Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo to Stream NFL’s Bills-Jaguars Game

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Yahoo to Stream NFL’s Bills-Jaguars Game

You better ****ing bring the ****ing NFL to ****ing Mexico and ****ing forget about this ****ing problem, ****!
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

2. Post thanked by:

better days (06-03-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    I don't think the NFL has a good brand.

If I didn't love the Bills, I seriously wouldn't watch a single NFL game. Football isn't that great of a sport now that it's all a lame passing league.

I haven't watched a Superbowl since the Cards/Rape team in 2009, I think.
    Sadly, Im starting to feel this way too... it may be because its the dead of the offseason, but for some reason, the NFL is (for me) coming dangerously close to losing it.

I cant believe Im about to say this, but its actually REFRESHING to watch an NBA game and not have the broadcasters treating it like ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME EVER AND ITS LIFE OR DEATH RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!1

The focus is on, you know, basketball... the game being played. And not the theatrics that come with it. This whole debacle about the Super Bowl winning quarterback being a cheater not once, but twice now, and the league pussyfooting around it by suspending him 4 games, when it should be a life time ban, is insulting.

People have said the NFL jumped the shark long ago, but its starting to feel like more of a circus than a sport. Their insistence on parity has also overvalued the QB position to such a large extent that "parity" is the furthest thing from what the league has achieved. its a complete monopoly of allstar qbs winning super bowls, with no hope for 90% of the league.

Its entertainment. Its just not bigger than life, no matter how much they want to sell that. And kicking a game off at 9am and streaming it on the internet basically assures something is going to happen that hasnt happened in over 15 years this fall: im voluntarily going to miss a game, and not care. Oh well. The NBA looks like its entering a golden era. Steph Curry is sick, teams are bombing threes with reckless abandon, and the 4 conference finalists (Cleveland, Atlanta, Houston, and GS) are all also rans that have taken over by flying in the face of conventional ball and launching 3s non stop. It would be like Bills v Browns/Detroit v Washington for the Super Bowl. Its a great sport. I was a Knicks fan for all of the 90s and 2000s. Watch how fast I can go back to loving that sport.

As fast as you can say "Goodell is in over his head"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I dropped my Sunday Ticket package and I now I get to watch the game. Works for me.
    If the game were not on Yahoo, it would have been shown on NATIONAL TV as the other London games will be.

May work for you but not me.

I have 75 mbps internet speed, but I know my experience watching this game will not be as good as if it were on CBS.
    Last edited by better days; 06-03-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    If the game were not on Yahoo, it would have been shown on NATIONAL TV as the other London games will be.

May work for you but not me.

I have 75 mbps internet speed, but I know my experience watching this game will not be as good as if it were on CBS.
    I don't believe the London game has been on national TV the past few years. Not sure why you're assuming the Bills/Jags would of been.

My experience will be great, I've been using ESPN3 for years and it's been great. This is the future and I can't wait for it become this way for every game in every league.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't believe the London game has been on national TV the past few years. Not sure why you're assuming the Bills/Jags would of been.
    Because Bills-Jags would have been alone in its timeslot, just as Detroit-Atlanta was when it was nationally televised (http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=8)

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,375 Times in 8,986 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No thanks to an online feed.

I'd rather go to London.

In fact, maybe I should research that and make it happen...
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Because Bills-Jags would have been alone in its timeslot, just as Detroit-Atlanta was when it was nationally televised (http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=8)
    Didn't realize that.

Oh well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm glad I'm in the regional market to see the game on TV. If was getting gouged for the ticket I would be beyond pissed about this and tell them to shove the fine print up their asses. I see a class action lawsuit coming from this fiasco.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,375 Times in 8,986 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I'm glad I'm in the regional market to see the game on TV. If was getting gouged for the ticket I would be beyond pissed about this and tell them to shove the fine print up their asses. I see a class action lawsuit coming from this fiasco.
    One more feather in Roger Goodell's cap if that happens.

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know it's just lowly Buffalo and Jacksonville at 6am PST on Sunday, but why not use this on a preseason game? I think that this stinks, anyone outside of Buffalo or Jacksonville won't even have radio coverage for the game if/when the feed craps out. We'd have to watch the stupid Game Center on nfl.com or just get the score at the end of the game.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 26,364 Times in 13,764 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My experience will be great, I've been using ESPN3 for years and it's been great. This is the future and I can't wait for it become this way for every game in every league.
    Me neither, but this is the FIRST time the NFL has ever done this. ESPN3 works great NOW- not so much 5 or 6 years ago when they first offered it. We are the guinea pigs and when (not if) they **** it up, we will miss portions of the game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Me neither, but this is the FIRST time the NFL has ever done this. ESPN3 works great NOW- not so much 5 or 6 years ago when they first offered it. We are the guinea pigs and when (not if) they **** it up, we will miss portions of the game.
    Like I said this is great for me. Missing only a few moments, which I don't automatically concede is going to happen, is better than not seeing any of it. Should be a fun experience to see what Yahoo can do with it and how they make it work.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Like I said this is great for me. Missing only a few moments, which I don't automatically concede is going to happen, is better than not seeing any of it. Should be a fun experience to see what Yahoo can do with it and how they make it work.
    I work in software development and essentially this is deploying to production without a real world test. It always ends poorly. Maybe they have some way to do a load test, but given how they don't even have an accurate way to measure demand, I fail to see how any load test will be sufficient. It's guess work.

