Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: EJ Manuel may not make the Bills’ 53-man roster

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Report: EJ Manuel may not make the Bills’ 53-man roster

8 games is not enough time to draw a final conclusion. That's simply not the way to handle a rookie QB.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (05-18-2015),djjimkelly (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i don't get the EJ hate. he won a few games, lost a few games. he never performed so consistently poorly like edwards/losman. where their flaws were just obvious and we weren't moving on. he's played 14 games. the houston game was his most annoying game, but i just didn't see orton do any better. and seeing how lost hackett and marrone were, it seems odd to hate EJ.

i think he has limited upside at this point, but you have to see his 20 games.

but i think it makes sense, if he can't beat out cassell and tyrod, he probably shouldn't be here.

4. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    i don't get the EJ hate. he won a few games, lost a few games. he never performed so consistently poorly like edwards/losman. where their flaws were just obvious and we weren't moving on. he's played 14 games. the houston game was his most annoying game, but i just didn't see orton do any better. and seeing how lost hackett and marrone were, it seems odd to hate EJ.

i think he has limited upside at this point, but you have to see his 20 games.

but i think it makes sense, if he can't beat out cassell and tyrod, he probably shouldn't be here.
    IMO, Orton looked much worse in the Raider loss than EJ did in the Texans loss.

6. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (05-18-2015),Novacane (05-18-2015),Yasgur's Farm (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This would be such a Bills move...

8. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What has EJ done to be guaranteed a roster spot? Nothing. If he has another preseason like last year, it's time to move on.

10. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    What has EJ done to be guaranteed a roster spot? Nothing. If he has another preseason like last year, it's time to move on.
    EJ has a GUARANTEED salary that says he will be a Bill unless they can trade him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    EJ has a GUARANTEED salary that says he will be a Bill unless they can trade him.
    Well there's something to proud of. My team has to keep me because it will cost too much to cut me.

13. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well there's something to proud of. My team has to keep me because it will cost too much to cut me.
    It is what it is as they say.

And I would bet there are plenty of players on teams because of that exact situation.

SpikedLemonade

I don't know if EJ will show enough progress this year to start each game and leave no doubt who our QB is the following year, but you have to suspect that he was not developed properly by Hackett and the other morons.

EJ may simply not have it, but I wish they would have simply stuck with him these past 2 years so we would know by now.

What did we really gain by starting the other QBs over the past 2 years?

The Dolphins, in contrast, look brilliant for being patient with Tannehill.

16. Post thanked by:

better days (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have a GREAT feeling about EJ this year.

I think he's really going to light it up in this offense, and we will be counting our lucky stars by mid-october that we have such a good qb.

He has basically come out and said that Marrone and Hackett limited what he could do, and told him to avoid running. Thats such a valuable part of his game, and something that Roman will give him full reign to do. Flat out he is a mobile quarterback, and his ability to use that speed will help us so much. When you throw in the fact that we have the best running back in the league to take pressure off of him... Passing the ball can be EJs 3rd choice every time he steps to the line, and when he does, he has great options to throw to. When you combine the playmaking ability of Clay, Harvin, and Watkins, then figure that woods is a solid #2 and goodwin can stretch any defense and take the top completely off, you see that this is a team that is built to be explosive. There is no way on Gods Green Earth that this is a team that will have Matt Cassel under center. If it's not EJ its Tyrod, but it will be EJ by quite a bit over him.

*****... hold on to your tits. With the weapons we have on offense... plus the defense we have... and a special teams unit that is rock solid... plus, catching the pats without brady 1x lessens the burden of those first 2 home games, and adds to our advantage of having the last 2 at home... this is a team that could easily go 12-4, 13-3. If that happens, and EJ plays well... he could be the league MVP.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I applaud this staff for recognizing EJ has short comings that need to improve or else they will move on. How many other coaching regimes have we had in buffalo that were forced to make do with what was on the roster because of the financials. I like EJ as a person but maybe besides his mechanics he just is having trouble with picking up this much more complicated system than Hacketts high school playbook. Sometimes you need to amputate a limb in order to heal. Knowing when is always a decision best left in the hands of experts.
    Last edited by Zoneblitser; 05-18-2015 at 05:33 PM.

19. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (05-18-2015),sudzy (05-18-2015)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

EJ Sucks. Jason Campbell 2.0 but worse.

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    I have a GREAT feeling about EJ this year.

I think he's really going to light it up in this offense, and we will be counting our lucky stars by mid-october that we have such a good qb.

He has basically come out and said that Marrone and Hackett limited what he could do, and told him to avoid running. Thats such a valuable part of his game, and something that Roman will give him full reign to do. Flat out he is a mobile quarterback, and his ability to use that speed will help us so much. When you throw in the fact that we have the best running back in the league to take pressure off of him... Passing the ball can be EJs 3rd choice every time he steps to the line, and when he does, he has great options to throw to. When you combine the playmaking ability of Clay, Harvin, and Watkins, then figure that woods is a solid #2 and goodwin can stretch any defense and take the top completely off, you see that this is a team that is built to be explosive. There is no way on Gods Green Earth that this is a team that will have Matt Cassel under center. If it's not EJ its Tyrod, but it will be EJ by quite a bit over him.

*****... hold on to your tits. With the weapons we have on offense... plus the defense we have... and a special teams unit that is rock solid... plus, catching the pats without brady 1x lessens the burden of those first 2 home games, and adds to our advantage of having the last 2 at home... this is a team that could easily go 12-4, 13-3. If that happens, and EJ plays well... he could be the league MVP.
    I agree with everything except EJ winning the competition.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Bye bye EJ.
    Wish we could say the same to you.

24. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Wish we could say the same to you.
    That wasn't nice, Mr. Miyagi.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post

Terry Pegula has the money in the cup holder in the front seat of his SUV to pay off that contract.

27. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe...one-in-buffalo

The simple truth is this: as he is currently constructed, Manuel is not an accurate enough quarterback to thrive as a starting quarterback in the National Football League.

He misses throws that players starting at his position make without hesitation. There are times where he gets completions from inaccurate passes, but it takes the receiver so off course that it crushes any hope of legitimate yards after the catch.

This isn't a new phenomenon for him, either. The inaccurate quarterback Bills fans have seen for two years is the same one that started at Florida State University for four seasons.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Trade him for a sack full of deflated balls. Just get him the hell out of here.

Some idiot GM will give up a 5th for him. We can't have the only GM in the league who knows absolutely nothing about QBs.

OK, maybe we do.

But still. GTFO, EJ.
    You have crossed the line into unhealthy obsession over getting rid of EJ. Did he suck? Sure. Might he pull his head out of his ass? Maybe. There's no reason to not allow to a chance to prove himself one more time. The Bills have nothing else going for them at the quarterback position.

30. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (05-19-2015)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Something...something...Jay Cutler...something

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    You have crossed the line into unhealthy obsession over getting rid of EJ. Did he suck? Sure. Might he pull his head out of his ass? Maybe. There's no reason to not allow to a chance to prove himself one more time. The Bills have nothing else going for them at the quarterback position.

Here's the thing. Because EJ is on the roster, and Doug Whaley puts his own ego and reputation above that of the team, the Bills have not drafted a QB SINCE EJ, despite having the worst QB situation in the league.

As long as EJ is here, that idiot will keep trying to force the square peg into the round hole, and the playoff drought will continue.

Kyle Orton. Matt Cassell. Could Jared Lorenzen be far behind? Maybe a return engagement for Brian Brohm or Vince Young? These are Whaley's half-assed solutions to the massive, gaping hole at the most important position on the team. Oh wait, I almost forgot, trade away the teams #1 draft choices for Wide Receiver for EJ to overthrow.

The one with the unhealthy obsession is Doug Whaley.

33. Post thanked by:

swiper (05-19-2015)