X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Yahoo to Stream NFL’s Bills-Jaguars Game

To those outside the Buffalo and Jacksonville markets, the game will be available for free across Yahoo, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Screen and Tumblr. The league will also be scrapping its TV blackout policy for this season.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Yahoo to Stream NFL’s Bills-Jaguars Game

This game better be on Sunday Ticket.

While I like the idea of free streaming games, I don't like the idea of being the NFL's guinea pig. If they have technical glitches, I need another way to watch the game.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      This game better be on Sunday Ticket.

While I like the idea of free streaming games, I don't like the idea of being the NFL's guinea pig. If they have technical glitches, I need another way to watch the game.
      It won't be available on Sunday Ticket. Chris Brown confirmed this in his last Fan Friday post.
      CB: As it’s been explained to me the London game will be broadcast much like a Monday Night football game. Locally in Buffalo (and Jacksonville) it will be carried by CBS, but everywhere else it will be on a digital platform.
      Those rights will be sold in the near future so for those folks in Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton and other upstate locales will have to keep an eye out for which digital platform landed the broadcasting rights. Some outfit like Apple, Facebook or Google figure to bid on it.
      It will not be available on Sunday NFL Ticket on DirectTV.
      It’s already been speculated that the NFL will probably look to strike a deal with one of those digital carriers who have the ability to stream on mobile devices. I know that’s not what you want to hear, but that’s where the technology is headed.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Great, so I'm not getting something that I paid for and instead I have to risk missing the game so the league can use us as test subjects. **** that.

It's a good thing the game is so great because the league really blows.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Great, so I'm not getting something that I paid for and instead I have to risk missing the game so the league can use us as test subjects. **** that.

I am with you Op.

As a DirectTV Sunday ticket subscriber, I think you should complain to Directv that you are not getting what you paid for & that is ALL out of market Sunday games.

Maybe you can get $20 off your bill or free HBO or Showtime for 6 months.

Comment

• DesertFox24
            • Jul 2005

This is crap, total crap. Why cannot Directtv play the game as well. Now I have to log into the CPU and do this garbage so the NFL can test streaming to see if it is viable and start to charge that way as well.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
              I am with you Op.

As a DirectTV Sunday ticket subscriber, I think you should complain to Directv that you are not getting what you paid for & that is ALL out of market Sunday games.

Maybe you can get $20 off your bill or free HBO or Showtime for 6 months.
              Exactly what you should do...complain. Demand a discount, and for a lot more than $20 too. Don't they claim to deliver all games on Sundays apart from the night game? They aren't living up to that claim, are they?

I would definitely demand compensation. Do it, and then report back here about what they said. I suggest telling them that you don't have access to the Internet and therefore won't be able to watch the game at all...lie. I have friends that will want to know how they respond.

Gotta figure that the NFL's little experiment here is going to give DirectTV a lot of headaches here.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

When it doubt: Lie. God bless the USA and the dollar.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I don't understand your *****ing. You can get the game for free on Yahoo. Are you complaining about it not being on HD?

Jesus you complain way too much. All the time in fact.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                    I don't understand your *****ing. You can get the game for free on Yahoo. Are you complaining about it not being on HD?

I paid to be able to watch every single game on my TV. I should be able to watch every single game on my tv. I don't understand why you think its inappropriate to complain when we aren't getting what we pay for.

And this is the first time the NFL is doing this. If there are technical glitches, we miss the game. I don't like being their ginuea pig. They should offer games for free that are on Sunday Ticket too until they can guarantee that the technology works and they have the bandwidth to handle the traffic.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

My issue with it not being available on the Sunday Ticket is that I like to DVR all the Bills games so I can go back and re-watch if I want. I also usually let the game record for about an hour or more and then start watching so I can fast forward through all the commercials and halftime and then get caught up to the live action in the second half. I live out west too, so this game is going to start at like 7:30 AM for me so it would be even more convenient to be able to record it. I'm not going to kick and scream about it, but not having it available on Sunday Ticket is annoying. Hopefully Yahoo at least has it's **** together and doesn't screw it up.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

I call every year & threaten to cancel Direct tv, so I never pay for the NFL ticket.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post

Revisit this thread when the feed drops while we're in the red zone.

Streaming on the side as overflow for TV viewers is fine. It has it's glitches, but you recognize that when you try to stream over the web rather than purchasing the content. But making streaming the only option is a terrible idea.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I dropped my Sunday Ticket package and I now I get to watch the game. Works for me.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                              When it doubt: Lie. God bless the USA and the dollar.
                              **** DirectTV anyway. They pretty much have a monopoly on the NFL broadcast market. Out-of-towners have no real choice but to go with them for not only football coverage, but the rest of their TV cable package as well. That all adds up to a pretty penny.

I would have no qualms telling a little white lie to these people to get them to lower the price, especially when the reality is that they aren't delivering what you paid a lot of money for them to deliver. The onus lies with them, and you shouldn't be expected to pay for what you aren't getting, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X