Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Jeff Tuel

SpikedLemonade

Bye Bye Jeff Tuel

@HBalzer721
    The Bills claimed QB Matt Simms on waivers from the Jets and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

@buffalobills
    The Bills have claimed QB Matt Simms and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

http://bufbills.co/4wXn8U

I am no Jeff Tuel fan but I am getting tired of Rex sucking any *** that is Jets green.

How can a team that was 4-12 last year just happen to have so many players we now want?

Why not open your eyes Rex and be open minded to what we may have on the roster rather than adding more losers from the Jets.
    Last edited by X-Era; 05-30-2015 at 06:34 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (05-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bye Bye Jeff Tuel

Exactly how many players have the Bills picked up from that Jets team? Answer the question.

I really don't think that's an issue at all.

Tons of coaches came over from New Jersey, but it's not unusual at all for a head coach's staff to follow him to his next team...that's a little different.

But Matt Simms himself is probably just a camp arm.

4. Post thanked by:

better days (05-29-2015)

SpikedLemonade

Not sure how many actually came over but it seems Rex has expressed way too much interest in former Jets players and coaches given they were 4-12 last year.

I don't trust his player evaluation of offensive players.

He should concentrate on making this D the best in the NFL. That is something he does know about.

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-29-2015)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 3,308 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rex is GM?

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Muktar al-Portlandi View Post
    Rex is GM?
    You see the personalities of Doug and Rex and you wonder who is wearing the pants in that relationship?

The loudmouth blowhard is walking all over Doug. Whatever Rex wants, Rex gets.

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow. The man hasn't even coached a game for the Bills and the *****ing has already started.

10. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (05-30-2015),better days (05-29-2015),Historian (05-31-2015),Night Train (05-30-2015),The last buffalo fan (05-29-2015),X-Era (05-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Exactly how many players have the Bills picked up from that Jets team? Answer the question.

Tons of coaches came over from New Jersey, but it's not unusual at all for a head coach's staff to follow him to his next team...that's a little different.

Players only have so much practice squad eligibility.

Tuel was probably close to the end of his.

I expect Simms to be the new PS QB.

12. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (05-30-2015),Yasgur's Farm (05-29-2015)

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well maybe now his father Phil will stop the Patriots and start the Bills...rimshot

14. Post thanked by:

better days (05-30-2015),The last buffalo fan (05-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Camp arm who has ties to our coaching staff. At the very least should be in the discussion as a possible QB3 but not sure he's better than Tyrod but wouldn't be shocked if he beats him out for the spot. As to me Simms is an ideal bench QB as can see him helping other QBs on the sidelines etc.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Wow. The man hasn't even coached a game for the Bills and the *****ing has already started.
    4th string quarterback is a pretty big deal on the internet.

17. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (05-30-2015),djjimkelly (05-30-2015),The last buffalo fan (05-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Camp arm...Tuel had his shot, and ,managed to pull out a victory for KC. Third/fourth stringers don't get many opportunities unless they really raise the roof.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not that my opinion matters...

I always liked Tuel. I thought he had some potential. It was frustrating to see stupid Bills fans on web boards want to give EJ Manuel 100 years to develop and wanted to dump Tuel. They came at the same time and Tuel was no worse than Manuel.

That said, I think Simms has more upside than Tuel. I also think McElroy was a far better QB than people gave him credit for. I hope they keep Simms and dump Tyrod Toolbag.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tuel... Simms.... Does it really matter? Neither one was going to make it past the first round of preseason cuts.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,473 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post

Well three that I count on his clueless side of the ball (offense), (Simms, Connor, Harvin), which alarms me less than bringing in former Jets clueless side of the ball (offense) coaches Lee, Lal, and Sparano Jr. Simms is relatively irrelevant imho, as Tuel was.

And this is not the time to gripe, this is the time to mourn Tuel's memorable time in preseason, on the pines, and 59 pass attempts which unfortunately gave opponents 144 yards of soul crushing touchdown interceptions to offset his one TD.

