• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartacus
    • Mar 2003

Re: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
    It was a very good book. tried to watch the miniseries but I couldnt get into it. I loved the in depth detail of the architecture of the cathedral and the process of constructing a project that takes a generation or two to complete. I havent read it in a while, but I enjoyed the dynamics of the peasant family. Despite it's length, its a very accessible novel. I am tempted to check out the next book in the series.
    The point being that the greedy and powerful and envious and hate filled (Goodell, Grigson, Kensil and their toadies) will conspire to **** over the people who are REALLY responsible (Brady, Belichick, Kraft) for the beauty and artistry and majesty and popularity of their product.

It happens over and over again through history...
    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
      Shiva, are you inferring that the refs got sloppy over the years and over filled balls or is this a known fact?
      I read the story about Brady's reaction to over-filled balls, but I can't remember exactly where because I didn't think it was note-worthy at the time.

But, seeing how sloppy they were with the game in question, it's not hard to believe.

I'm sure they thought it was a non issue and may have even gotten sloppy because they knew the teams were going to adjust them anyway.
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• ICRockets
        Childish Fake Voter
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        Huh? The "deflator" email was sent on May 14, 2014. What other emails are you talking about?
        There were no emails. They were text messages, and if you had read the report you'd know what I was talking about. So, to answer your previous question, YES it clearly IS important that you read it for us to continue this conversation. Start on page 74 and familiarize yourself with the text messages.

Comment

• ICRockets
          Childish Fake Voter
          • Jul 2008

In 2006, Brady and Manning go to the rules commitee and petition them to allow the qbs to prepare their own game balls. It goes through with, among other regs, the pressure parameters. If Brady knew at that time he liked the balls softer than that, why didn't he ask the league to adjust them at the same time? It's all in the service of improving qb play, so why not? Probably because he was happy with the lower limit.
          Or, maybe it's just science. Wilson says that their footballs are generally inflated to 13 PSI. So a range from 12.5 to 13.5 just makes sense with what the actual ball manufacturer claims to be the ideal weight of their product. Again, if you'd stop trying so hard this conversation would make you look a lot less stupid.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Childish Fake Voter
            • Jul 2008

So, the big game approaches and Grigson fears that Brady's domination of his team will continue, so he thinks to himself, what can I do to give my team an edge? So, he comes up with this bright idea to sting Brady DURING the game about the ball pressure. Grigson knows that Mike Kensil hates the Pats, so he arranges the sting with him and get's his EM to send him the email the week before the game to establish that he knew NOTHING about this until he read the email.

So, between Grigson, the equipment manager, Kensil and maybe Vincent, they have everyone they need to pull this off.

They know the Deflator will ensure the Pats balls are at the lower limit before they're taken outside, and because of the temp will be below at halftime, so all they need is to get their hands on one ball on the sidelines to start the ball rolling.

Jackson brings the ball over, gives it to the equipment guys, they deflate it further and then Grigson swings into action and the rest is history. Goodell didn't even need to be in the loop, but the last thing he needs is for his own boys to be fingered, so he has to go along with it if he's smart enough to figure it out, and if he isn't, so much the better.

Anyway, when you're considering this, please remember that the NFL is accusing Tom Brady and his boys of being conspirators, so you should have no objections if I suggest that other people could be conspirators as well.
            Your conspiracy theory completely ignores the fact that the Wells Report provides pretty strong evidence that the Patriots had been doing this for MUCH LONGER than JUST the AFC Championship Game. That's where your entire argument falls apart, is you keep harping on a single game for a systemic infraction. Again, read the texts. It's blatantly obvious that Jastremski and McNally discuss deflating the balls for the Chicago Bears game, after the Jets game when Brady complained about the balls being heavy.

Specifically, McNally was annoyed by Brady's complaints. So when Jastremski says "I can't wait to give you your needle this week :)" McNally responds "it better come with a pump attached, because the only thing deflating this week is Tom's passer rating."
            Last edited by ICRockets; 05-20-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
              Specifically, McNally was annoyed by Brady's complaints. So when Jastremski says "I can't wait to give you your needle this week :)" McNally responds "it better come with a pump attached, because the only thing deflating this week is Tom's passer rating."
              McNally needed the needle to deflate his weight. He must have one of those stomach wraps that prevents him from eating. He needed the needle and the pump to inflate the wrap to make his stomach smaller. In doing that, he'll lose more weight because he can't eat as much. The Pats equipment guys have a pool going to see who will lose the most amount of weight, everyone was betting on it. Brady didn't bet on McNally and it makes him sick, it's all he can think about. When Tom gets distressed like that, historically his passer rating goes down. That's what McNally was talking about.

