X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Sabres moving very rapidly now...have recieved permission to speak with Bylsma

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    That's DetDanny Williams MO.. He thinks he pieces together connections and possibilities that dont mean **** and have no bearing on a potential outcome
    Maybe he knows the outcome already & is holding back on us ??

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Re: Sabres moving very rapidly now...have recieved permission to speak with Bylsma

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      Maybe he knows the outcome already & is holding back on us ??
      Has he broken news that was about to happen before? Or is he getting ideas from HF board posters?

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
        • Feb 2013

One Buffalo!!! ‏@SabreBills_716 May 21
        @JayMcKee74 call Tim Murray!!, have you thought about being a coach with the Sabres?

Jay McKeeVerified account
        ‏@JayMcKee74
        @SabreBills_716 Way ahead of you, but thanks for your concern..

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

lol

Comment

• ckg927
            Not quite Best in the World....
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
            Settle down Beavis.
            Well, you don't know how Toronto works when it comes to hockey.
            John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
            David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
              Well, you don't know how Toronto works when it comes to hockey.
              sure thing...

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                • Feb 2013

Friedman: Bylsma wants Sabres' head coaching job

Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman joined Calgary's Sportsnet 960 on Monday morning and discussed the coaching vacancy in Buffalo.

Friedman opined that the Buffalo job is the position Bylsma most covets:

Bylsma and Buffalo is going to be an interesting one. I think that's the job he wants, from what I've been told.

He coached Eichel at the worlds. Todd Richards was the head coach and Bylsma was the assistant on the American team. I think that's going to be one of his big selling points. "I coached Eichel. I coached Crosby." Getting the most out of star players, stuff like that. I believe that's going to be his sell job to the Sabres.

And the other thing too is Tim Murray, one of the guys he's tightest with is Chuck Fletcher of Minnesota, who was the assistant GM in Pittsburgh when they had Bylsma and won the Stanley Cup. So I have a feeling if Fletcher gives Bylsma any kind of good recommendation to Tim Murray, that's going to help Bylsma's situation there.

The Buffalo Sabres may have missed out on Plan A, but their Plan B continues to look promising.Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman joined Calgary's Sportsnet 960 on Monday morning and discussed the coaching vacancy in Buffalo.The Sabres are interested in former Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma and have reportedly received permission to speak with him about the position.Friedman opined that the Buffalo job is the position Bylsma most covets: Bylsma and Buffalo is going to be an interesting one. I think that's the job he wants, from what I've been told. He coached Eichel at the worlds. Todd Richards was the head coach and Bylsma was the assistant on the American team. I think that's going to be one of his big selling points. "I coached Eichel. I coached Crosby." Getting the most out of star players, stuff like that. I believe that's going to be his sell job to the Sabres. And the other thing too is Tim Murray, one of the guys he's tightest with is Chuck Fletcher of Minnesota, who was the assistant GM in Pittsburgh when they had Bylsma and won the Stanley Cup. So I have a feeling if Fletcher gives Bylsma any kind of good recommendation to Tim Murray, that's going to help Bylsma's situation there. The Sabres were in heavy talks with Mike Babcock before he signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs and are looking to make a big splash as they continue to move forward with their rebuilding project and Bylsma may fit the bill.Bylsma won a Stanley Cup with the Penguins in 2008-09 after taking over for Michel Therrien. He amassed a record of 252-117-32 in 401 regular season games with the franchise before his dismissal in June 2014. - With h/t to Today's Slapshot

(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )
                Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 05-25-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post

Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman joined Calgary's Sportsnet 960 on Monday morning and discussed the coaching vacancy in Buffalo.

Friedman opined that the Buffalo job is the position Bylsma most covets:

Bylsma and Buffalo is going to be an interesting one. I think that's the job he wants, from what I've been told.

He coached Eichel at the worlds. Todd Richards was the head coach and Bylsma was the assistant on the American team. I think that's going to be one of his big selling points. "I coached Eichel. I coached Crosby." Getting the most out of star players, stuff like that. I believe that's going to be his sell job to the Sabres.