And even if it's great for you, some of us are paying for Sunday Ticket and not getting what we pay for, and the league doesn't give a **** because that moron Goodell has this pipe dream about international expansion. He considers current customers to be a given so much so that he is willing to piss them off for an outside chance at new customers. It's an arrogant and poorly conceived strategy.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All I care about pertaining to this thread is eating steak, eggs and bacon at 8:30 am ET and washing it down with my first of many beers a half hour later.

This only gives me another reason to have a party the Saturdary night beforehand. It only makes logical sense.

The only problem might be waking up on time for the game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    All I care about pertaining to this thread is eating steak, eggs and bacon at 8:30 am ET and washing it down with my first of many beers a half hour later.

This only gives me another reason to have a party the Saturdary night beforehand. It only makes logical sense.

The only problem might be waking up on time for the game.
    I hate everything about this game.

I hate the fact that the team has to travel 6 or 7 hours and have a 5 hour time difference instead of 3-4 hours travel in the same time zone.

I hate the fact that they have to play in front of lukewarm fans in a foreign country. The fan base will consist of Europeans who don't really care about football and military or ex pat Americans who don't really care about either team.

I hate the fact that the game is on so early.

I hate the fact that I have to watch it on the fickle Internet rather than on DirecTV Sunday Ticket despite paying a small fortune for the privilege of having Sunday Ticket.

I hate the fact that Goodell is willing to alienate his current customer base for the outside shot at an international market.

The only slightly redeeming factor is that for once, an opponent gave up their home game to play in another country instead of us.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I work in software development and essentially this is deploying to production without a real world test. It always ends poorly. Maybe they have some way to do a load test, but given how they don't even have an accurate way to measure demand, I fail to see how any load test will be sufficient. It's guess work.

And even if it's great for you, some of us are paying for Sunday Ticket and not getting what we pay for, and the league doesn't give a **** because that moron Goodell has this pipe dream about international expansion. He considers current customers to be a given so much so that he is willing to piss them off for an outside chance at new customers. It's an arrogant and poorly conceived strategy.
    We shall see.

He doesn't give a **** about you not because of his desire to expand the game internationally. He doesn't give a **** because he has you by the balls. Fans, as always, will feign outrage and then be right back in their seats next Sunday to watch the game again. You are the forgone conclusion, why should he cater to you? He has your money locked up, you don't offer anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,639 Times in 17,496 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I work in software development and essentially this is deploying to production without a real world test.
    Doesn't this game qualify as a 'real world test'?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We shall see.

He doesn't give a **** about you not because of his desire to expand the game internationally. He doesn't give a **** because he has you by the balls. Fans, as always, will feign outrage and then be right back in their seats next Sunday to watch the game again. You are the forgone conclusion, why should he cater to you? He has your money locked up, you don't offer anything.
    My point exactly. It's pure greed. He should give a **** about me because it's people like me that made him and the league rich. But he doesn't. All he cares about is finding people that can make the league go from uber rich to.... well, whatever the next stage of rich is. Tagliabue made a ton of money and grew the league more than any commissioner in any North American sport, but he did it without alienating the die-hards. Goodell thinks we are foregone conclusions but at some point there will be a backlash. The league consistently alienates consistent fans for corporate fans or new markets and it's getting really ****ing old.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,032 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    I used gamepass as well, and it was fine. Here's the difference though: The # of viewers on game pass is far, far lower then it will be here because most fans watch the game on a TV feed. When you completely flip that so the vast majority are now watching the stream, it's going to lead to problems.
    I understand that but I bet they learned a lot at the last superbowl and this is the test run for the next one. I expect it to be fine. Yahoo does have some pretty good horse power behind it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My point exactly. It's pure greed. He should give a **** about me because it's people like me that made him and the league rich. But he doesn't. All he cares about is finding people that can make the league go from uber rich to.... well, whatever the next stage of rich is. Tagliabue made a ton of money and grew the league more than any commissioner in any North American sport, but he did it without alienating the die-hards. Goodell thinks we are foregone conclusions but at some point there will be a backlash. The league consistently alienates consistent fans for corporate fans or new markets and it's getting really ****ing old.
    No there won't be. Stop being so melodramatic.