Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Roger Goodell has a big problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Roger Goodell has a big problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would guess any ensuing lawsuit, if there is one, would be within the context of the powers and authority of the commissioner to hand out the penalty, not the penalty itself. Or another Vilma-like defamation charge, which didn't work out in his favor. The league will not lose. Their ass is covered by the league C & B, and there doesn't appear at this time to be any violations of the language of the CBA. This is all posturing by Brady and his camp to minimize the damage he's inflicted on himself.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,243 Times in 15,407 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

4. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (05-31-2015),sudzy (05-31-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Yeah. I wouldn't be so sure about that last part.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Google "diet deflate belly"...
    Perhaps you could use that dieting advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thank you to the Mod that moved this to NFLzone. Not Bills related.

He shoots, he scores.

8. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (05-31-2015)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,930 Times in 13,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seeing as the cowardly mods have decided, ONCE AGAIN, to give into the board's mouthbreathers and knuckle-draggers, could you please move the thread into the politics forum?

This is now a political issue and the Spin 2one would be the place I'd rather have it go to.

Thanks.

From now on, anything I have to say about football, including the Bills will be there. I leave the Bills forum to those it deserves.
    My tebya razdavim

10. Post thanked by:

upstart (06-13-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sparty has a big problem

1. He can admit hes a troll
    2. Admit that he's a pats fan who is too stupid to know he's been caught with a cheating team
    3. Between his feeding on his own feces, he tends to just write stupid crap routinely.

12. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (05-31-2015),sudzy (05-31-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is 100% NFL news... Nothing to do with politics or the Bills. I suggest, in the future, you put more thought into the proper forums for you threads... That way you can avoid personal attacks of the "cowardly mods".
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 05-31-2015 at 09:29 AM.

14. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (06-05-2015),feldspar (06-01-2015),sudzy (05-31-2015)

Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer POTLAND PSILBYLO's Avatar
    Portland, Oregon Cocoa Mate: Mandy Pepperidge
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,780 Times in 3,326 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What Shivhole's doing is defending Brady as an American hero, and baiting you into attacking on principle. This way, he can get off on his self-admitted amazing puppetry skills. He gives a rat's ass about Tom Brady or Bill Belichik.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seeing as the cowardly mods have decided, ONCE AGAIN, to give into the board's mouthbreathers and knuckle-draggers, could you please move the thread into the politics forum?

This is now a political issue and the Spin 2one would be the place I'd rather have it go to.

Thanks.

From now on, anything I have to say about football, including the Bills will be there. I leave the Bills forum to those it deserves.
    Do you get butt ****ed by your Uncle Rick in Gatlinburg, Tennessee?

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I suppose that you can go through all of the documents and data and in not one place does it directly say that Tom Brady was at fault. However, anyone who thinks that the QB of an NFL team had no knowledge of something that went on with the thing that he makes his living on, is just not being honest with themselves.

Regardless of the outcome, I think TB knew about it. I don't think it affected his performance though.

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,930 Times in 13,282 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    This is 100% NFL news... Nothing to do with politics or the Bills. I suggest, in the future, you put more thought into the proper forums for you threads... That way you can avoid personal attacks of the "cowardly mods".
    And I suggest, that in the future, you can kiss my ass.

You're a moderator? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Karen Carpenter says you should pipe down and have a salad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You need a refresher of the TOS.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ct-and-Service
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 06-03-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://nesn.com/2015/06/new-york-tim...deeply-flawed/
    New England Patriots Schedule Standings Stats Roster Video Live Blog Odds New York Times Backs Patriots, Finds Wells Report ‘Deeply Flawed’ by Doug Kyed on Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 3:51PM Share this: Fancred The New England Patriots have an influential party on their side regarding Deflategate. The American Enterprise Institute conducted an independent study into the evidence of Deflategate found in the Wells Report. Kevin A. Hassett and Stan A. Veuger published their findings, that the Wells Report is “deeply flawed” in a New York Times opinion piece Friday. AEI also found a lack of evidence against the New Orleans Saints in Bountygate and presented their findings at an NFL hearing in November 2012. Hassett and Veuger point out the NFL lifted all player suspension the next month. AEI took issue with the Indianapolis Colts’ footballs in the Deflategate controversy, not the Patriots’, in their study. “There are, after all, two possibilities,” Hassett and Veuger wrote. “The first is that the Patriots balls declined too much. The second — overlooked by the Wells report — is that the Colts balls declined too little.” Hassett and Veuger point out the Patriots’ footballs were measured at the beginning of halftime, while the Colts’ footballs were tested at the end of halftime, allowing them to regain air pressure. The NFL players association could use this latest study during Tom Brady’s four-game suspension appeal.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,243 Times in 15,407 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I've bookmarked this thread so when Sparky is proven to be totally wrong again, we can remind him.
    I almost forgot to bump this.

Well...Tom Brady had one of the highest profile lawyers in the country, Ted Olson...and he STILL lost in the Court of Appeals...TWICE after the wrongheaded Circuit Court judge was found to be full of ****.

He's quietly serving his much deserved suspension, and Goodell, the NFL and the whole world has not come crashing down in a big heap on injustice...

Tom Brady Suspension Case Time line

April 25: The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals reverses Berman's decision on a 2-1 ruling that reinstates Brady's four-game suspension.

In a 33-page decision, the majority opinion stated: "We hold that the commissioner properly exercised his broad discretion under the collective bargaining agreement and that his procedural rulings were properly grounded in that agreement and did not deprive Brady of fundamental fairness. Accordingly, we reverse the judgement of the district court and remand with instructions to confirm the award."

The court stated its ruling was more about upholding the power of the CBA and ensuring that Goodell did not overstep his written authority. Several times in the decision, the appeals court noted that their scope was fairly limited, and zeroed in on a few basic principles of the CBA.

"The basic principle driving both our analysis and our conclusion is well established: a federal court's review of labor arbitration awards is narrowly circumscribed and highly deferential -- indeed, among the most deferential in the law. Our role is not to determine whether Brady participated in a scheme to deflate footballs or whether the suspension imposed by the commissioner should have been for three games or five games or none at all. Nor is it our role to second-guess the arbitrator's procedural rulings.

"Our obligation is limited to determining whether the arbitration proceedings and award met the minimum legal standards established by the Labor Management Relations Act."

May 3: The Second Circuit grants Brady an extension until May 23 to decide whether to ask for a rehearing in front of the same three-judge panel or a new hearing -- called "en banc" -- in front of the entire circuit.

May 23: Brady's lawyers file a petition for rehearing of his suspension case against the NFL before the U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals. Brady's legal team, led by former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, petitions for a panel rehearing or a rehearing en banc.

May 25: Patriots file an amicus brief in support of Brady and the NFLPA's petition for an en banc rehearing.

July 13: The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals denies a petition by Brady and the NFLPA on to rehear the suspension case, meaning Brady's last opportunity to dissolve the punishment would have to come in a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court.

July 15: Brady announces via his Facebook page that he has "made the difficult decision to longer proceed with the legal process." Brady will accept his four-game suspension and be eligible to return to the field against the Cleveland Browns on Oct. 9.
    Goodell stood up to the bullies and cheaters. Good for him. **** you Tom Brady!