• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: Yahoo to Stream NFL’s Bills-Jaguars Game

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Great, so I'm not getting something that I paid for and instead I have to risk missing the game so the league can use us as test subjects. **** that.

It's a good thing the game is so great because the league really blows.
    I don't think the NFL has a good brand.

If I didn't love the Bills, I seriously wouldn't watch a single NFL game. Football isn't that great of a sport now that it's all a lame passing league.

I haven't watched a Superbowl since the Cards/Rape team in 2009, I think.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
      **** DirectTV anyway. They pretty much have a monopoly on the NFL broadcast market. Out-of-towners have no real choice but to go with them for not only football coverage, but the rest of their TV cable package as well. That all adds up to a pretty penny.

I would have no qualms telling a little white lie to these people to get them to lower the price, especially when the reality is that they aren't delivering what you paid a lot of money for them to deliver. The onus lies with them, and you shouldn't be expected to pay for what you aren't getting, no?
      I don't think you even need to lie about it though. People don't buy Sunday Ticket because they value all games equally, they buy it because they have a specific set of games they are interested in. Dropping even one of those games out of the package meaningfully changes the value.

On the plus side, Sunday Ticket does seem to be cheaper this year. NFL.com has the regular package listed at $160 and the Max one at $200. I thought it was $300 and $350 before?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

I've used NFL game pass all of last year and had no problem streaming(sometimes upto 4 games at once) in full HD.

As for the complaint that you can't watch it on TV? An HDMI cable fixes that problem. I know not ideal but it can work.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

If I didn't love the Bills, I seriously wouldn't watch a single NFL game. Football isn't that great of a sport now that it's all a lame passing league.

Seriously? The last few years have had some of the best Super Bowls of all time.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
            I've used NFL game pass all of last year and had no problem streaming(sometimes upto 4 games at once) in full HD.

As for the complaint that you can't watch it on TV? An HDMI cable fixes that problem. I know not ideal but it can work.
            I used gamepass as well, and it was fine. Here's the difference though: The # of viewers on game pass is far, far lower then it will be here because most fans watch the game on a TV feed. When you completely flip that so the vast majority are now watching the stream, it's going to lead to problems.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

You better ****ing bring the ****ing NFL to ****ing Mexico and ****ing forget about this ****ing problem, ****!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

Sadly, Im starting to feel this way too... it may be because its the dead of the offseason, but for some reason, the NFL is (for me) coming dangerously close to losing it.

I cant believe Im about to say this, but its actually REFRESHING to watch an NBA game and not have the broadcasters treating it like ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME EVER AND ITS LIFE OR DEATH RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!1

The focus is on, you know, basketball... the game being played. And not the theatrics that come with it. This whole debacle about the Super Bowl winning quarterback being a cheater not once, but twice now, and the league pussyfooting around it by suspending him 4 games, when it should be a life time ban, is insulting.

People have said the NFL jumped the shark long ago, but its starting to feel like more of a circus than a sport. Their insistence on parity has also overvalued the QB position to such a large extent that "parity" is the furthest thing from what the league has achieved. its a complete monopoly of allstar qbs winning super bowls, with no hope for 90% of the league.

Its entertainment. Its just not bigger than life, no matter how much they want to sell that. And kicking a game off at 9am and streaming it on the internet basically assures something is going to happen that hasnt happened in over 15 years this fall: im voluntarily going to miss a game, and not care. Oh well. The NBA looks like its entering a golden era. Steph Curry is sick, teams are bombing threes with reckless abandon, and the 4 conference finalists (Cleveland, Atlanta, Houston, and GS) are all also rans that have taken over by flying in the face of conventional ball and launching 3s non stop. It would be like Bills v Browns/Detroit v Washington for the Super Bowl. Its a great sport. I was a Knicks fan for all of the 90s and 2000s. Watch how fast I can go back to loving that sport.

As fast as you can say "Goodell is in over his head"

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  I dropped my Sunday Ticket package and I now I get to watch the game. Works for me.
                  If the game were not on Yahoo, it would have been shown on NATIONAL TV as the other London games will be.

May work for you but not me.

I have 75 mbps internet speed, but I know my experience watching this game will not be as good as if it were on CBS.
                  Last edited by better days; 06-03-2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    If the game were not on Yahoo, it would have been shown on NATIONAL TV as the other London games will be.

May work for you but not me.

I have 75 mbps internet speed, but I know my experience watching this game will not be as good as if it were on CBS.
                    I don't believe the London game has been on national TV the past few years. Not sure why you're assuming the Bills/Jags would of been.

My experience will be great, I've been using ESPN3 for years and it's been great. This is the future and I can't wait for it become this way for every game in every league.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      I don't believe the London game has been on national TV the past few years. Not sure why you're assuming the Bills/Jags would of been.
                      Because Bills-Jags would have been alone in its timeslot, just as Detroit-Atlanta was when it was nationally televised (http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=8)

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

No thanks to an online feed.

I'd rather go to London.

In fact, maybe I should research that and make it happen...
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                          Because Bills-Jags would have been alone in its timeslot, just as Detroit-Atlanta was when it was nationally televised (http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=8)
                          Didn't realize that.

Oh well.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

I'm glad I'm in the regional market to see the game on TV. If was getting gouged for the ticket I would be beyond pissed about this and tell them to shove the fine print up their asses. I see a class action lawsuit coming from this fiasco.

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                              I'm glad I'm in the regional market to see the game on TV. If was getting gouged for the ticket I would be beyond pissed about this and tell them to shove the fine print up their asses. I see a class action lawsuit coming from this fiasco.
                              One more feather in Roger Goodell's cap if that happens.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                                • Oct 2002

I know it's just lowly Buffalo and Jacksonville at 6am PST on Sunday, but why not use this on a preseason game? I think that this stinks, anyone outside of Buffalo or Jacksonville won't even have radio coverage for the game if/when the feed craps out. We'd have to watch the stupid Game Center on nfl.com or just get the score at the end of the game.
                                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X