Well, either that or he was deflating footballs. Hard saying not knowing.

Comment

• Spartacus
                • Mar 2003

There were no emails. They were text messages...

Really? THAT'S your complaint?

Well, since you obviously feel the distinction is significant, could you please explain to us all what the difference is?

Thanks...
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                  • Mar 2003

Or, maybe it's just science. Wilson says that their footballs are generally inflated to 13 PSI. So a range from 12.5 to 13.5 just makes sense with what the actual ball manufacturer claims to be the ideal weight of their product. Again, if you'd stop trying so hard this conversation would make you look a lot less stupid.
                  The ideal WEIGHT of their product? Huh? Are you sure you understand what pounds per square inch means? It has nothing to do with weight, it's a measurement of pressure. The extra air required to increase the psi by one pound is undetectable by humans. You didn't think an extra psi made the ball a pound heavier, did you?

If so, I'd be careful slinging around the stupid smack if I were you.
                  My tebya razdavim

Comment

• ICRockets
                    Childish Fake Voter
                    • Jul 2008

The ideal WEIGHT of their product?

Comment

• Spartacus
                      • Mar 2003

Your conspiracy theory completely ignores the fact that the Wells Report provides pretty strong evidence that the Patriots had been doing this for MUCH LONGER than JUST the AFC Championship Game. That's where your entire argument falls apart, is you keep harping on a single game for a systemic infraction. Again, read the texts. It's blatantly obvious that Jastremski and McNally discuss deflating the balls for the Chicago Bears game, after the Jets game when Brady complained about the balls being heavy.

I already addressed this. Did you not read it? Maybe you were too busy yelling.

I said that at some time in the past Brady was *****ing about the refs being sloppy and over inflating the balls. That's what he means when he says' they're "heavy", and it was the boys who had to make sure they weren't. But no where is it ever implied that Brady directed them to deflate the balls under the limit. Correct?

And the behavior of the refs on game day backs up the charge that the refs were sloppy with the chore, what with no log and two gauges with different readings.

Really dude, you're going completely ****ing overboard, like Lindsey Graham thinking about Monica and Clinton's penis. Remember how Republicans would claim it wasn't the sex, it was the lying? Did you believe them? So, why should I believe you when you're behaving in exactly the same fashion?

This is a mountain in a molehill that has nothing to do with right and wrong and everything to do with jealousy and envy.
                      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                        McNally needed the needle to deflate his weight. He must have one of those stomach wraps that prevents him from eating. He needed the needle and the pump to inflate the wrap to make his stomach smaller. In doing that, he'll lose more weight because he can't eat as much. The Pats equipment guys have a pool going to see who will lose the most amount of weight, everyone was betting on it. Brady didn't bet on McNally and it makes him sick, it's all he can think about. When Tom gets distressed like that, historically his passer rating goes down. That's what McNally was talking about.

Well, either that or he was deflating footballs. Hard saying not knowing.
                        Gee, imagine the idea of football team shleppers possessing air pressure needles?

Do you think the Colts had some too!

They're pretty rare!
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Don't talk to me about science and footballs ever again.

You're making us arts majors look bad in front of the engineers.
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Gee, imagine the idea of football team shleppers possessing air pressure needles?

Do you think the Colts had some too!

They're pretty rare!
                            Please explain what these two guys meant.

So when Jastremski says "I can't wait to give you your needle this week :)" McNally responds "it better come with a pump attached, because the only thing deflating this week is Tom's passer rating."

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                              Please explain what these two guys meant.
                              I already explained it. It was their job to make sure the careless part-time refs didn't overinflate the balls.

They ****ed up, Brady *****ed, so they made a joke about over-inflating the balls to **** him up.
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                                • Mar 2003

Here's a question for the haters...

M & J are sitting at home, suspended, with ruined reputations and no income,

If the truth is that Brady DID enter into a conspiracy with these two hoodlums to defraud the whole country, WHY DON'T THEY JUST RAT HIM OUT?

How much would the National enquirer pay for a headline that read "Inside Scoop - "I let the air out of Tom Brady's balls!"?

As long as they moved out of New England, they'd never have to buy another drink in their lives.

Woody Johnson wood write them a $10,000,000 check as fast as you can say Spygate.

They don't owe the NFL anything.

So, WHY don't they throw Tom under the bus?
                                My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                                X