Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

So my gf hates football, and so does a co worker of mine. Yet the deflategate thing interests them because they dont understand how Brady isnt kicked out of the nfl. When you dont have a history of watching Brady and being a fan of football, seeing black and white, Brady should be gone. No doubt about the fact that the only thing keeping him here is his history.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

2. Post thanked by:

Meathead (05-17-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: When you discuss deflatgate with non football fans

thats true

first thing my mom says when i told her brady got caught cheating was so they have to give back that superbowl, right?

when i told her four games probably two and maybe nuthin she said now i know youre foolin with me
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

4. Post thanked by:

sudzy (05-17-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He will not get his sentence reduced.
    Last edited by acehole; 05-17-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

this is one of the reasons i want a long court battle to drag it all out.

most fans have a hero worship syndrome going on with athletes. to them marcia is sorta god-like. thats why a lot of fans who dont even like the cheatriots have an attitude of hey it just shows they will do anything to win. those fans look at is as a good thing. its kinda sick but its real

the longer it stays in the publics attention the more non-fans will tune in and the more likely 'normal' morality rules will re-emerge. marcia will be completely disgraced and retire a pariah everywhere except boston. im hoping at least

7. Post thanked by:

Famous Amos (05-20-2015),trapezeus (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    first thing my mom says when i told her brady got caught cheating was so they have to give back that superbowl, right?

They get caught cheating before the Super Bowl and not only are they allowed to compete, they name the guy behind the cheating MVP. What a joke the NFL is. I thought Indy and Baltimore should have played during the bye week and the winner of that played the Seahawks.

9. Post thanked by:

BillsFanInNM (05-17-2015),Meathead (05-17-2015),The last buffalo fan (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sanity from the people who aren't even fans. Go figure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    They get caught cheating before the Super Bowl and not only are they allowed to compete, they name the guy behind the cheating MVP. What a joke the NFL is. I thought Indy and Baltimore should have played during the bye week and the winner of that played the Seahawks.
    im not sure thats realistic bc they needed to complete the investigation first. also, baltimore had already packed up so i doubt they could have played on short notice

but if we were really being fair/moral with this, they would indeed have to give up that title. they played the entire season with deflated balls, for crying out loud

i cant wait until the fumble numbers start coming in and it shows the cheaters no longer have the 'magic fumble cure'. ****ing cheating bastards

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This whole thing is so dumb. Bills fans are absolutely delusional about it.

Your non-football fan friends are even dumber.

If you think the excellence of Tom Brady (who I hate) has anything to do with the air pressure in the footballs then you are an idiot. He is the best qb in the history of football. And before you bring up Joe Montana, Jerry Rice recently came clean and admitted to using copious amounts of stickum throughout his career. Are we vacating those super bowls as well? Ha ha ha.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why in Gods name would a player be kicked out of the NFL for letting a few oz out of a football ? I'm not saying Mr. Brady did it ,however ,this issue is as ******ed as the last time the NFL went after the Super Bowl Champions. With the filming crap.

You clowns need to move on. I understand the hate , the Super Bowl Champions with Mr. Brady have kicked the ***** out of the Bills for the last 15 years. It's ok , years ago Jim Kelly and the Bills owned the Pats.

And anyone that believes Mr. Brady will miss a single game needs to take a few deep depths . Because it's not going to happen.
    The NFL forgot the main component of any business model, the customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The ONLY reason to oppose Voter ID laws is to endorse Vote Fraud.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RandolphDuke View Post
    If you think the excellence of Tom Brady (who I hate) has anything to do with the air pressure in the footballs then you are an idiot.
    If you think it didn't help him, then you're also an idiot.

15. Post thanked by:

Novacane (05-18-2015),trapezeus (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 952 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    If you think it didn't help him, then you're also an idiot.
    Why do you care about this issue. It makes you look like a hater.

Suck it up, the Super Bowl Champs have owned your team for over 15 years. That's the way it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post

Suck it up, the Super Bowl Champs have owned your team for over 15 years. That's the way it is.
    All I did was respond to someone.

Why do you care so much that anyone else cares? Worried that your boy Tom's legacy is going to be tainted because a bunch of Bills fans on a Bills forum are still talking about how he cheated?

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,471 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't even know how to argue this with football fans much less non.

You'd think a heavier ball would be easier to catch and maintain, maybe easier to kick, but harder to throw.

And it still makes no sense to me that the NFL doesn't use standard balls and the refs use multiple gauges and don't maintain custody of the stupid balls, or even why the refs should, the NFL can afford to hire a standard ball guy and backup per game.