And the other thing too is Tim Murray, one of the guys he's tightest with is Chuck Fletcher of Minnesota, who was the assistant GM in Pittsburgh when they had Bylsma and won the Stanley Cup. So I have a feeling if Fletcher gives Bylsma any kind of good recommendation to Tim Murray, that's going to help Bylsma's situation there.

The Buffalo Sabres may have missed out on Plan A, but their Plan B continues to look promising.Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman joined Calgary's Sportsnet 960 on Monday morning and discussed the coaching vacancy in Buffalo.The Sabres are interested in former Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma and have reportedly received permission to speak with him about the position.Friedman opined that the Buffalo job is the position Bylsma most covets: Bylsma and Buffalo is going to be an interesting one. I think that's the job he wants, from what I've been told. He coached Eichel at the worlds. Todd Richards was the head coach and Bylsma was the assistant on the American team. I think that's going to be one of his big selling points. "I coached Eichel. I coached Crosby." Getting the most out of star players, stuff like that. I believe that's going to be his sell job to the Sabres. And the other thing too is Tim Murray, one of the guys he's tightest with is Chuck Fletcher of Minnesota, who was the assistant GM in Pittsburgh when they had Bylsma and won the Stanley Cup. So I have a feeling if Fletcher gives Bylsma any kind of good recommendation to Tim Murray, that's going to help Bylsma's situation there. The Sabres were in heavy talks with Mike Babcock before he signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs and are looking to make a big splash as they continue to move forward with their rebuilding project and Bylsma may fit the bill.Bylsma won a Stanley Cup with the Penguins in 2008-09 after taking over for Michel Therrien. He amassed a record of 252-117-32 in 401 regular season games with the franchise before his dismissal in June 2014. - With h/t to Today's Slapshot

(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )
                  We had Babs working a contract, we lost him. Let's not read into anything yet, anything.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Didn't lose him, he just got the offer he wanted from the team he wanted.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                      Didn't lose him, he just got the offer he wanted from the team he wanted.
                      Well, let's not Jinx it ok ? We don't want to Jinx anything that could be a positive outcome for us. You need to be careful with those things, so I hear.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        Well, let's not Jinx it ok ? We don't want to Jinx anything that could be a positive outcome for us. You need to be careful with those things, so I hear.
                        You should probably know what a jinx is, or wait till someone makes a jinx to post this.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                          i think buffalo became a dead end coaching stop after what the sabres pulled with Nolan.

Listen, i was never a fan of ted nolan. I wasn't a fan the first time he got hired, and i wasn't a fan the 2nd time. But what Murray did to him left a really sour taste in my mouth. Murray gave him the worse roster he could, and when nolan was in "danger" of overacheiving with that horrid roster he traded away any player slightly performing, or sent them down to the minors. Basically he made it impossible for nolan to win. Then at the end of the year he cans him? as if that disaster was any of his fault?

no, i don't think any A list coach wants to work with Murray.
                          They also gave him 2Y of unemployment and a chance in the NHL again. not exactly something he had going for himself prior to being hired.

i actually thought nolan showed why he's good with youngsters and getting people to buy into the program. so i'm not totally against saying he got the raw end of the deal.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                            • Jul 2002

Nolan got a golden parachute.
                            He knew what the deal was or he was dumb as a brick.
                            Notice how all the other NHL teams are avidly pursuing him?
                            I don't think he got treated badly and I'm glad he's gone.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                              • Feb 2013

It's come down to Sabres or New Jersey for Bylsma

Pierre LeBrun
                              @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Source: San Jose Sharks set to hire Peter DeBoer as next head coach, http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12961547/san-jose-sharks-poised-hire-peter-deboer-coach …
                              11:53 AM - 27 May 2015

Comment

• Swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

Bylsma was fired for a reason. He should have done better with the personnel he had in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                                X