Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 reasons Buffalo’s D won’t miss a beat without Marcel Dareus in season opener

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

4 reasons Buffalo’s D won’t miss a beat without Marcel Dareus in season opener

Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcel Dareus was suspended one game by the NFL on Thursday, meaning the Pro Bowler will sit out the season opener against Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts. Anytime the high-powered Indy offense is coming to town, it’s worrisome to lose arguably your best player in an elite defense. A closer look however reveals that Buffalo’s D may be just fine on opening day.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/05/22/4-...season-opener/

might be the best player on the whole team so its a big loss but the article makes some good pts
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

2. Post thanked by:

better days (05-22-2015),BillsImpossible (05-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,521 Times in 17,414 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 4 reasons Buffalo’s D won’t miss a beat without Marcel Dareus in season opener

That's a little more than glass-is-half-full analysis. Obviously I'm of the opinion the defense is starting out missing a few beats anyway, losing Dareus only makes it worse. Hoping Indy doesn't run the ball effectively or basically an entirely new defensive line can step it up seems like asking for too much.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 4 reasons Buffalo’s D won’t miss a beat without Marcel Dareus in season opener

I wish someone could explain to me how Dareus can be the top ranked tackle at stopping the run & have double digit sacks yet have 20 tackles rated ahead of him.

5. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (05-22-2015),ublinkwescore (05-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    That's a little more than glass-is-half-full analysis. Obviously I'm of the opinion the defense is starting out missing a few beats anyway, losing Dareus only makes it worse. Hoping Indy doesn't run the ball effectively or basically an entirely new defensive line can step it up seems like asking for too much.
    So who exactly is new on the DL Rat?

Seems to be the exact same players that have been on the team & played in the same defense in 2013 to me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    So who exactly is new on the DL Rat?

Seems to be the exact same players that have been on the team & played in the same defense in 2013 to me.
    There's going to be a 'new' DE replacing Dareus for the Indy game. There's going to be a new DE opposite him. There should be a new NT to replace Kyle, if not as a starter I'm speculating he'll be rotated out more this season. There will be times when there are three guys manning the line at the same time that wouldn't have in the past two seasons.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There's going to be a 'new' DE replacing Dareus for the Indy game. There's going to be a new DE opposite him. There should be a new NT to replace Kyle, if not as a starter I'm speculating he'll be rotated out more this season. There will be times when there are three guys manning the line at the same time that wouldn't have in the past two seasons.
    But every player on the DL will be playing the same position he played at least a little in 2013.

I would agree that Dareus's replacement can be called second tier or back up, but whoever it is they are not new.

And I would expect Carrington, Charles & Bryant to share the load.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

At this rate, we could discuss every game and some could justify the Bills going 0-16.

This just in. This team has talent too.

Blindly explaining every opponents greatness is as slanted as the so-called "homer" moniker thrown at any Bills fan.

The Colts are hardly road warriors.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (05-22-2015),BillsImpossible (05-22-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    At this rate, we could discuss every game and some could justify the Bills going 0-16.

This just in. This team has talent too.

Blindly explaining every opponents greatness is as slanted as the so-called "homer" moniker thrown at any Bills fan.

The Colts are hardly road warriors.
    I don't think anybody in this thread has even remotely addressed 'how great' Indy is.

Buffalo still has a chance, even without Dareus...nobody that I know of is chalking up the opener as an automatic loss.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think anybody in this thread has even remotely addressed 'how great' Indy is.

Buffalo still has a chance, even without Dareus...nobody that I know of is chalking up the opener as an automatic loss.
    "0-1. We couldn't beat the ****ing Raiders without Dareus. No way we beat the Colts."

13. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (05-22-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What makes this thread so interesting is how nobody really knows who's going to be playing where on the front 7 for the Bills defense.

3-4 or 4-3? Is Mario Williams going to be a linebacker, or defensive end? Is Kyle Williams going to play the nose, or defensive end?

Stefan Charles? Oh Canada...

Jerry Hughes? DE or LB?

A combination of both? I don't think the Colts will be able to stop Rex Ryan's best defense yet.

Dareus' 1 game suspension might seem minimal, but if the Bills dominate the Colts with their defense without him, that $100 million plus contract could get put on the side burner.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

yeah i dont think so. marcell has arrived as an elite talent and the bills will pay him. maybe a little discount for his personal history but its still gonna be massive

16. Post thanked by:

YardRat (05-23-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    "0-1. We couldn't beat the ****ing Raiders without Dareus. No way we beat the Colts."
    Last year Marrone was HC & that game was played in Oakland.

This year Rex is the HC along with an all star staff & not only is the game being played in Buffalo, but it is the OPENING DAY game!

No way in HELL the Bills lose this game.

18. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (05-23-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcel Dareus was suspended one game by the NFL on Thursday, meaning the Pro Bowler will sit out the season opener against Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts. Anytime the high-powered Indy offense is coming to town, it’s worrisome to lose arguably your best player in an elite defense. A closer look however reveals that Buffalo’s D may be just fine on opening day.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2015/05/22/4-...season-opener/
    Dareus may not matter but Duke "the ****ing ultimate liability in the pass game" Williams will matter.

Luck will hone in on that loser like stink on cheese, man.

Don't be a stupid homer.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Duke Williams is our second worst player after EJ Manuel.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Colts will beat us 42-17.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Duke Williams is our second worst player after EJ Manuel.
    Well, if you are correct, Neither of them will be on the field when the season starts.

They may not even be on the team when the season starts if you are correct.

But Luck will have a hard time completing passes while he is on the ground, & you can expect to see him there often in that game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, if you are correct, Neither of them will be on the field when the season starts.

They may not even be on the team when the season starts if you are correct.

But Luck will have a hard time completing passes while he is on the ground, & you can expect to see him there often in that game.
    I don't.

He's surprisingly elusive for a Geico caveman.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    I don't.

He's surprisingly elusive for a Geico caveman.
    Well, Rex is GOOD at having his defense get to the QB.

You will be proven wrong.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I still think Duke is going to be a decent player.

26. Post thanked by:

better days (05-24-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I still think Duke is going to be a decent player.
    I think so as well.

The Bills had a plan when they let Searcy walk & that plan included Duke.