But let us remember him instead for his spectacular preseason in 2013 and his very sweet 59 yard TD to Marquise Goodwin on this day of his parting with our beloved colors, and hope that ahead he may find a calling and a peace that life may reward the feeble hope that he once so freely gave to us all.

Don't you sign with anyone in the division and give them our playbook, and may you find the true satisfaction of happiness in your life's journey with that touchdown ball on your mantle evermore.

I weep.

22. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (05-29-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well three that I count on his clueless side of the ball (offense), (Simms, Connor, Harvin), which alarms me less than bringing in former Jets clueless side of the ball (offense) coaches Lee, Lal, and Sparano Jr. Simms is relatively irrelevant imho, as Tuel was.

And this is not the time to gripe, this is the time to mourn Tuel's memorable time in preseason, on the pines, and 59 pass attempts which unfortunately gave opponents 144 yards of soul crushing touchdown interceptions to offset his one TD.

But let us remember him instead for his spectacular preseason in 2013 and his very sweet 59 yard TD to Marquise Goodwin on this day of his parting with our beloved colors, and hope that ahead he may find a calling and a peace that life may reward the feeble hope that he once so freely gave to us all.

Don't you sign with anyone in the division and give them our playbook, and may you find the true satisfaction of happiness in your life's journey with that touchdown ball on your mantle evermore.

I weep.
    Well said, very moving. I brought a casserole.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

24. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-29-2015),Night Train (05-30-2015),YardRat (05-30-2015)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,473 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GvilleBills View Post
    Well said, very moving. I brought a casserole.
    What did you get, I need one and have no clue on a good one to get ?

26. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (05-30-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

imagine if hackett hadnt had him throw that pass. things coulda been way different for him. he was on his way to winning his first nfl start. and im standing in front of the tv on that play screaming out loud 'do anything but dont put the ball in the air'. being so close to the endzone theres very little defensive space to cover, you can make a guess and come up with a pick A LOT easier than anywhere else on the field. if they run it up the gut again and get stuffed again, they kick the fg and go up by two scores in a game they were controlling. of course the reason you dont let tuel throw there is the same reason carroll sholdnta had wilson throwing in the superbowl - that exact result. except in the sb it was just possession where for tuel it was a 99.9999999 yd pick six, but throwing in that situation was dumb for both teams and lost the game for them

so yeah imagine if he wins that game. mighta got another few starts. as it is, he gets blamed for what was really more of hacketts blunder
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is what we get in Rex. Players and asst coaches love him because he's loyal to a fault. We're beginning to see the fault.

29. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    This is what we get in Rex. Players and asst coaches love him because he's loyal to a fault. We're beginning to see the fault.
    Dunno about all that.

Players are out of the discussion here. Matt Simms? C'mon. The only two players are Percy Harvin and John Conner. Is there really a problem there?

Is there REALLY a problem with the defensive coaches he's brought in. Better that they know Rex and what he wants to do. Less "getting to know you" transition period, not to mention the fact that Rex and his crew have been fielding some of the better defenses in the league for some time now.

On offense, Greg Roman was brought in to run that. Completely new. We probably need the most help on the o-line...Aaron Kromer is completely new to Rex as o-line coach. Have you been paying attention to who the Jets had at WR and QB in the past few years? Were the coaches supposed to spin gold from ****?

I'm not sure exactly who Rex has brought over from the Jets that you have a problem with.

Please name names, because there really is not too much there to make your claim.
    Last edited by feldspar; 05-30-2015 at 08:21 AM.

31. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (05-30-2015),better days (05-30-2015),Historian (05-31-2015),Meathead (05-30-2015),swiper (05-30-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    @HBalzer721
    The Bills claimed QB Matt Simms on waivers from the Jets and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

@buffalobills
    The Bills have claimed QB Matt Simms and waived QB Jeff Tuel.

http://bufbills.co/4wXn8U

I am no Jeff Tuel fan but I am getting tired of Rex sucking any *** that is Jets green.

How can a team that was 4-12 last year just happen to have so many players we now want?

Why not open your eyes Rex and be open minded to what we may have on the roster rather than adding more losers from the Jets.
    Somebody call the whambulance for Spike. He is hurt pretty badly.