Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: You have to cut one QB

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: You have to cut one QB

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    True, but that's not what Meat wished for.

This is the trouble with dissecting jokes.
    I dissect them anyway, most of them aren't funny. Except for mine when I make one and good luck deciding when I do because I'm not even sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    and good luck deciding when I do because I'm not even sure.
    I've always suspected that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I've always suspected that.
    I knew you'd say that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Makes a lot of sense to cut him before seeing him play again under real coaches. #dumb
    The reason why EJ can't hit the broad side of barn isn't because of who was coaching him.

Remember watching that play last year when EJ threw the ball about 8 feet over the head of a wide open Robert Woods?

I can't bring myself to blame Marrone or Hackett for EJ Manuel's inability to hit wide open receivers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    I can't bring myself to blame Marrone or Hackett for EJ Manuel's inability to hit wide open receivers.
    I honestly can. You bring in a developmental rookie and teach him fast paced no huddle, then change him to "no mistakes" cautious regular pace, then wonder why when you let him throw, he's trying to hard or not hard enough. They didn't develop him any. Watch this, watch that, no watch everything, no watch nothing, no watch some of this, no watch some of that...

Doesn't mean he still won't be any good, but at least give him a stable offense to try to use. They changed that offense an awful lot when they let Orton start slinging. Looks pretty clear to me Manuel wasn't what Hackett/Marrone had in mind and then they didn't really know what to do besides sit him down and hope he learned something.

They had no QB coach that first year of trying a fast paced quick read offense with developmental QB, then hired a woeful one in Todd Downing who "helped" Stafford regress in year 2.

Hurts nothing whatever to see what Manuel can do now with a theme that won't be gunslinger heaven in a clipped passing offense. If he blows, at least let him fail on merit.

But it absolutely has a ton to do with who was or wasn't coaching a developmental guy everyone and their mother knew was developmental.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (05-29-2015),Bill Cody (05-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I honestly can. You bring in a developmental rookie and teach him fast paced no huddle, then change him to "no mistakes" cautious regular pace, then wonder why when you let him throw, he's trying to hard or not hard enough. They didn't develop him any. Watch this, watch that, no watch everything, no watch nothing, no watch some of this, no watch some of that...

Doesn't mean he still won't be any good, but at least give him a stable offense to try to use. They changed that offense an awful lot when they let Orton start slinging. Looks pretty clear to me Manuel wasn't what Hackett/Marrone had in mind and then they didn't really know what to do besides sit him down and hope he learned something.

They had no QB coach that first year of trying a fast paced quick read offense with developmental QB, then hired a woeful one in Todd Downing who "helped" Stafford regress in year 2.

Hurts nothing whatever to see what Manuel can do now with a theme that won't be gunslinger heaven in a clipped passing offense. If he blows, at least let him fail on merit.

But it absolutely has a ton to do with who was or wasn't coaching a developmental guy everyone and their mother knew was developmental.
    Exactly. And when EJ was benched, he said next time I get my chance I'm going to fire all the bullets in my gun.

Sounds like EJ was limited by Marrone & Hackett, told not to run, to play it safe.

EJ will probably never be the most accurate QB, but he needs to fully use the ability he does have such as his mobility to get most out of what he does have.

8. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Exactly. And when EJ was benched, he said next time I get my chance I'm going to fire all the bullets in my gun.

Sounds like EJ was limited by Marrone & Hackett, told not to run, to play it safe.

EJ will probably never be the most accurate QB, but he needs to fully use the ability he does have such as his mobility to get most out of what he does have.
    It sure can't hurt to let him try again since we have to pay him anyway.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (05-30-2015)