Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sabres moving very rapidly now...have recieved permission to speak with Bylsma

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sabres moving very rapidly now...have recieved permission to speak with Bylsma

Craig Custance @CraigCustance · 3h3 hours ago

Sabres moving on quickly from Babcock. Have received permission to interview Dan Bylsma.

Craig Custance @CraigCustance · 3h3 hours ago

Craig Custance retweeted BuffaloSportsFan90
    Still have to get permission from Penguins to interview Bylsma who had term left on his contract when he was fired.
    Craig Custance added,
    BuffaloSportsFan90 @BuffSportsFan90@CraigCustance why would they need permission? He's an FA?

Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 05-21-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sabres moving very rapidly now...have recieved permission to speak with Bylsma

watch them come up second fiddle on the second fiddle.

In Murray we trust.

3. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sabres moving very rapidly now...have recieved permission to speak with Bylsma

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post

In Murray we trust.
    I agree...still think he winds up as coach of the Devils because of Shero as Shero was the one that hired him when he was with Pittsburgh...Murray has a list and he's checking it twice he's been in the NHL since 1993 that he probably knows all these coaches.
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 05-21-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bylsma just got done coaching guess who? yep you guessed it Jack Eichel, Bylsma was an assistant coach for Team USA.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,483 Times in 12,027 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In Murray we trust.
    yup, bash murray for two things he couldnt control. that makes sense.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

7. Post thanked by:

tampabay25690 (05-21-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Re: Sabres moving very rapidly now...have recieved permission to speak with Bylsma

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    yup, bash murray for two things he couldnt control. that makes sense.
    Defend Murray while not accepting his obvious limitations.

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sabres' Tim Murray discusses Babcock

SpikedLemonade

OK I listened to it for the full 24 minutes.

Now what?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike Rupp @Rupper17 · 3h3 hours ago

My humble opinion, Dan Bylsma would be a perfect fit in Buffalo. #Sabres

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

yes, because blaming murray for not getting the job done on things he has no control over is clearly a more logical approach.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 05-21-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,512 Times in 4,886 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And continue to celebrate the hiring of Babcock knowing full well LeafsNation will turn on him when(and, remember, I said WHEN-not IF)the Leafs fail to make the playoffs.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    And continue to celebrate the hiring of Babcock knowing full well LeafsNation will turn on him when(and, remember, I said WHEN-not IF)the Leafs fail to make the playoffs.
    Settle down Beavis.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ugh, I really don't like Bylsma.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    I'm not a Leaf fan but have lived among them most of my life.

I don't think the Leaf fans will turn on Babcock for a number of reasons including the fact that he is there for 8 years regardless and due to his past coaching success.

No, the pressure is actually on Shanny rather than Babcock since Shanny has no prior success in his role and most of what needs to be done is player acquisition. The fans will turn on Shanny in 3 or more years.

The same is true of the Sabres fans and Murray.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Ugh, I really don't like Bylsma.
    Why not?

He has experience. He is only 44 years old. He has won a SC. He won Coach of the Year. Apparently, he is tough on players.

Sounds exactly what the Sabres need.

19. Post thanked by:

coastal (05-21-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i think buffalo became a dead end coaching stop after what the sabres pulled with Nolan.

Listen, i was never a fan of ted nolan. I wasn't a fan the first time he got hired, and i wasn't a fan the 2nd time. But what Murray did to him left a really sour taste in my mouth. Murray gave him the worse roster he could, and when nolan was in "danger" of overacheiving with that horrid roster he traded away any player slightly performing, or sent them down to the minors. Basically he made it impossible for nolan to win. Then at the end of the year he cans him? as if that disaster was any of his fault?

no, i don't think any A list coach wants to work with Murray.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

21. Post thanked by:

coastal (05-21-2015)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    i think buffalo became a dead end coaching stop after what the sabres pulled with Nolan.

Listen, i was never a fan of ted nolan. I wasn't a fan the first time he got hired, and i wasn't a fan the 2nd time. But what Murray did to him left a really sour taste in my mouth. Murray gave him the worse roster he could, and when nolan was in "danger" of overacheiving with that horrid roster he traded away any player slightly performing, or sent them down to the minors. Basically he made it impossible for nolan to win. Then at the end of the year he cans him? as if that disaster was any of his fault?

I can't wait to see how the homers respond to this accurate assessment.

23. Post thanked by:

coastal (05-21-2015),tampabay25690 (05-21-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post

yes and no. murray just wants his own guy in there. nolan wasnt going to be kept around from day 1. it was just a stop gap hire, giving a guy who didnt deserve it in the first place a gift, if you will. everyone knew nolan was gone at the end of the season. once the dismantlement of the team was complete, and the team is being put together for the long haul, that included the coaching staff.

people can say that it wasnt right, and thats fine. they gave him a no-win scenario, and i can see how that would rub people the wrong way. but at the end of the day, murray is trying to assemble a roster that will compete for hopefully a cup down the road. that wasnt going to include nolan in any way. why waste time keeping a bad coach to preserve some feelings?

the re-hire of nolan was a mistake, murray had to correct that mistake eventually.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Why not?

He has experience. He is only 44 years old. He has won a SC. He won Coach of the Year. Apparently, he is tough on players.

Sounds exactly what the Sabres need.
    Because he's a guy who is better on a veteran team. He's not good for the kids coming up who will be losing ice time to whichever veteran grinder he will overplay at the expense of prospect development.

He's a better version of Ted Nolan pretty much. That's not what this team needs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    Sabres' Tim Murray discusses Babcock

tim sure seemed excited when talking about eichel. i also like that he admitted he said some silly things.