing to it and he didn't want anyone else to reali2e it.

He destroyed it for HIS benefit and no one else's.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He destroyed it because there was nothing to it and he didn't want anyone else to reali2e it.

He destroyed it for HIS benefit and no one else's.
    ​LMAO at this post

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The fact is, they are only USING this issue to go after the Pats and would have NEVER bothered if it had been another team.
    It surprises me that you still don't know what a fact is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then stop doing that.
    Not only is it more than probable you're a dumbass, you're also probably a dumbass.

You might be the biggest hater on this board, just not towards the Patriots.
    Sorry, but YOUR side has crowed about how much you HATE Tom Brady and the Pats since this issue emerged.

I have never said I hate anyone or any particular team.

But hearing someone whine "You do it TOO!" always brightens my day...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not only is it more than probable you're a dumbass, you're also probably a dumbass.
    Oh burn. That hurts, internet man. I wonder why everyone thinks you're opinions are worthless when you come back with posts like this.

Sorry, but YOUR side has crowed about how much you HATE Tom Brady and the Pats since this issue emerged.
    Weird how that happens on a Bills message board.

I have never said I hate anyone or any particular team.
    You don't have to say those particular words for it not to be true, hater.

But hearing someone whine "You do it TOO!" always brightens my day...
    Let's add the word 'whine' to the ever growing list of words you don't understand. Man, that list is getting bigger and bigger with every post.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Discussing Deflategate with Patriot fans is another thing altogether...

13. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Discussing Deflategate with Patriot fans is another thing altogether...
    Its not even worth discussing. Puplic opinion was set the morning after the afccg.

The funniest thing is that the Wells report even states that the pressure of the 11 balls fall into what the ideal gas law allows.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Its not even worth discussing. Puplic opinion was set the morning after the afccg.

The funniest thing is that the Wells report even states that the pressure of the 11 balls fall into what the ideal gas law allows.
    No, it actually states the exact opposite.

From Page 111: "Specifically, all but three of the Patriots footballs, as measured by both gauges, registered pressure levels lower than the range predicted by the Ideal Gas Law, when applied to the conditions most likely to have been present on the day of the AFC Championship game."
    Last edited by ICRockets; 05-18-2015 at 10:11 AM.

16. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You don't KNOW they're lying

They claim McNally called himself "the deflator" because he was losing weight, and that his text 8 minutes later with nothing in between saying that he's "not going to espn...yet" was about a pair of shoes Jastremski gave him that he shouldn't have. It's your contention that this has even the slightest shred of credibility to it? If so, I'd like to have that conversation.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    They claim McNally called himself "the deflator" because he was losing weight, and that his text 8 minutes later with nothing in between saying that he's "not going to espn...yet" was about a pair of shoes Jastremski gave him that he shouldn't have. It's your contention that this has even the slightest shred of credibility to it? If so, I'd like to have that conversation.
    I guess you didn't read the thread because I dealt with that earlier.

The "deflator" email was sent May 14 2014 - the MIDDLE of the off-season. Why would he be using a juvenile nick-name for himself doing something underhanded just before games 4 months after the last game and four months before the next game? Or is he the type of guy who loves to refer to himself in the third person, ala "the deflator says this and the deflator says that" or "the deflator needs to get new tires for his ride" or "the deflator likes big butts and he cannot lie!"?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Weird how that happens on a Bills message board.
    What is it about being a Bills fan that entitles you to hate people and organi2ations?

I've been a football fan for 55 years and it wasn't until I joined the range, and then here, that I learned there was a subset of fans that were PROUD of hating other teams and other players.

I never have.

Football is entertainment, you either like it or you don't, but hating individuals on those teams, or the teams themselves, never arose.

When did YOU learn it was okay to hate as long as you were a football fan?

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You don't KNOW they're lying and the fumble stats are a different issue.

If the league wishes to take it up, then that's fine, but a fan generated issue has nothing to do with what's going on between Goodell and the Patriots.

ALL the teams in the league were allowed to prepare the balls the way they wanted to, which could mean all sorts of measures to make the ball easier to hold onto.

Plus, players are ALLOWED to wear gloves with extra tacky palms. recievers and RBs wear them all the time, and some qbs as well. So why is it that you can make the ball easier to hold onto with artificial hand coverings, but deflating the ball slightly to achieve the same thing for bare hands is a satanic plot?

As I said before, it's in the leagues interest to help the qbs PLAY BETTER, because SO MANY OF THEM PLAY LIKE CRAP.

That's quite a rationalization.

Hernandez was convicted on less evidence.

Patti
    Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

21. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-20-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The "deflator" email was sent May 14 2014 - the MIDDLE of the off-season. Why would he be using a juvenile nick-name for himself doing something underhanded just before games 4 months after the last game and four months before the next game? Or is he the type of guy who loves to refer to himself in the third person, ala "the deflator says this and the deflator says that" or "the deflator needs to get new tires for his ride" or "the deflator likes big butts and he cannot lie!"?
    The implications are pretty obvious if you're not an idiot.

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Because he's been doing this since 2007 and had no expectation of being caught.

Patti