Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruins

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bruins

Reach reach reach

2. Post thanked by:

DetDannyWilliams (06-26-2015),Dude (06-27-2015),WagonCircler (06-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bruins

Yep..Zboril and Debrusk was a reach by 10 to 12 spots.. Senyshyn was a reach by a round and a half

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Today is Tanksgiving in Boston
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

5. Post thanked by:

Dude (06-27-2015),WagonCircler (06-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Isn't Spiked a Bruins fan? Wonder how he feels about them tanking.

I mean, I hope they're intentionally tanking because Don Sweeney is actually certifiably ******ed if these moves are anything but.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,493 Times in 12,035 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

bleacher report first wrote a scathing piece on the hamilton trade, then graded the bruins first round picks as a C-, D+, and a fat ole F.

what a day... maybe murray can fleece sweeney tomorrow or something.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

8. Post thanked by:

Dude (06-27-2015),WagonCircler (06-26-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I want to know what Patrice Bergeron thinks

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm surprised they couldn't dump Chara.

11. Post thanked by:

coastal (06-27-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    I'm surprised they couldn't dump Chara.
    That's numero uno dump as far as I'm concerned for them.

hes done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They finally made a decent pick Brandon carlo 6'5 225 defensemen went around where he should have

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seems like one troll is going to gone for awhile

15. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (06-28-2015),WagonCircler (06-27-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    He says it worked for the Sabres, the tank can work for us too!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

hahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha what a joke

Can't wait until we can say this about the Patriots. It's a long time coming but Boston sports is due for an arsfecking

18. Post thanked by:

Meathead (06-29-2015),WagonCircler (06-28-2015)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if i ever found alladins lamp i would wish that milan lucic gets fd in the a with tom bradys over inflated weiner
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

First off, Hamilton wouldn't negotiate he was steadfast at 7M per season and wouldn't budge. And with him gone we resigned McQuaid and now have the money to pay Krug. So I don't hate that trade, we're in cap hell. Sweeney inherited that from Chiarelli. So his back was against the wall. The Lucic trade was way necessary and I was glad to see him part with someone that should've been moved last season. I thought he got a decent return on that deal.

Also, we had 3 mid-round first picks, there's no sure things in the mid-first round. So I don't really care what people were graded at.

The end result is we're going to be paying for that Tuukka contract for a long time.

We definitely didn't do anything to anything to get better but we took the right steps in my opinion.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    First off, Hamilton wouldn't negotiate he was steadfast at 7M per season and wouldn't budge. And with him gone we resigned McQuaid and now have the money to pay Krug. So I don't hate that trade, we're in cap hell. Sweeney inherited that from Chiarelli. So his back was against the wall. The Lucic trade was way necessary and I was glad to see him part with someone that should've been moved last season. I thought he got a decent return on that deal.

Also, we had 3 mid-round first picks, there's no sure things in the mid-first round. So I don't really care what people were graded at.

The end result is we're going to be paying for that Tuukka contract for a long time.

We definitely didn't do anything to anything to get better but we took the right steps in my opinion.
    Not going to argue with you if you like the moves, but Hamilton is now your best defenseman (or was) especially going forward and he is still very young. You pay that for a number one defenseman. He seems to be considered league wide as a top defenseman. McQuaid is a second pair guy at best. The Lucic trade netted you a lot more than I thought it would.

I will agree that draft picks are what they are and you won't know if he did well for at least 2 and more likely three years.

Again, if you like the moves than that's fine, but as I see them, it almost looks like you are on the verge of a major rebuild. Getting rid of Tuuka would solidify that.

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,512 Times in 4,886 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    To quote The Rock...."It doesn't MATTER what Patrice Bergeron thinks!"
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    Not going to argue with you if you like the moves, but Hamilton is now your best defenseman (or was) especially going forward and he is still very young. You pay that for a number one defenseman. He seems to be considered league wide as a top defenseman. McQuaid is a second pair guy at best. The Lucic trade netted you a lot more than I thought it would.

I will agree that draft picks are what they are and you won't know if he did well for at least 2 and more likely three years.

Again, if you like the moves than that's fine, but as I see them, it almost looks like you are on the verge of a major rebuild. Getting rid of Tuuka would solidify that.
    It's funny because getting rid of Tuukka would be my #1 priority if I were Sweeney but he's saying that's not in the plans.
    Hamilton was -3 this season. He's a good offensive D-man but he struggles in his own zone. He's young so he's likely to improve there and he could become a star in this league. He wants to be paid that way now and the Bruins just don't have the room. It is what it is. I can't blame Sweeney for that.

So far we've lost Soderberg, Hamilton and Lucic. They've said they're not going to bring back Campbell or Paille.

So we've lost two 4th line Special Teamers, A top pair defenseman and a slow, stupid, arrogant power forward. Soderberg is the only player that leave me concerned. I think that Martin Jones is a major upgrade at the back-up goaltender spot and will give Rask the breaks they couldn't afford to give him this year. And I think Colin Miller will likely make the team as the Bruins 6th DMan. They also have 7M to spend in FA, they can bring in the left winger to replace Lucic and I think we're still a playoff caliber team. I am not counting on any of this years draft picks to make the team, but Patrnak has shown that the Bruins do still have the ability to find talent. And Julien (who I am glad was retained) knows how to teach defense. So I think we will be OK with Z, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Krug, Miller & Miller.

A lot of people don't realize what Chiarelli did to the Providence Bruins. He's been poaching assets for years to win now. With two cup appearances it wasn't all a loss but Sweeney had no money and very little up and coming talent. I think he hit a home run this weekend. I am probably in the minority.
    Last edited by The King; 06-29-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

now that the sabres got their guy i suddenly think tanking is terrible

25. Post thanked by:

casdhf (06-29-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,493 Times in 12,035 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    It's funny because getting rid of Tuukka would be my #1 priority if I were Sweeney but he's saying that's not in the plans.
    Hamilton was -3 this season. He's a good offensive D-man but he struggles in his own zone. He's young so he's likely to improve there and he could become a star in this league. He wants to be paid that way now and the Bruins just don't have the room. It is what it is. I can't blame Sweeney for that.

So far we've lost Soderberg, Hamilton and Lucic. They've said they're not going to bring back Campbell or Paille.

So we've lost two 4th line Special Teamers, A top pair defenseman and a slow, stupid, arrogant power forward. Soderberg is the only player that leave me concerned. I think that Martin Jones is a major upgrade at the back-up goaltender spot and will give Rask the breaks they couldn't afford to give him this year. And I think Colin Miller will likely make the team as the Bruins 6th DMan. They also have 7M to spend in FA, they can bring in the left winger to replace Lucic and I think we're still a playoff caliber team. I am not counting on any of this years draft picks to make the team, but Patrnak has shown that the Bruins do still have the ability to find talent. And Julien (who I am glad was retained) knows how to teach defense. So I think we will be OK with Z, Seidenberg, McQuaid, Krug, Miller & Miller.

A lot of people don't realize what Chiarelli did to the Providence Bruins. He's been poaching assets for years to win now. With two cup appearances it wasn't all a loss but Sweeney had no money and very little up and coming talent. I think he hit a home run this weekend. I am probably in the minority.
    you are in the minority. hamilton is a future franchise d-man. if you cant find the money to sign him, then you offer out chara, or buy him out. chara is old, and isnt what he used to be. someone would take him though.

and the lucic deal was fine, until they had to use the picks. they didnt use them well. time will tell if these guys are good NHLers, theres potential there. but they left better prospects on the board.

all in all, yeah, the bruins had to make huge changes, but they didnt make the right ones. it was a bad day for the bruins.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep