X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Cyrus Kouandjio Has Taken Over The Starting Right Tackle Position

I'm not going to do beer bongs with the kool aid, but I'm encouraged.

I just don't think we can simultaneously disregard the DLs dominance in camp because of no pads...

( Obviously, any OL would struggle with our DL even with the ability to punch and hold.)

...So in that same vein, I'm gently encouraged by Kujo impressing in those conditions.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
      It's his job to win, not lose.

This is great news for the Bills offensive line.

Kouandjio played almost every single snap of OTAs and minicamp with the first team offense at right tackle.

I never thought that would happen after Kujo didn't start a single game in 2014. A lot of people, myself included thought he was a huge 2nd round bust.

Even though Henderson struggled last year, I didn't think he would get demoted so quickly. Something happened or didn't happen that set himself apart from the competition.

After the 2014 season, Kouandjio was determined to get better and seriously committed himself to a training program to help him become a starting tackle in the NFL. His hard work and determination have paid off. He is now penciled in as the starting right tackle for the Buffalo Bills.

The starting job wasn't handed to him, the kid earned it. Cyrus Kouandjio is a pleasant surprise, the most surprising of all this off season.

Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller, Kouandjio

That has been the starting offensive line unit all throughout OTAs and minicamp.

The Bills offensive line is starting to, "gel," well before anyone ever expected it to.
      Henderson had a solid rookie season.

He's not permanently demoted. He apparently had travel issues and it set him back in terms of reps...

"You're not here for a day, you miss a day, so you're a day behind. It's that simple," said offensive coordinator Greg Roman, who largely brushed off any questions about Henderson. "I just think that's what we did today based on where we're at."

The team did not make Henderson available to the media following the practice.

Henderson is thought to be in the mix for one of the two starting tackle spots this season along with Cordy Glenn and Cyrus Kouandjio, so being bumped down to the third team could be punishment for missing Tuesday's practice, or an indicator of the coaching staff's evaluation of his performance.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/06...n-to-minicamp/
      IMO Henderson starts again this season and improves even more.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
        Henderson had a solid rookie season.

He's not permanently demoted. He apparently had travel issues and it set him back in terms of reps...

IMO Henderson starts again this season and improves even more.
        Henderson is not permanently demoted but he is not a lock to start either.

He will have to win the starting job & Kujo looks like he is going to give him some competition for the job.

That is a good thing IMO.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Henderson is not permanently demoted but he is not a lock to start either.

He will have to win the starting job & Kujo looks like he is going to give him some competition for the job.

That is a good thing IMO.
          Competition is always a good thing.

Just my opinion Henderson winds up as a starter again.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

He might. Although again, I think he's better suited to LT. And Kujo is strictly a RT, so it makes even more sense to develop Hendy at LT.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              He might. Although again, I think he's better suited to LT. And Kujo is strictly a RT, so it makes even more sense to develop Hendy at LT.
              Henderson has the versatility to play both LT & RT.

He can be developed into the perfect swing Tackle.

I don't think Henderson can win the LT job over Glenn this year.

But injuries happen which makes Henderson valuable.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Henderson has the versatility to play both LT & RT.

He can be developed into the perfect swing Tackle.

I don't think Henderson can win the LT job over Glenn this year.

But injuries happen which makes Henderson valuable.
                I don't expect him to win the LT over Glenn. But I think he'll probably be the future LT. Glenn is low down on the re-sign list.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  I don't expect him to win the LT over Glenn. But I think he'll probably be the future LT. Glenn is low down on the re-sign list.
                  He is definitely below Dareus, but Glenn should be above Bradham IMO.

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Well, when the Bills make the playoffs this year, you can tell everyone how WRONG (STUPID) you were.

Said the hopeless homer

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post

Said the hopeless homer
                      I will wear the title of Homer.

It is much better than TROLL which you are.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

bump

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

He is definitely below Dareus, but Glenn should be above Bradham IMO.
                          Based on ability to replace yes that's a good ranking yet with Bradham being cheaper to bring back we might keep him and look to draft Glenn's replacement with our top pick in next year's draft.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

But beyond interior backup Kraig Urbik, there’s not a ton of reason to be confident if there are any injuries to the starting five. Urbik can handle center and both guard positions. Cyrus Kouandjio will most likely be the first tackle in as a backup, but after coming along nicely in OTAs and minicamp, he hasn’t continued the same growth through training camp. That's partly the reason Henderson has taken that job back. Backup guard Cyril Richardson can be of help as a power blocker, and can be used in a pinch at tackle, but is inconsistent in space and would be shaky as a long-term answer if Incognito or Miller went out for an extended length of time.
                            Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              Based on ability to replace yes that's a good ranking yet with Bradham being cheaper to bring back we might keep him and look to draft Glenn's replacement with our top pick in next year's draft.
                              I think you're right. We need to draft two Tackles and a Center in the first five rounds IMO. The depth on this OL is frightening and Eric Wood, though I do love him, has clearly taken a step back. We can't possibly pay top tier money to Glen and Dareus so if someone pays Cordy, we need to draft his replacement.
                              All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                                Sorry but you have read way too far into this. This is purely motivation to get Sentreal Henderson motivated for camp. Thd pads will go on and Kjuondo will be the 2nd round reach pick that we thought we had. Thd fact that our 2nd rounder was a healthy scratch all last season is not encouraging for his future.
                                I thought this thread got pulled up to thank me for calling this.

Comment

Working...
                                X