To start with, the NFL even lets a guy go into a bathroom with a bag of balls ? What if he gets the poops or has hepatitis or AIDS and gets it all over them. Does that mean the ball guys are regularly health tested and signed off, so then you have to test and sign off their docs, so maybe there is a need for league ball guy physicians ?

Make the stupid balls standard and too damn bad if anyone gripes. Sealed bag, everyone gets the same stupid tested, registered damn balls already and good luck using them. If you can't win using a standard freaking ball get other players who can use it better.

19. Post thanked by:

Fixxxer (05-19-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

“Carr, like several other quarterbacks, said Denver was one of the toughest places to play,” Battista wrote. “He said he thought the ball expanded slightly at the altitude and felt slick because of the lower humidity. Before Houston’s preseason game at Denver, Carr instructed the ball boys to let a little air out of the Texans’ footballs.” (Emphasis added.)
    When that statement was published in November 2006, no one said a word about the possibility that the Texans or anyone else was cheating. And if it sparked any type of consternation for the league office, those issues remained internal — resolved without any sort of brouhaha, investigation, or discipline.

21. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (05-18-2015),swiper (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I don't even know how to argue this with football fans much less non.

You'd think a heavier ball would be easier to catch and maintain, maybe easier to kick, but harder to throw.

And it still makes no sense to me that the NFL doesn't use standard balls and the refs use multiple gauges and don't maintain custody of the stupid balls, or even why the refs should, the NFL can afford to hire a standard ball guy and backup per game.

To start with, the NFL even lets a guy go into a bathroom with a bag of balls ? What if he gets the poops or has hepatitis or AIDS and gets it all over them. Does that mean the ball guys are regularly health tested and signed off, so then you have to test and sign off their docs, so maybe there is a need for league ball guy physicians ?

Make the stupid balls standard and too damn bad if anyone gripes. Sealed bag, everyone gets the same stupid tested, registered damn balls already and good luck using them. If you can't win using a standard freaking ball get other players who can use it better.
    I agree that the NFL has to share the blame. It's absolutely ridiculous that something as important as a game ball can be as easily altered as it was for the Pats. Then again, when these protocols have been in place for years, no one really expects teams to try and cheat them. I guess they have to treat everyone as if they're that 10 year old kid on the play ground that always claims to never have been tagged down when playing 2 hand touch.

23. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-17-2015),Meathead (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

we have a geniune dislike/hatred for the pats....(which you are a fan of).....so get off this board if you dont like the comments of true bills fans.....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What's your point?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    What's your point?
    The point of the article is that the league and everyone else doesn't give two craps if the team in question is bad. The NFL wants parity and what better way to try and achieve parity than to try and smack down the team who has been basically the best team in the NFL for the past 15 years? They tried with Spygate and failed so now they've moved on to something else.

Who talks about the Browns and textgate? No one. Who talks about the problems the Falcons had? No one. Who talked about the Chargers using a stick um like substance a few years ago? No one. Why were none of these "scandals" talked about? None of those teams matter.

David Carr admitted publicly back in 2006 that he liked deflating the football and wasn't the only one. Where was the NFL investigation? It did not exist. Now why do you think there was no investigation 9 years ago but now apparently it's a big deal?

27. Post thanked by:

SmokeShowin (05-17-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The NFL wants parity and what better way to try and achieve parity than to try and smack down the team who has been basically the best team in the NFL for the past 15 years? They tried with Spygate and failed so now they've moved on to something else.
    Awww, poor Patriots.

Who talks about the Browns and textgate? No one. Who talks about the problems the Falcons had? No one. Who talked about the Chargers using a stick um like substance a few years ago? No one. Why were none of these "scandals" talked about? None of those teams matter.
    You mean the teams that fully cooperated with the investigations into their actions and accepted their punishments without suing the NFL? Yeah, why would we be talking about them still?

Don't forget about the Falcons pumping noise into their stadium during games. They admitted that they did it and accepted their punishment too, like they should have. No one is talking about them either.

Do you think that this would be this big of a deal if Brady came out and admitted what he did and apologized for it? Maybe gave a charitable donation with his Superbowl bonus and accepted the small fine that he probably would have got. It would be long gone by now if that's what he did, but he didn't because he doesn't want to tarnish his reputation.

David Carr admitted publicly back in 2006 that he liked deflating the football and wasn't the only one. Where was the NFL investigation? It did not exist. Now why do you think there was no investigation 9 years ago but now apparently it's a big deal?
    Someone should have put a complaint into the league 9 years ago, it's not my fault they didn't. Clearly the NFL should be reading every interview done by every player in every media outlet everyday in order to find opportunities to investigate acts of cheating.

29. Post thanked by:

Meathead (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Get a life