Article: 'Buffalo Bills: Five Reasons why “Ground n’ Pound” Gameplan is a Bluff'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Article: 'Buffalo Bills: Five Reasons why “Ground n’ Pound” Gameplan is a Bluff'

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    I'm not sure if you realize McCoy is not a contact runner and has a tendency to dance to the outside without an obvious hole in front of him. A Marshawn Lynch is a between the tackles runner ?
    Karlos Williams fills that description too from the highlights I've seen on Youtube.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

Re: Article: 'Buffalo Bills: Five Reasons why “Ground n’ Pound” Gameplan is a Bluff'

teams rarely go outside of sixty-ish pcent on one side of the run/pass ratio regardless of their specialty so there will still be a lot of passing in g&p. you would hope that all the shiny talent on offense would make those plays count more often
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
        Chris brings OG/OT experience. If he doesn't earn a starting spot his flexibility might give him a better chance at ending up on the final 53 vs a guy like Richardson.
        He's not durable enough. Been on the mend for over 2 years now. He can't stay healthy, and he makes a lot more money than John Miller.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Karlos Williams fills that description too from the highlights I've seen on Youtube.
          Absolutely. I kind of secretly loved the pick though it made me raise an eyebrow.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            Absolutely. I kind of secretly loved the pick though it made me raise an eyebrow.
            I didn't secretly love the pick, I openly loved it. He's not a saint, but he's not OJ either.

Williams can run between the tackles better than McCoy. He's a bigger back.

Williams is 6'1 and 230 lbs. McCoy is 5'11 and 208 lbs.

"208."

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Williams can bounce it outside, and run in between the tackles too.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                He's not durable enough. Been on the mend for over 2 years now. He can't stay healthy, and he makes a lot more money than John Miller.
                Who cares about salary when developing a roster? Sure ideally our backup be making less than our starter but sometimes it doesn't happen. It's not the end of the world.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Williams can bounce it outside, and run in between the tackles too.
                  He's got some shimmy to his game but I don't see him as a full bounce guy.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

He's got some shimmy to his game but I don't see him as a full bounce guy.
                    Looks to me like Williams would rather run it up the middle. Bouncing outside is not his first instinct.

Loved those short yardage runs on the goal line straight up the middle. 6'1 230 lbs. He's a big dude.

6'1 230 running pounds going up against linebackers that weigh 20 or 30 lbs more.

5'11 208 running pounds going up against linebackers that weigh 20 or 30 lbs more.

That's why Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas are in the Hall of Fame.

LeSean McCoy wants to eclipse Adrian Peterson. He is driven to win and be the best running back of all time.

The Bills have some good backup running back insurance in Williams and Jackson.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Looks to me like Williams would rather run it up the middle. Bouncing outside is not his first instinct.

Loved those short yardage runs on the goal line straight up the middle. 6'1 230 lbs. He's a big dude.
                      Karlos supposedly loves contact when he brings his "A" game. Shady not so much. Williams can probably bounce outside a tad better than Shady can move a pile.

But you have to figure they have a good stable of backs heading into camp, with about as much prep for a ground and pound as they could have.

I still crave a bruising back here in any case. Jackson always (to me) plays over his weight but shouldn't have to. For 216 lbs, Jackson plays 240 lbs. Wicked sad shame they haven't to date put a team around him worth his effort.

They have about as much backfield talent as they can have atm though, so let it roll. The running game is sure no bluff though.

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Four reasons why "Ground-n-Pound" isn't a bluff.... Cassel, Manuel, Taylor and Tuel

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Who cares about salary when developing a roster? Sure ideally our backup be making less than our starter but sometimes it doesn't happen. It's not the end of the world.
                          Speaking of salary, I heard John Clayton talkk about the Fins salary the other day.

It looks like they will be over the cap next season & will have to let some players go.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Considering the lack of resources devoted to the OL, ground and pound won't be possible
                            What are you talking about? 4 draft choices in two years. Signings of Williams, Incognito?

While I don't have the most confidence in last year's 3 draftees - they were rookies. Let's give them this camp, at least, before we give up on them.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                              Four reasons why "Ground-n-Pound" isn't a bluff.... Cassel, Manuel, Taylor and Tuel
                              The best hope is that Cassel turns out to be a poor man's Alex Smith and that they will end up with neither too weighted toward pass or run. Down 1 - run. Down 2 - run. Down 3 - screen pass. Get ready for it.

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                                I kind of disagree with this if we can change the nuance of ground and pound to pound from the LOS. Lot's of screens and short passes mixed into the run game might be our best chance ....
                                I would expect the offense to more closely resemble that...at least early in games. Really, the modern version of the league only sees 'ground and pound' late when you are trying to run out the game with a lead.
                                YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